Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Boston Marathon Bombing

78 posts in this topic

Posted

Earlier today (less than two hours, I believe) a marathon in Boston was bombed multiple times near the finish line. There's a stream/timeline of basic information here.

Two were pronounced dead by police, with dozens more injured.

There are a lot of news sources covering this story; here's a more text-based one: USA Today

Ugh.

Posted

This is terrible. I've seen one source already blame the koreans?!

Posted

That one woman in the pink shirt, like "Don't care, finished marathon"

Posted

I heard there were more bombs that didnt go off. Hope they kept their receipt!

Posted

FYI: brodongo, a member here, was actually at the race cheering some people on since he lives in the Boston area. He was less than a mile away from the explosions. He's okay though.

Treemotan, Ammonsa and pheonix561 like this

Posted

An?

Posted

FYI: brodongo, a member here, was actually at the race cheering some people on since he lives in the Boston area. He was less than a mile away from the explosions. He's okay though.

good to know. i got worried halfway through that sentence D:

saw some of the news at earthys place, one of the more striking parts was "there are going to be a lot of rumors in these first 24 hours". always a good thing to keep in mind.

Posted

This might have just been a rumor, but I read somewhere that the marathon was being held in honor of the victims of the newtown massacre. One of the exploded bombs went off in the VIP section, where families of the survivors were sitting. I can't help but think there's going to be some fun new conspiracy theories surrounding that.

Any news today on what happened? Brodongo, if you see this thread today, can you give us a rundown of what happened from your perspective?

Posted

I keep reading this as Boston Market

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

I keep reading this as Boston Market

youre not alone in that

Posted

If you want to not get angry, I'd suggest not bothering looking at any commenting section of an article even tenuously linked to this. It's just awful circle-jerking people blaming either "the muslims" or North Korea and really I don't think it's worth making wild accusations about who did it.

If there were more bombs that didn't go off as Phanta said, then I'm really glad that is the case. It's terrible as it is, but I'm glad that it isn't as terrible as it could have been. 

Posted

So I keep seeing Boston Marathon jokes from people in my school all over Google+.

I've made it my mission to find these people and give them a firm punch in the arm.

Posted

what kind of jokes :I