Downsizing Game

135 posts in this topic

Posted

I win

Posted

Does it count if I talk about being banned from one of the school housings?

Posted

I am going to punch something because of this homework...

Posted

i havent even started on mine, and its due tomorrow.

instead ive spent my time googling roses.

they can call the blue rose the holy grail of rosebreeders, but i will make one with sheer willpower if it comes to it, i swear. especially since im not really going to be breeding anything.

i guess worst case scenario i try to make one of those purpley roses more blue. through willpower.

Posted

But that would turn it green.

Posted

im not sure how?

ugh, all ive learned is that roses come in every shade but blue. and genetic engineering is still a crapshoot, as the genetically modified ones were supposed to have the red neutralized by miRNA. what happened is the miRNA didnt stop all the red particles, so the result was a flower making both red and blue pigment.

but hey, they got the blue pigment in there. thats a start. and theyre working on figuring out how to actually stop the red pigment now, too.

Posted

just roll back the sliders on green and red and bam you got a blue rose

I CAN'T EVEN CHALK THIS ONE UP TO NIGHT-DUMBNESS

Posted

its making a blue rose like the people on the internet make a blue rose: with image editing.

Posted

HOMEWORK, WHY AREN'T YOU DONE YET? WHY ARE YOU STILL ONLY ON ONE A????

aliguawbhe;oihawjknkasdnkvahewbaweihag;weofhiawefaw'egewga;weoigjaw;egijawergaweg

Posted

better than pulling an allnighter, then sleeping through class 1 in an attempt to nap, followed by sleeping up till the time i usually leave for class, not eating lunch, getting halfway to class before realizing i didnt email my homework to myself, getting to lab with ten minutes to spare, then having to troubleshoot matlab because i had to switch from a linux to a windows, so everything was in a whacked out layout as far as finding the dumb files, realizing matlab was a newer version, which means that an error it was having before was now a full-blown clusterpuppy of "you didnt type this EXACTLY right so IM NOT GOING TO RUN" follwed by not being able to get the code easily (which needed to be printed) and just generally not being able to turn my homework in. because my professor is anal-retentive about it being turned in at the beginning of class.

i almost skipped class, too, but i luckily didnt, as he had yet another pop quiz that i was completely unprepared for. so i got to make a dumb point-grab at the multiple choice bullshit, like usual.

the closer i get to the end of the semester, the more i find myself wondering why the hell i didnt become a japanese major. seriously, why. im so much better at it, and its so much easier. but now i have an apartment, among other things, so i cant even be like "IM LEAVING LETS GO SOMEWHERE CHEAPER AND WITH THIS LANGUAGE MAJOR" and thats not counting the extra years and money id have to invest in. maybe i should just go spend an hour or so on transfer.org and see if i can get away with it somehow. i mean, i keep hearing fairy tales from friends about how they switched to a liberal arts major, and are somehow graduating earlier.

Posted

I skipped every single one of my classes today and my scanner decided I wasn't going to turn in my homework on time so now I have a 50% late penalty in ASTROPHYSICS.

The key part of that class is PHYSICS.

Posted

Guys, stop enjoying yourselves. There isn't going to be a winner. The game is over!!

Posted

I won. Twas I, what slayed the dragon.

Posted

the closer i get to the end of the semester, the more i find myself wondering why the hell i didnt become a japanese major. seriously, why. im so much better at it, and its so much easier.

I mean, there certainly have to be more job opportunities with a degree in bioengineering (or at least higher paying jobs) than with a language degree. From what I've seen, it doesn't really sound like that part is too incredibly valuable in your eyes though.

Sometimes I wish I had such concrete problems as everybody else :/

Posted

i dont want to have to compete for a job, really, but at the same time, id love to work for someplace in charge of translating manga or anime or even novels, if i hypothetically had that degree. i wouldnt expect much pay, and i dont really need a lot of pay. but bioe with my track i in higher demand? and if i can somehow pass my classes, then i only have one year left.