Shadow Temple theory

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a new theory to add to the many surrounding the Shadow Temple. Is it possible that the Shadow Temple was where Majora's mask was sealed away? The "ancient ones" who used (and possibly created) the mask are sometimes theorized to have been Sheikah, and the mask was said to be "sealed in shadow", a statement that does not require the involvement of the Shadow Temple, but is certainly consistent with it. The temple itself also looks like a giant torture chamber filled with human remains, a fact which once again does not require the presence of Majora's mask, but is nonetheless consistent with its backstory and behavior. This would also explain exactly what "great lengths" the Happy Mask Salesman went to to get the mask, and could potentially explain why he has the Mask of Truth, a Sheikah relic he otherwise should not have. Is it possible?

Posted

This board isn't exactly for discussing, it's for presenting your own theory that you support a hypothesis with points for. I'll keep it here just so you can find it later, but keep in mind that there's a supposed "right way" to do this.

It's shaky to me, because Majora's Mask has never been related to the Sheikah; it was always related to an ancient tribe that thrived in Termina, the Ikanans. Majora's Mask has its own shrine in the Stone Tower as well as the Moldorm arena, so I would assume it was held there.

Posted (edited)

Oh. Sorry about that! Is there a place for this kind of discussion, so I know for the future?

Also, I've heard the Ikanans theorized as the ancient tribe before, but as far as I know, they haven't been confirmed as being the tribe as yet.

Edited by Setras (see edit history)

Posted

There's a very well-accepted and solid theory that talks about the origins of Majora's Mask. I don't think the game ever tries to hint at the Sheikah being related to it; it's a much larger stretch to try and imply they're linked.

Also, there's just the general Zelda Discussion board, which this board is contained within.