Downsizing Game

135 posts in this topic

Posted

I would welcome Zeldanig with open arms and tolerate his name choice

I would also make a puppyING WEREWOLF BLACKLIST OF INACTIVE MOTHERpuppyERS WHO ARE BANNED FROM WEREWOLF

Teto likes this

Posted

Ehhhhhhhh. Weekly beheadings. Or maybe promote more activity in the roleplaying section.

Chimetals likes this

Posted

So how long is the day/when does it end?

On topic, I don't really have much that I'd change I guess. My only issue with the forums is I'd like a little more activity, but there's not a whole lot I'd be able to do about that. Tbh I'd be terrible for the job because I'm honestly not incredibly interested in LoZ (though almost no one here posts about it much anyway).

Posted

i still think we should go join a handful of other forums and put hnet in our siggy or something. a more subtle approach than "HAY I JOINED JUST TO RECRUIT". something that speaks, "i joined your community, and you see that i am not a bad person, and have a decent intellect, so if you desire to speak with more intellectual people, here is my business card, just in case."

in other words, we go find some youth-populated forums, then we steal the cool ones. bonus points if silver goes over and successfully passes himself off as someone twice his age and earns modship there before revealing himself (the last bit is totally doable, and imo, damn near easy.)

Posted

Honestly, if I was running the forums, things would go badly because I'd probably forget to do stuff and one day you'd just sign on to find a charring wasteland and me going "Oops :("

Posted

So how long is the day/when does it end?

48 hours from the start of the round [x]. Maybe earlier if the conversation dries up and everybody has already submitted their votes.

Posted

If I was in charge, I'd send every new user who joined and was active and regularly posting for at least two weeks some delicious fried chicken. that'd be incentive to stick around right.

alternatively, make people actually read the rules of new forum games instead of immediately deciding they're too busy for it even though it won't actually require any more time than the time you spend online everyday anyways. HMMMM WHO AM I TALKING ABOUT

Chimetals likes this

Posted

What do you think needs to change?

Posted

Man, if I had run of the forums, and I'll be honest here, I'm not sure what I'd do. Given what he has, Tappy's been doing a pretty swell job (and we should appreciate him properly by sending him arby's) and if I have problems with the forum, no rule or regulation would be able to change it. 

Something that needs to change, though, is how some of the members deal with problems, which is to say when people air out their dirty laundry for all of the forums to see when these things are supposed to be between a two to a few people. 

I mean, I know this is a forum and all and everyone's so tight but there is no reason that everyone should have to be up in arms over something that could very well be between two people. 

emsomniac and Chimetals like this

Posted

Given what he has, Tappy's been doing a pretty swell job (and we should appreciate him properly by sending him arby's)

and then tappy gets some week old, moldy sammich in the mail and wonders why what he ever did to deserve such a fate.

or better yet, a swarm of moldy sammiches. one from each person.

Sayubie likes this

Posted

Hey, man, it's better than me eating his bed. Or I very sleepy me in a skype call. Very. Sleepy.

Also, we're supposed to hand deliver these arby's sandwiches because that is the only way.

Posted

Something that needs to change, though, is how some of the members deal with problems, which is to say when people air out their dirty laundry for all of the forums to see when these things are supposed to be between a two to a few people. 

I mean, I know this is a forum and all and everyone's so tight but there is no reason that everyone should have to be up in arms over something that could very well be between two people. 

But then where ever will we get our weekly dose of drama?

But yeah, its always a bit uncomfortable when something like that happens, especially when I live close to a quarter of your ( or so )

Posted

But then where ever will we get our weekly dose of drama?

that, my friend, is what soap operas are for. and tv in general.

Posted

Watching drama's fine and dandy until you become part of it and then you just experience deep regrets :(

WE ARE REALLY GOOD AT BEING ACTIVE IN GAMES GAIZ /:D

Posted

that, my friend, is what soap operas are for. and tv in general.

Tis true. Television is the refuge of the serialized fiction format, in which things happen and people mope about it.