Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Daft Punk's Random Access Memories album

91 posts in this topic

Posted

So after eight years, they're finally making another studio album. All I can say is I'm crying. ;-; This is so beautiful. Their site went down and came back up, eventually being updated with this single, hype-saturated image:

daft-punk2.jpg

They've reportedly been working with Nile Rodgers and Giorgio Moroder, big names in disco, which shows this time around; their new album, recently being revealed to be titled Random Access Memories, has 13 tracks registered with Columbia Records, and is available for preorder on http://www.randomaccessmemories.com/

Teasers have been released on Saturday Night Live showing clips of a couple new tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=922-y641Ask

They've proven time and time again that they are highly respectable musicians, and I can't wait for this new album.

I got so excited I preordered both the CD and the vinyl, and I don't think I'll ever regret that purchase.

The album's releasing I think sometime around May 21, and is also available for digital download preorder on iTunes.

Posted (edited)

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant

Alive 2007 is my most listened to album ever, and I expect I'll be listening to this one just as much.

Edited by emsomniac (see edit history)
Cirt and Sahaqiel like this

Posted

(funk)

(funk) FUNKY

(funk) LUCKY

(funk) GET LUCKY

I have a tiny iPod Shuffle, and though it's not great on storage considering how many tracks I have, it's kind of a good thing because it forces me to pick the tracks that I really really like. I end up always putting at least three of each of Daft Punk's albums on, and I've listened to most of their tracks about equal amounts. They've changed musical styles every album. Homework had deep/acid house and hip-hop influences, Discovery had a unique mixture of a lot of stuff, then Human After All went really electro with rock influences, (supposedly it was mostly improv). Human After All was an unpopular move, and Alive 2007 kind of slapped people in the face and reminded them that they're really awesome musicians. And now we're going back to disco and funk. I mean, Daft Punk as always used funk in their studio albums (not so much HAA) but it doesn't surprise me that they're going disco; nu disco has been really popular lately. But as always, they have a really unique sound and style that just blows my mind every time I hear it. And of course, disco is just awesome.

Ugh I can't wait.

Posted

I also can't wait for this to come out.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant

Alive 2007 is my most listened to album ever, and I expect I'll be listening to this one just as much.

Same, Alive 2007 is probably one of my most listened to albums (as of late). I downloaded Daft Punk's discography sometime last year, and absolutely love it. I don't know why I wasn't a fan before. I am super excited for this new album and would love to see them live.

Posted

This sounds really great.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

not too big into techno/dubstep but I will check it out since everyone seems to be excited

Posted

not too big into techno/dubstep but I will check it out since everyone seems to be excited

Daft Punk is brostep you dolt.

emsomniac likes this

Posted

omigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigosh

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

When the full album drops and I finally get to listen to it, I suspect it's going to blow my mind out of the back of my skull, seeing as the teasers' less than twenty seconds of air vibration is already exploding my head. I can't tell you how intense I feel this.

Michael likes this

Posted

That's awesome, Tappy. It got really great around the time Burnin' came in.

Also, hype as PUPPY:

My frail heart can't take this.

I'm seriously finding it hard to concentrate on anything else but how good this sounds.

we're up all night to get lucky

Cirt and Teto like this

Posted

Not sure if Pharrell Williams was the correct choice for the vocals. I dunno, they just seem off. still hyped