Followers 0

What makes you truly happy?

22 posts in this topic

Posted

What makes you truly happy?

Posted

Magic!

Posted

Art! I have a love/hate relationship with it.

Friendship can be cool sometimes too

Posted

To see someone else legitimately happy.

Posted

That feeling of being totally completely 'in the zone' when I'm doing something (usually coding), where everything else just kinda fades away and it all seems so easy and the ideas just flow off your fingertips. Being in flow state really is absolute bliss, and it usually only happens to me really late at night when there are no distractions and my mind can't focus on anything else. I'll start writing something and suddenly it will be 5 hours later and there will be 1000 lines of code in front of me (and I've probably listened to the same song about 2-300 times).This reminds me that I haven't really done this at all recently :/

Also, cuddles make me pretty happy too :3

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

Certain dreams which are promptly followed by despair upon waking.

Knuckle likes this

Posted

I love the feeling of being physically exhausted from exercise. I do a lot of distance length exercising - like running some miles, swimming a few thousand yards, or being on my bike for a while. Oftentimes I will get into a rhythm that emso described above and when I'm there, I don't really do much but think about things and keep moving. It isn't easy to get it every time I go out for a run or a swim, but when I do hit it, it's really a wonderful feeling. Any physical pain just fades away - my knees won't hurt, or my shoulders will stop straining, and my breathing evens. It's relaxing and almost a meditative state - I feel pulled away from my surroundings. I'm able to react to them of course, like crossing a street or doing a flipturn, but nothing much else matters than maintaining that beat. Before I know it, I'm covered in a cold sweat, my heart rate will suddenly spike and I'm struggling all over again. That's when I have to fight for it - I have to force myself to push through the next ten minutes or 400 yards or whatever I'm doing. And it hurts, a lot. I might look like an idiot gasping for air, almost doubled over with three cramps stabbing into me but it's mind over matter at this point. Eventually, it's time to stop. I'll drag myself around my house, feel my body ache and burn and be generally angry with what I've done to it, but I feel strong and capable and accomplished. And it's not just that - my entire mood lifts when I've finished a successful workout. Chemically, I know it's the endorphins, but I'm glad I have my body trained to feel that because it is truly rewarding and it can be addictive. It's a wonderful thing.

Posted

I get a lot of satisfaction from helping other people accomplish things. I know thats kind of general but theres a certain point where people start to depend on you and when you pull through and they suceed as a consequence then there are few better feelings in the world for me. I guess it also helps that im a pretty patient person, i can usually convince people to keep working on things long after they feel like giving up.

Back in highschool, during study halls, i remember spending a lot of time helping a friend with her work in biology.

Generally i hated doing anything that resembled work during study halls, i was always inventing new ways to waste time with my friends. My greatest contribution was organizing connect four royale games, where 5 or 6 of us would all sit around a piece of grid paper and all play connect four on the same massive game board, where everybody was a different symbol, and we were simultaneosuly playing against everyone else. Games generally got pretty rowdy and would inevtably get banned after a few weeks.

I also operated as a bookie during study halls and would come up with things to bet on. For example i would set an over/under for the number of times that the study hall proctor would tell everyone to be quiet, or the number of names they would mispronounce during attendance, and we would all take a side would try to sway the odds in our favor by any means necessary.

The point is that i never did any work, but when it came to helping other people with their work i always felt way more engaged and i would stop doing stupid shit and help people out. Was always way more rewarding than doing my own work.

Sahaqiel, pheonix561 and Chase like this

Posted

I get a lot of satisfaction from helping other people accomplish things.

Posted

I'm gonna have to say friendship. Not sure if I could ever be truly happy if I didn't have friends.

Posted

I think to be really happy, I have to already accept that I won't be able to do the thing that I want to do, but then it somehow works out in my favor. Like, good luck or something on a bad day. Or waking up for school and it turns out to be a snow day. It just gives nice things context.

Posted

Art! I have a love/hate relationship with it.

Friendship can be cool sometimes too

Posted

you could almost say friendship is...

magic B)

Posted

listening to intense as shit music and getting a rushing adrenaline fueled urge to break shit.

that's what makes me happy

pheonix561 likes this