Downsizing Game

135 posts in this topic

Posted

I think really the only way to break out of it is with time - you gotta find a new purpose for your life, or a driving force, or remember what you had before and why you were motivated by it.

I can't even say I know what it's like to have one. I've never had a large motivation for anything that didn't involve escapism. It's like living most of your early life in auto-pilot or as a robot or a doll or something and then waking up after a feverish sleep. What time is it? Why do my limbs feel like Jell-O? Anyone home?

The closest thing I have to motivation is making some kind of companion AI but the implications that could come with that makes me feel... guilty. Like the thought of these things gaining sentience only to have to actually go through living most of their life as a doll.

Eeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuugh.

I have also succumbed to another temptation: to make an app that is just this character telling you comforting things. Since I'm so not paying $99 for this silly project, it's never going to reach the app store and I'll just have it. That's all.

Posted

Roommate says you're not allowed to come over because:

"he came over for Graces when we had it but when we stopped having it he stopped coming over as much so he's a jerk :(((((((((((((((((((("

you've offended your second future wife. She sad at you.

ive been dying. besides, i havent been in town for the last couple weekends. and your one roommate should work on this project with me dammit. i have five projects, five groups, and no one seems to have any drive at all to meet or work or anything :< and im so tired of emailing doctors.

Posted

Additional discussion fuel: What about helping people fight their temptations? Or asking for that help yourself? Asking people to hide sweets, or forcefully get you up in the morning, or you dropping your friend from drinking too much when they're drunk. Stuff like that.

Teto's opinions

Drunkenness and tiredness result in a weakened state of mind, more vulnerable to distraction and betrayal of your personal goals through surrendering to temptation. Basically, they're not in their right mind.

Just a thing I thought.

Posted

ive been dying. besides, i havent been in town for the last couple weekends. and your one roommate should work on this project with me dammit. i have five projects, five groups, and no one seems to have any drive at all to meet or work or anything :< and im so tired of emailing doctors.

That one roommate doesn't even live here like she should :(

Be assertive.

Posted

Additional discussion fuel: What about helping people fight their temptations? Or asking for that help yourself? Asking people to hide sweets, or forcefully get you up in the morning, or you dropping your friend from drinking too much when they're drunk. Stuff like that.

i cant count the number of times ive busted my ass trying to drag someone metaphorically away from doing dumb shit. its kainda an insane range of shit, too. skimping on school things, drug things, self harm, self-critical mentality...though sometimes i wind up helping people with their temptations, lol. like fetching soda or bringing food, games, etc.

to be honest, most of those helping experiences havent gone so well. i havent exactly stopped, but im much more prone to not interfering with someone when theyre hellbent on the idea that theyre fine. kainda like a "ok, if youre not gonna believe me when i say the stove is hot..." approach. if people ask for help, though, im not gonna turn em down. ive just learned that if they dont think they need help, nothing is going to change, youre just gonna feel dumb/useless when they 1) puppy you over or 2) keep doing what theyre doing.

ive had some nasty experiences where 2 = 1. yeah, getting cursed at on the phone by a drunk person (drinking by themselves to drown their miseries like an alcoholic, mind you) just for going on a vacation with your family is a load of bullshit. ive kainda grown from there, to the point that if someone pulled that crap on me now, id hang the hell up, and not answer their calls till the next day. if they were still talking crap, id only put up with them long enough to drop them (five seconds?) before hanging up.

ive gotten way the hell off the sub-topic though.

as far as me resisting temptations....im posting this at 1:30 am, so my ability to resist hnet is kainda obvious. and any systems/boxes/cupboards are only going to slow me down. if i want sweets, im gonna eat the sweets. yea, ill try my best to limit how much (lol) but what i usually wind up doing is trying to sorta compensate in my average meal. ive gotten in the habit of reading the nutrition facts as i eat things. it works really well as a deterrent for getting seconds (how many calories are in this snack cake?! what is this, pure butter?!).

my friends are pretty bad at stopping me from things, too, like impulse buys. but really, its more of a half-assed "try to kainda keep m from spending a lot of cash?" that ive only tried once or twice, because it didnt work.

im also awful at resisting the urge to sleep. pulling an all-nighter: "i think ill take a tiny tiny nap, ill wake up at 1 am" followed by a lot of "dammit phone, ten more minutes, i havent slept at all ;A;" followed by "aaaaaaaaaa its 5 am aaaaaaaaaaaa" or even worse, when i sleep through my alarms and go "how is it 9 am omg my things are due in a couple hours im dying aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" yet i still take those naps, even knowing i might not wake up when i want to. ive mostly got it figured out now, though--naps for 1 hour = oversleeping. unfortunately, this means that most of my naps (20-30 min) consist of me lying there with my eyes shut, going "I HOPE I DONT SLEEP THROUGH MY EVERYTHING AGAIN"

Posted

I went through forty days of no soda. I am almost done with a box. My willpower is there but I am too lazy to use it. Dammit.

Posted

I can withstand temptation if I have a goal. Otherwise I bleed money

Posted

Everyone: Try and get your votes in sometime in the next 24 hours from now please.

Posted

I am still laying in bed now at 5:18. I skipped class earlier at 11. :•D

Posted

You filthy sinner.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I am still laying in bed now at 5:18. I skipped class earlier at 11. :•D

Pshhhhhh, I woke up at 8:30 pm today. This is actually sort of a major issue in my life shit

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

The round is up, the votes have been tallied. The long lived third round, Temptation, has finally come to an end.

9wvprtO.png

And there you have it. Next round will come up sometime. I hope you can all be here for it.

Posted

HA HAHAHAHAAAAAA THE PROPHECY IS FUFILLED. TH CRIMSON MOON SHALL PULL THE DARK TIDES AND MAN SHALL WEEP. HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA.

In oother news, there is a pebble in my shoe.

Chimetals likes this

Posted

One day...