Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Daft Punk's Random Access Memories album

91 posts in this topic

Posted

While his vocals are good in the chorus, the rest of the time they can be pretty lacklustre. It felt like listening to karaoke at some points.

Yeah, the chorus is the best contribution he has. The rest doesn't really seem too demanding in terms of singing. It's more halfway between talking and singing. I'm thinking it's probably intentional, since the track is supposed to have a personal feel to it, but when he starts on the chorus it's just as good as other vocally demanding tracks Daft Punk has made.

The vocoded synth is just simply amazing. Just a chopped, insane monument to funk and groove. It makes me feel that the phrase "get lucky" isn't meant for just sex, but passion and happiness; a feeling of euphoria. Rather than a sexual phrase, it more lends to the fact that the word "happiness" is actually derived from the word for luck. I had these feelings for awhile after hearing the second teaser, and later Pharrell's collaborator interview pretty much echoed what I'd felt, if a little less coherently.

Posted

from 1980

lol Daft Punk you daft punks. I get sampling but this is basically the material for their whole song??

Posted

from 1980

lol Daft Punk you daft punks. I get sampling but this is basically the material for their whole song??

Yeah, that's pretty uncreative sampling

A lot of their other stuff is much better at sampling 

Posted

So apparently this teaser for Lose Yourself To Dance is real after all. Nile Rodgers put it on his site: http://www.nilerodgers.com/about/press/2726-lose-yourself-to-dance

EDIT

Although there's still people saying in the comments that that isn't an official site of his, so actually maybe I'll keep from saying that it's official. I can't really be bothered actually verifying anything with certainty.

Posted

Yeah Teto. They said they threw Human After All together in literally two weeks, when it's taken them the same amount of time to find samples for their previous tracks hidden in little niches of somewhat obscure records. HAA was mostly improv with sampling, which I think is a strange concept? They took the hook, which is used a lot in this track. I really like both for different reasons, but it's pretty much used verbatim in Robot Rock during most parts of it.

Posted

So I hear that Animal Collective is also collaborating with them

puppying brilliant.

Posted

I thought it was only panda, not the whole of anco

Posted

It only says featruing Panda Bear, yeah. I look forward to seeing what that song sounds like most of all.

Posted

yeah I mean I just grouped the rest of AnCo in but that's what I know Panda Bear for

Posted

Tbh I don't really like what I've heard of this album so far (Get Lucky) but thats just because I'm not a huge fan of the style they went for with it, not because I think its bad. It broke the record for most listened song on spotify so there must be a lot of people who like it at least.

Hearing that Panda Bear is working with them gets me excited though because AnCo is great :D

Posted

Disabled Access Memories

Posted

just heard the supposed leak of the panda bear track. Daaaaaaaaaaamn.

I'm fairly convinced its real, i recognize his voice, and daft punks 10/10 vocoder skills. I'm now really hyped.

"Everybody will be dancing and we'll be doing it right ~~"

EDIT: someone put it through shazam, and shazam recognized it. I think that pretty much confirms it. [[HYPING INTENSIFIES]]

Posted

It leaked, and it's really really good. My favourite track from my first listen is Giorgio the Moroder. It was half history lesson, half "this is rlly good".

Posted

I tried listening to a few songs and like, it's okay I guess. It's not worth buying, or even pirating imho.

Edit- I'm listening to Giorgio the Moroder right now and I'm super unimpressed.

Posted

I dunno, I listened to the album under strange circumstances. I was listening to the music, playing it on Audiosurf, and in my free hand I was solving a sudoku puzzle. So while my focus was opened up for multitasking, somehow it made the music a lot more enjoyable. The song by itself, on a second listen, wasn't as good as I remembered. But I liked it still anwyay. I liked the sudden change into strings, the drums (I have a thing for the kind of drumming that went on there), and the interview was informative

PrimaGaga likes this