Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Daft Punk's Random Access Memories album

91 posts in this topic

Posted

You did the same thing with Game of Thrones; someone said they liked something and then you came in and said it was bad for no given reason. Have you forgotten that whole thing about being offhandedly offensive? You pretty much went into the album expecting it to be unimpressive. You literally posted this.

"I tried listening to a few songs and like, it's okay I guess. It's not worth buying, or even pirating imho.

Edit- I'm listening to Giorgio the Moroder right now and I'm super unimpressed."

Do you even think before you type like this? "I listened to like three songs from this thing you all like and it's not even worth getting for free. I'm listening to this thing you just said you really liked and it's not even good but I won't tell anyone why. But if you think I'm being pompous then you are automatically wrong and I don't have to listen to what you have to say."

Posted

But I like Game of Thrones? I'm on season 2. It's not my favorite show but I still watch it.

EDIT- I NEVER SAID GoT WAS BAD. I SAID THEY HAD UGLY BOOBS. I NEVER SAID THE SHOW WAS BAD.

Dude, yesterday I had a long conversation with Teto about how I don't like DP, but he likes it, and I was okay with that because why wouldnt I be? And we came to a pretty basic agreement with what we think DP is. so like, really, shut the puppy up. You look stupid.

daftpunk_zps66722692.png

this was just the end of our conversation. And It was a civil one without him or me talking shit about each other. 

Saha, just because you are smart and write long posts doesn't mean you are 100% right about everything, especially people's motivations. I'll repeat, puppy off.

Posted

@Padraig! It's funny cause I listen to almost exclusively hip hop and dance music.

@Saha yeah cause not liking Daft Punk makes me so cool and hardcore. Im not even gonna bother reading your wall of text if you think my opinion was shared simply to piss you off. puppy off.

Listening to dance does not make your post any less uneducated or lazy. If you actually had some substance to it, id take what you have to say more serious, but you literally listened to 3 tracks and said it's not even worth pirating. In a thread full of discussion, that comes across as being contrarian and deliberately inflammatory, regardless of whether that's how you feel. Also I have no idea why you're getting so hostile towards Saha, he gave a fairly good argument and you just emotively lashed out. That's kind of immature.

Posted

But I like Game of Thrones? I'm on season 2. It's not my favorite show but I still watch it.

EDIT- I NEVER SAID GoT WAS BAD. I SAID THEY HAD UGLY BOOBS. I NEVER SAID THE SHOW WAS BAD.

Dude, yesterday I had a long conversation with Teto about how I don't like DP, but he likes it, and I was okay with that because why wouldnt I be? And we came to a pretty basic agreement with what we think DP is. so like, really, shut the puppy up. You look stupid.

daftpunk_zps66722692.png

this was just the end of our conversation. And It was a civil one without him or me talking shit about each other. 

Saha, just because you are smart and write long posts doesn't mean you are 100% right about everything, especially people's motivations. I'll repeat, puppy off.

Honestly, regardless of whoever is right or wrong you seem to "look stupid" just based on how aggressive you are being and all the fuck offs you're dishing out.

Padraig! likes this

Posted

Hey, if youre gonna call me hostile, i might as well act like it.

1- all this "you literally listened to 3 songs" came from saha. I never told you how many songs I listened to so stop saying I literally listened to 3.

2- I didn't come in here to get wrapped up in a discussion about a group I dont even like. I came in here because of all the hype about the new album. I listened to some of the new album. I didn't like wut i heard. It's so boring, like the rest of their music. I posted my opinion and was hoping that would be the end of it. 

I mean, its a puppying forum. If I cant post my opinion here, where can i post it? It's not like it was "If you like DP then you suck and have bad taste in music."

It was "I dont like this album and I dont think its worth taking up space on my hard drive"

Everyone needs to chill the puppy out. You are all acting like music elitist just because I dont like daft punk. I mean, really. I'm so done here. gosh.

Posted

I don't think anyone called you hostile until after you were already hostile. So it's not a matter of "I might as well act like it" if you already were.

