Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Would Anyone Want To Buy My 3DS? (Includes downloaded games)

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I am probably going to get a 3DS XL soon. I should have realized it sooner, but I can put money that I get from selling my old 3DS towards a new 3DS XL. And I am glad that I did not sell my current 3DS to Gamestop for store credit already because Target will be having a 3DS XL sale starting on March 24th. Apparently Gamestop is only offering to give up to $35 in store credit (and even less in cash) for the original 3DS.  But then there's this " great deal" that doubles the trade-in value, bringing the store credit amount to $70. This information is from February, so it may be outdated by now. I also recently learned that Amazon will take traded in 3DS systems (and they offer more than Gamestop), but unfortunately they offer it on an Amazon gift card.

So yeah, I don't want to trade in my 3DS for $70 in Gamestop store credit and then be forced to put it towards a 3DS XL from Gamestop. And I don't want to trade in my 3DS to Gamestop for an even smaller amount in cash. It would totally defeat the point of selling it for cash to buy the less expensive 3DS XL at Target if I get less money for my sold 3DS. I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in buying my Cosmo Black 3DS for $70? I am accepting the already really low price that Gamestop would potentially give me, except I am passing the savings on to you!!!

:groupwave:

I know that many of my friends are still on the fence about buying a 3DS. I bought this one on launch (you will see that I have the Nintendo Ambassador Certificate). Some people were convinced to buy one after the 3DS got a price cut from $249.99 to $169.99. Some people were convinced to buy the 3DS XL when it was released for $199.99. And the most recent price cuts, which appear to be a Target exlusive starting on March 24th, will bring the original 3DS down to $129.99 and the 3DS XL down to $159.99. According to Gamestop's site, a refurbished 3DS and 3DS XL go for $159.99 and $189.99 respectively. So I think that getting a 3DS for $70 is still pretty good. It may be low enough to finally convince the people who are still undecided. Or poor. On the 3DS are photos of me, built-in games like Face Raiders and AR Games, downloaded apps, the Nintendo Ambassador's Certificate, and 21 Virtual Console games!

Let me know if anyone is interested. I could do cash or PayPal or in payments, or whatever. I trust you guys. It's fine if no one is interested, I just decided that if I am going to be getting $70 for this piece of obsidian majesty then I might as well sell it to a friend. So like, they can have a 3DS also and puppy Gamestop.

Current prices of 3DS and 3DS XL from various places:

From Gamestop:

Refurbished 3DS:  $159.99

Refurbished 3DS XL:  $189.99

New 3DS:  $169.99

New 3DS XL:  $199.99

From Target (starting on March 24th):

New 3DS: $129.99

New 3DS XL: $159.99

From your pal Alex:

Used 3DS: $70!!

:jawdrop:

The Virtual Console games on the system:

10 NES games:

-Balloon Fight

-Donkey Kong, Jr.

-Excitebike (3D classic version)

-Ice Climber

-Legend of Zelda

-Metroid

-NES Open Tournament Golf

-Super Mario Bros.

-Wrecking Crew

-Yoshi

-Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

11 Gameboy Advance games:

-F-Zero Maximum Velocity

-Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

-Kirby & The Amazing Mirror

-The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

-The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition

-Mario Kart: Super Circuit

-Mario vs. Donkey Kong

-Metroid Fusion

-Wario Land 4

-WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$

-Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3

Downloaded Titles:

-Pokedex 3D

-Nintendo Video

-Swapnote

-Netflix

Included stuff:

-Cosmo Black 3DS system

-the original 6 AR Cards used to play built-in AR Games

-the original "telescoping" stylus

-the original AC charger

-the original charging dock/cradle

Photos of my Cosmo Black 3DS:

:coolpics:

NkYAri2l.jpg

yZN92fsl.jpg

o5H2DtJl.jpg

BaLX4eMl.jpg

X6bDMnOl.jpg

Edited by ∟ ∟ (see edit history)

Posted

Just one question.

Why not keep the 3DS until you can do a system transfer to the XL? That way, you get to keep all your games and get the shiny new system.

