Literature Superthread

84 posts in this topic

Posted

Whose run of Justice League?

Johns/Lee

Posted

Ah, the new run. Cool. Come October you should get The Curse of Shazam Trade. Its been the back up in Justice leage, issue #0 was a complete Shazam story, and #21 will also be.

Posted

I have been trying to get #0 but I am hesitant to buy to buy online because I was afraid it'd just be a penciled version due to a misleading cover. I may be confused.

I don't know too much about Shazam except that he is a huge dick whenever I've seen him an any media. I like the concept of him, though.

Posted

Interested in reading Hulk comics, anyone have any reccomendations? 

Also, Iron Man ones.

Nothing ridiculously stupid, please.

Posted

I think Planet Hulk is cool, but I have not read it.

If I was going to randomly read a Marvel comic, it would be Hulk

Posted

Yeah, Hulk interests me far more than a lot of the other really powerful heroes.

Posted

Yeah, Hulk interests me far more than a lot of the other really powerful heroes.

The current comic, indestructible hulk is pretty fun. Only like 5 or 6 issues out so far, so its not too late to jump on, really.

Posted

HYPERION

HYPERIOOOOOOOOOON

READ IT RIGHT NOW

So in Hyperion, I just finished the Soldier's tale. I was going to ask how you thought the time tombs could travel backwards in time buy over the course of writing this post I came to understand the concept somehow. This book is really interesting

Posted (edited)

It really is, yeah. I think I'm one or two stories ahead of that, I can't perfectly remember. All I know is I had to put it down for school, but I'm going to pick it up again in a few weeks when finals are over. But what did you think of the story of the priest?

Edited by pheonix561 (see edit history)

Posted

It really is, yeah. I think I'm one or two stories ahead of that, I can't perfectly remember. All I know is I had to put it down for school, but I'm going to pick it up again in a few weeks when finals are over. But what did you think of the story of the priest?

I liked it. Pretty puppyed up. I'm glad Dure beat the cross in the end, but Hoyt has to live with the consequences.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

This is a nice read, The Wandering Earth. It's free on the Kindle store, and you can download a free Kindle reader for the PC as well.

For the convenience of most of you, I've given you the .com, not .co.uk.

It's quite short - I'm about 13% the way through in about 20 minutes, and I read at a 'leisurely' pace. The way it's written, I can tell I'll come away thinking well of it, so I'll post it here in advance. After all, it is free.

Posted

so i bookmarked a book on amazon, when it was £6, to get it at the weekend

apparently the price went up

fHpk5dI.png

Posted

holy what the what

Posted

so i bookmarked a book on amazon, when it was £6, to get it at the weekend

apparently the price went up

fHpk5dI.png

You could save 7.50£

Posted

I bought this really cool out of print biography for $280 when I had a puppy ton of money. Worth it