We stated our opinion that we thought you were wrong based on what you stated, and then you became hostile. So if you want us to respect your opinion respect ours as well without going ape shit.

So it's you that needs to chill the fuck out.

Posted

Hey, if youre gonna call me hostile, i might as well act like it.

1- all this "you literally listened to 3 songs" came from saha. I never told you how many songs I listened to so stop saying I literally listened to 3.

2- I didn't come in here to get wrapped up in a discussion about a group I dont even like. I came in here because of all the hype about the new album. I listened to some of the new album. I didn't like wut i heard. It's so boring, like the rest of their music. I posted my opinion and was hoping that would be the end of it. 

I mean, its a puppying forum. If I cant post my opinion here, where can i post it? It's not like it was "If you like DP then you suck and have bad taste in music."

It was "I dont like this album and I dont think its worth taking up space on my hard drive"

Everyone needs to chill the puppy out. You are all acting like music elitist just because I dont like daft punk. I mean, really. I'm so done here. gosh.

In your first post, you said you were listening to Giorgio. The third track.

Nobody is forcing you to stay. We're criticising your lack of an argument, just an unfleshed out 'they haven't changed since 1999' which is just straight up bullshit. It's ok that you don't like it, but you can't get all mad when we call out your lack of reasoning. Also, how are we being elitists?

Could you imagine if I went into the middle of the mlp thread for example, and started posting 'wow ok WOW Im into episode 2 and this shit is awful not even worth the time I wasted' and then called anyone who rebutted me as being a cartoon elitist?

The line 'everyone needs to chill the puppy out' made me laugh tho. You're the only one lashing out and swearing.

If you don't like this album, or anything else dp have released, why eve bother coming into the thread?

Michael likes this

Posted

It's more the attitude of self-importance in the way you criticized it that people likely found a problem with. Stating your opinion in that way is bound to rouse a bit of frustration with other people, and to be honest you should have seen that coming, and so you can't really be surprised that people tried to ask you about it. You're acting as if they should have just ignored what you said and walked on by, but you're clever enough to know people aren't like that.

Heck, if someone walked by you and criticised something or someone you like in an offhanded way, talking in a manner that suggested an informed opinion, surely you'd have something to say to them, or at least questions to ask. It's pretty much human nature, and you should be aware of how people will react. 

A drastic comparison, and I'm in no way comparing you to them, but this is sort of what homophobia is like. They will criticise the gay community with something like "It's unnatural" and people will make argument, because they don't believe that the person is right. If the person says "I'm not willing to discuss this, now leave me in peace!", then everyone will conclude that this person was wrong, and is simply prejudiced, and that any of the reasons they give are just weak excuses they use to give reason for their feelings. Truth is though, they just feel that way, and they're desperately trying to find something to explain their prejudice

For you, there's some indescribable feeling in you that makes you just cringe away from the sight of people talking excitedly about Daft Punk. You can't understand the feeling, and so you want to vent your frustration to the fans. You come up with reasons that aren't really your reasons, and use those. You're essentially just blowing off steam, because you're confused about how you feel, and when people ask you to explain yourself it upsets you further, and you start to wish you hadn't done this in the first place, and so you're insulting people and trying to get them to stop.

This is how I see it. You simply just don't like Daft Punk, and because of their fame you feel the need to have a solid reason. You feel like you've found something that might pass as one, and you feel like venting about it to the people who like them, and then you see how easily the logic falls through, so you backpedal. You face that you don't have a reason, and then there you are, with people against you, and you're still caught in the miserable sickening feeling of not understanding your prejudices against things. The people against you are only giving you more grief, and so you take the frustration out on them, which only makes things worse.

About right?

Padraig! likes this

Posted (edited)

It's a forum and Phanta is discussing his impressions of the album. He's not listening to it the wrong way, he doesn't need to "give it a chance" nor does he need to "really listen" to it. His every impression of the album is valid. I don't think he has to support or back up his opinion. You can write off his opinion (In your head and without typing about it) and then get back to discussion. Everything he's said has been valid, but the last part about the "one trick pony" probably seemed needless provocative. But there have been worse insults needlessly thrown around about other recording artists in this thread, so I really don't see why people are pretending like they're about open mindedness or respect in this thread.

