Blogs

11 posts in this topic

Posted

If you haven't noticed I updated the forums and at the same time installed a blogs feature.

This thread will be here for you to ask questions or whatever in regards to the blog system.

Why was it added?

I had bought it a long time ago for something else, but I'm no longer going with that. I installed it here so if some of you find a use for it cool but if it doesn't get used then ok. 

Doesn't it defeat the purpose of the forums?

No, forums and blogs are different in regards of features and functionality.

Blogs for example could be good for something that you do constantly, Let's Play videos, Fan Fiction series, etc. Instead of just updating a single thread or posting multiple threads you can just update your blog, which can be customized to however you want.

You can also import an RSS feed to the blog or just have your blog go to your own hosted elsewhere. You can also customize blogs a little bit to your liking.

Posted

Wut you are saying is rather then posting on the forum and generating forum conversations, we can just post stuff on our own personal blogs that most people, especially new users, wont remember or care to check?

Posted

Wut you are saying is rather then posting on the forum and generating forum conversations, we can just post stuff on our own personal blogs that most people, especially new users, wont remember or care to check?

If that's what you think then don't use the blogs? There are cases where a blog would be better than a forum topic.

Posted

can you give some examples? A let's play thread or an art thread would invite much more activity and conversation than a blog. And isn't drumming up new activity the who goal of making the forum better?

Posted

can you give some examples? A let's play thread or an art thread would invite much more activity and conversation than a blog. And isn't drumming up new activity the who goal of making the forum better?

Nabe's LP thread: http://www.hyrule.net/forum/topic/18236-nabes-game-playin-lp-thread/

Instead of hiding all of his updates within a single topic he could do a blog entry for each episode which would have better targeted discussion, it would be easier to find them instead of having to go page by page to find all the little posts for it.

The blogs are a part of the forum so it compliments and benefits it.

Posted

I guess i should wait to see how they work. But I hope there is some indicator of new posts, like there is for new threads. So we can see the blog topics and when they are updated, without going into everyone's blog every day to see first hand.

Posted

I guess i should wait to see how they work. But I hope there is some indicator of new posts, like there is for new threads. So we can see the blog topics and when they are updated, without going into everyone's blog every day to see first hand.

There is one but until someone posts a blog entry it won't show.

You can subscribe to blogs you like, much like you can to topics. This has been around for a while now and I feel as if it is extremely underused, where I think a lot of people may benefit from it...

Posted

Yeah i figure i'll give it a chance before i judge it too harshly. It sounds like an awful idea but hey, i've been wrong in the past. :>

Posted

I know that i will definitely try out the functionality of thw bligs. Sometimes i feel like i do have stuff to share but not enough for a topic. Thanks tappy :)

edit: *the blogs, I was on MY COOL 3DS and yeah whatever stylus typing sux

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

yeah, like, all those threads that pop up and die after five pages? thats blog material right there, imo.

im currently projecting and homeworking and tryingnottofail-ing so im probably not going to be as active as usual for a while, but im down with this.

oriflameacadahogar likes this