Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ridiculous Ideas for Forum Games: The Megathread

13 posts in this topic

Posted

[21:13:36] Teto: I think there should be a discussion forum where people have to sign up for discussions and it can be a brutal battlefield where people are voted out each round for being poor debaters
[21:14:03] Sayuri Fujimoto: This sounds like Hnet Drama time turned into a regulated game
[21:14:17] Teto: this would be the ideal game

I was also thinking of holding a Werewolf game where everybody was playing, whether they signed up or not. The game would be happening everywhere all of the time. Wolves would strike at random and kill any player they want. The player would be IP banned from the forum forever. The ultimate werewolf game.
Sayubie likes this

Posted

I could actually think of a way that the whole forum-wide werewolf game would work.

Maybe.

Give me some time.

Posted

I've been thinking of how to implement a forum-version of the Ambidex Game in 999: VLR, the game I've been playing lately. Dunno how you'd work around the puzzle rooms though. But it would be awesome to see how that played out here. I'd betray everyone. :L

Posted

I mean you wouldn't necessarily have to even include the puzzles. You could just let people pick a room and then based on that you say "you solved this room!" and then give them some special info or items pertaining to the room. Or you could make it like a riddle or something, I suppose. Just the Ambidex Game itself could be fun though.

Posted

I've been thinking of how to implement a forum-version of the Ambidex Game in 999: VLR, the game I've been playing lately. Dunno how you'd work around the puzzle rooms though. But it would be awesome to see how that played out here. I'd betray everyone. :L

note to self: never ally with cascade.

and the puzzle rooms could be replaced with puzzles? like the kind that could be drawn out, or word puzzles, or riddles, things like that.

Posted

Sudoku. You can sudoku rooms.

Teto and Chimetals like this

Posted

I DO HAVE A HANDY HUGE BOOK OF SUDOKU PUZZLES SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO ME 

I just trying to think off how I could spruce up the action a bit. Like maybe allocating who in a pair gets to choose the Ally/Betray option in the Ambidex Game depending on their performance in the puzzles, or if they got certain items. Oh man maybe I could make items for each room that you would have to search and find out in the room, and they gave you cool benefits, like making your opponent's vote default to ally without their knowledge. or weapons to kill players of your choosing with. 

AND MAYBE there could be conditions each character would have to fulfill before they could open the Number 9 Door, like find this thing in this specific room. And teams would have to unanimously agree to a room to go through in the later Chromatic Doors sections. guys. guys I have so many ideas i'm going to be up all night writing this game holy SHIT. I WILL. MAKE THIS A THING.

emsomniac likes this

Posted

Sudoku. You can sudoku rooms.

and then someone gets stuck in a room for a week.

I DO HAVE A HANDY HUGE BOOK OF SUDOKU PUZZLES SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO ME 

I just trying to think off how I could spruce up the action a bit. Like maybe allocating who in a pair gets to choose the Ally/Betray option in the Ambidex Game depending on their performance in the puzzles, or if they got certain items. Oh man maybe I could make items for each room that you would have to search and find out in the room, and they gave you cool benefits, like making your opponent's vote default to ally without their knowledge. or weapons to kill players of your choosing with. 

AND MAYBE there could be conditions each character would have to fulfill before they could open the Number 9 Door, like find this thing in this specific room. And teams would have to unanimously agree to a room to go through in the later Chromatic Doors sections. guys. guys I have so many ideas i'm going to be up all night writing this game holy SHIT. I WILL. MAKE THIS A THING.

ill work on some ideas too, so if one of us gets stuck or doesnt think of something, we can figure it out, somehow. though i know that there needs to be a way to disable your partner/beat them to the ally/betray button (actually, that would just be responding to the PM first, i guess) and also be able to lock people out of their rooms by, idk, tying them to a chair or clubbing them over the head or something. i have no goddamn idea how to handle chromatic doors, etc, honestly. :| im so creative here.

Posted

What if we got really meta, with like, an "easter egg" hunt or something, where the GM gives clues and the players have to find the thing around the forum. This could be like, a phrase inserted into a post, a word, a picture somewhere, maybe things edited into old posts, idk. And then they could PM the GM and the person who PM's them first with the answer gets points or something. 

Posted

A thread that is entirely sarcastic or ironic

Posted

How about game for thinking up games?

Posted

How about a game for thinking up threads?

Posted

How about game for thinking up games?

best game wins the game. but how do you determine the best game? better come up with some new rules. shit, you just made another game. oh well.