The thread is dripping with hate for Skrillex and Deadmau5, who are two of the biggest dance music artists now. Are you really going to tell me that you legitimately dislike them as people? Or that you have actual justification for your intense dislike of them? It's the same thing as Skyler disliking Daft Punk because of their popularity. Doesn't make it right, but you guys are doing the same shit. You guys are criticizing Skyler for spitefully making negative statements about a really popular band in their own thread. Someone even asked "why even bother coming to the thread?". So Daft Punk criticisms are not welcome in a Daft Punk thread, but Skrillex, Tiesto, Deadmau5 criticisms? "Yeah those guys suck!!!"

Even if you think he has an uninformed opinion, why try to tell him that? Even if you feel that he's just trying to disagree for the sake of disagreeing? Is the strategy to deal with that to argue? It's even more embarrassing.

Edited by ∟ ∟ (see edit history)

Posted

I think Phanta's entitled to his opinion and maybe he wasn't approaching it in the most "logical," "well-thought out" "critical" way compared to the other folks in here, but he doesn't like it and his reasons are valid as anyone else's. I think sometimes people forget that there's no such thing as a correct opinion, and that a reasoning behind an opinion is also subjective. So, you may try to debate over how his opinion is less valid than yours and not as valuable, but that's just it - you can't really change how he feels about the album. Maybe being a little less abrasive in word usage from both sides could have avoided people feeling defensive - I mean really, telling people to fuck off because of music? Just accept that people will think what they think, and you can't really belittle their opinion just because it doesn't agree with you in its stance or reasoning.

Cascade likes this

Posted

Heck, if someone walked by you and criticised something or someone you like in an offhanded way, talking in a manner that suggested an informed opinion, surely you'd have something to say to them, or at least questions to ask. It's pretty much human nature, and you should be aware of how people will react. 

thats this entire forum for me almost constantly. 

example: see the FEZ thread.

EDIT- thank you, LL and Cirt.

Posted

No one said Phanta isn't right to say he didn't like it, we just want more information was to why and why he thought they were a one trick pony, which is why we all stated what we thought about RAM compared to previous albums.

I'm hoping we can change the subject as I wish not to have to reiterate again what we were asking like we did a few times.

Posted

Im not mad that i was asked to elaborate. I'm mad that Saha assumed I came here to start trouble. But to be fair, he does that a lot. assuming i mean.

Posted

So I listened to the album and I enjoyed it a lot, I found Doin' it Right probably my favourite track on it atm. 

Posted

It's a forum and Phanta is discussing his impressions of the album. He's not listening to it the wrong way, he doesn't need to "give it a chance" nor does he need to "really listen" to it. His every impression of the album is valid. I don't think he has to support or back up his opinion. You can write off his opinion (In your head and without typing about it) and then get back to discussion. Everything he's said has been valid, but the last part about the "one trick pony" probably seemed needless provocative. But there have been worse insults needlessly thrown around about other recording artists in this thread, so I really don't see why people are pretending like they're about open mindedness or respect in this thread.

The thread is dripping with hate for Skrillex and Deadmau5, who are two of the biggest dance music artists now. Are you really going to tell me that you legitimately dislike them as people? Or that you have actual justification for your intense dislike of them? It's the same thing as Skyler disliking Daft Punk because of their popularity. Doesn't make it right, but you guys are doing the same shit. You guys are criticizing Skyler for spitefully making negative statements about a really popular band in their own thread. Someone even asked "why even bother coming to the thread?". So Daft Punk criticisms are not welcome in a Daft Punk thread, but Skrillex, Tiesto, Deadmau5 criticisms? "Yeah those guys suck!!!"

Even if you think he has an uninformed opinion, why try to tell him that? Even if you feel that he's just trying to disagree for the sake of disagreeing? Is the strategy to deal with that to argue? It's even more embarrassing.

The skilled et al criticisms were actually within the context of daft punk reinventing their image, and how that is rare in dance music. Stop taking discussion out of context to make it look like we were circle jerking it.