Literature Superthread

84 posts in this topic

Posted

Just throwing this out there, I read "The three stigmata of Palmer Eldritch" by Philip K Dick last week. It was really great and now I want to read more of Dick's work.

Posted

Interesting because I finished The Man in the High Castle recently and wanted to recommend it to somebody.

Posted (edited)

bros, A few days ago I bought a used Nook Color from a pawn shop for $40. I think they were released in 2010 or 2011? So it's "obsolete". But it is so coooool. I always thought tablets were really, really stupid. They still are. But this Nook thing is dope. $40! And it does stuff and has expandable storage. I've been reading shit and I may watch some shows on it from the SD card. Audiobook app and manga app are gonna be dope also. 

I like the size of it. I wanna read textbooks and comics on it as soon as I can. 

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)

Posted

I have an old nook too. Not color, so its not got all the utility of the nook color, but it does have a lot of storage space. But the battery is puppyed so I need to get BArnes and noble to look at it.

On another note, I'd really like to read Water Margin. One of the 4 classics of Chinese literature, and its got some characters I like from other mediums. Its also really long. Like 2 song of ice and fire novel's length.

Posted

my grandma has one of those lol. She doesn't fully understand how to use it, as evidenced by her having 37 tabs open in the internet browser

Posted

Redshirts_John_Scalzi1.png

This is a very hilarious send up of a classic science fiction trope.

Posted

Great book. Will Wheaton read the audiobook

Otis McNutt likes this

Posted

Great book. Will Wheaton read the audiobook

Yeah I know I have the Hardcover, eBook and Audio book (on my Kindle so I can read along). John Scalzi signed my hardcover at a signing.