Favorite character that really doesnt matter

14 posts in this topic

Posted

For the sake of trying to liven up this board a bit, who is your favorite LoZ NPC? And not just any NPC, but one that doesn't effect the story at all. One that could be left out and nobody would miss them. They can be characters that provide flavor text, pointless shop keepers or even trivial mini game hosts, but remember, these people dont matter at all!

My favorite character of this category is probably David Jr of The Wind Waker and Minish Cap, but since i havent played the later, i'll just talk about his role in WW.

OH WAIT, THERE ISNT ONE. He literally just sits there and spins the Tingle Tower along with his companion (co-worker?) Ankle. He's one of the Tingle Brothers, except get this, he isnt related to Tingle or the other two. 

minitendo_david_1.jpg

Also, according to his figurine description, he is 17, a treasure hunter, and was born on Windfall island.

Also i want this in my room:

Davidjr.JPG

Posted (edited)

A character who doesn't matter to the story? I choose every single character in Twilight Princess.

But really, though. I liked the Akoot and Skett guys. Mostly because I didn't understand why they were named. I kept waiting for them to do something or have some role but they never did anything. I just remember their names because they're cute.

minitendo_skett_1.jpg

Edited by ∟ ∟ (see edit history)

Posted

I'd havta agree. That one group of adventurers almost made an impact on the story, but that is a huge almost. But they aren't my favorite.

Posted

im going to have to sit and think on this one, i just know theres someone like this, but its been so long since i played a lot of these games.

obviously i have to play all of them again.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Who was the fat bartender lady from twilight princess? And then there was also an archery guy who stood outside the clawshot thing that women swooned over in the TP castle town. That guy was funny.

Posted (edited)

Salvatore from Wind Waker. Y'know, the guy who runs the battleship-style minigame.

SPLOOSH

Edited by DR SHRUBBERY! (see edit history)
Teto, Arachne and pheonix561 like this

Posted (edited)

This guy:

376px-Hero%27s_Shade.png

I used to think he was the original hero of time from OoT, but that was just a theory that not everyone agreed with. However, Zelda wiki's page on him, which used to just say stuff about him in the game and then suggest in the trivia part of the page that he might be link from OoT, now says that he is link. It says in the beginning of his page:

He is the Hero of Time from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, filled with regrets from being unable to pass on the "lessons of his life to those who came after him" after he was sent back in time to his childhood. He also lamented that fact that he was not remembered as a hero. In order to ease his regrets and finally pass on his knowledge, he teaches the seven Hidden Skills to his descendant, the Link of Twilight Princess.

However, that's written a lot less like it's fact and a lot more like it's somebody's fanfiction who was editing the page. I think this character was meant more to be up for interpretation, whether he was the hero of time or not. One of those things that never gets confirmed and everyone argues endlessly about. Except this zelda we're talking about, so that only happens until Miyamoto decides to confirm it or not in a later title that retcons everything once again.

Frankly, I'm just trying to comprehend why this page changed from the years ago that I accessed it to read that information, to today, when everything is different. Was it confirmed in that book of hylian lore that was published a few months ago or something? Or was it revealed in a developer interview that he was, in fact, Link? I would probably know if I bothered to look into it but I simply cannot be bothered to look into it so. But apparently the first song the golden wolf howls to you is the song of healing, which is a song in majora's mask? So that's something.

Frankly I like his concept art a lot, it's very well drawn.

406px-Hero%27sSpiritConceptArt.png

Edited by pheonix561 (see edit history)

Posted

Gotta agree with Salvatore. The splooshs and kabooms made failing at and having to repeat those minigames over. and over so much more bearable, and memorable. Tingle in every game he appears in is always adorable and hilarious to me. 

Other than them, hmmm. Trying not to go with the obvious picks in NPCs. Maple the witch from the Oracle games I guess! I always enjoy running into her and trying to steal all her shit. And she's cute when she starts riding that hoover instead of a broom? idk. She's a QT. But also a dickbag when she refuses to drop that heart piece. :| ugh

I also really like the Treasure Chest Shop Owner in Majora's Mask. Dis gurl:

OoT_BombchuBowlingAlleyWorker.png

idk, all her reactions to you depending on what mask you wear is always funny to see. And having the prices and prizes changed depending on what form you are. It was a neat addition to a very minor character I thought. A lot of the NPCs reactions to all the masks in general are cute and make them my favourite NPCs. But she's one of the more memorable imo. 

Posted

this mothapuppya

beedle.png

his theme was tha bomb

Posted

Yeah, I love Salvatore's SPLIIISH. Played that game more for that alone.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Salvatore from Wind Waker and the Treasure Chest Shop owner in Majora's Mask, for reasons already stated.

Also, the lady who runs the fishing hole place in Twilight Princess. For some reason I find her utterly adorable. Like a kitty.

Posted

The big guys who run around Kakariko Village in OoT. Mostly because how they run is amusing to no end.

Posted

But apparently the first song the golden wolf howls to you is the song of healing, which is a song in majora's mask? So that's something.

umyes. its used to get several masks, if i remember right, so its kainda a thing you liked and needed.

idk, all her reactions to you depending on what mask you wear is always funny to see. And having the prices and prizes changed depending on what form you are. It was a neat addition to a very minor character I thought. A lot of the NPCs reactions to all the masks in general are cute and make them my favourite NPCs. But she's one of the more memorable imo. 

gawd, reminds me of the mask sales quests in OoT. at the very end, when you get the last mask, and he basically told you you would be traumatized by humanity and soforth. i mean, a ten year old kid just got handed a really powerful mask that may or may not horribly warp him, simply because he did good in sales? it just kainda disturbed me. but the reactions for all the masks were fun, too :>

Posted

SS: I really liked the Goron bro in Skyward Sword. I mean, he was just a genuinely nice and curious dude. I think his name was Gorko? 

MM: I think my favorite was the Deku Princess or the Deku Butler. The princess was sassy, and the Deku Butler story with his was like, oh man. They didn't have to add that but ;n; Also the moon children? Creepy as hell? yeah?

OoT: the scientist in this game was funny, though creepy. he sticks out in my mind. also biggoron and medigoron.

TP: maybe like the goat herding dude idk. the kids were weird. maybe like the knights at the bar? they were okay