And, yes, I'm aware that you have to trade in the old 3DS before you can get the good deal. But it seems more prudent to me (the GBA games alone are worth it) to just purchase the XL outright, transfer the games, then sell the old 3DS to one of the members here or on Craigslist or as store credit to get some games. 

Posted

I suppose I will do that. I neglected to research if it was even possible to do that. Nintendo, in my opinion, has not had a good track record of providing good system-to-system options when people want to upgrade. I assumed that I would be unable to do this. But can you blame me? I mean, 90% of the time, Nintendo is disappointing someone.

I would hate to erase half of my beautiful thread that I had too much fun typing. So I guess I will keep the Ambassador's Certificate, but I will leave it up in the thread.

Posted

So far, they're doing better than Sony and Microsoft by a mile. The PS4 isn't backwards compatibile with ANYTHING (PS1, Ps2, PS3, PSN games, etc) and Microsoft hasn't said if the next Xbox will be backwards compatible. 

I don't understand what you mean, anyway. Nintendo has always been good about backwards compatibility and getting things to work with newer things. The thing they actually suck at is keeping games stuck to a console and not to a network ID. If your console goes to shit it's too bad for you. 

On the other hand, I guess it makes it easier to transfer, like they've done from 3DS to XL and Wii to Wii U. Transfer process is relatively painless for both. 

Posted

Sorry if this is rambling, I am really dead tired.

I was going to bring up the Nintendo Network problem for the Wii U, but I felt like it was being too critical. Nintendo has been good about backwards compatibility, sure. I just am really annoyed at the idea of sticking games to consoles, too, like you said. Nintendo, in my opinion, has always had the most crude and bulkiest ways of transferring data. I guess it's admirable that they wanted people to connect, like with Gameboys and Pokemon for example. But they really need to like wrap their heads around removable storage devices and games and data linked to accounts. I just feel that too often they're guilty of introducing some really archaic and awkward method of transferring data. They should invest in an option to constantly back up sava data, accounts, purchases and sync them to a new device. They may have already with their Nintendo Network, but I am not sure if you can log in to an existing Nintendo Network ID on a "blank" Wii U. Instead of picking up data carefully from one system and putting it into another system, there should be a way to distribute data across a limited number of devices (activating new devices and deactivating old devices as necessary). It would keep people from sharing their purchases with friends (game companies don't like that obviously). I mean if a data cloud option would work for any game company, then it'd be Nintendo since they have the handheld market.

Again, sorry if I am rambling or bringing up unrelated things

Now I remember reading that there was a

Posted

actually, to get the glory that is the fire emblem 3ds, i sold my 3ds to emma. she literally brought the cash to gamestop for the purchasing of shiny FE things, we went to my dorm, charged and fired up the new kid, and then i figured out the system transfer, and sent her home with my old 3ds and charger. the transfer damn near gave me a heart attack though, since i had kid icarus and LoZ4s on there, and neither of them looked like they had transferred.

turns out, nintendo was very nice about "if you downloaded it once, you can download it again for free", and the transfer had given my new 3ds the same fingerprint as my old one (i dont have an account of any kind, really). it took me 15-30 min to figure this out, but its all fine now.

$35 for your 3ds though is just....mine was barely scuffed (based on the pictures, the same lack of paint damage as yours) and with screen protectors, and they offered me $60. though i cant remember if that was in-store or not, since i was just gonna buy the FE one immediately from there anyway.

but i just wanted to pop in as someone that pulled the exact stunt youre about to, and say that it really is possible to do the transfer and everything. though idk if the certificate would transfer as well, since i didnt have that to start with.

Posted

I'm probably going to jump on this. I've been debating a DS/DSlite for a while now and I might as well grab this opportunity from a bro like Alex

Posted

The Ambassador certificate transfers as well. 

I can vouch for it because I've done it. I upgraded to an XL when they first came out and used the transfer process. I was nervous as hell when it started, but it all worked out fine. Just follow the directions and not a whole lot can go wrong.

LLmao ?✊? likes this