Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

No Nintendo Press Conference at E3 2013

10 posts in this topic

Posted

eegLKj0.png

Nintendo will not hold a major press conference at E3 2013. The news comes via a financial results briefing held today in which Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said he "would like to use this opportunity to talk about this year’s E3."

"We decided not to host a large-scale presentation targeted at everyone in the international audience where we announce new information as we did in the past," Iwata said. "Instead, at the E3 show this year, we are planning to host a few smaller events that are specifically focused on our software lineup for the U.S. market. There will be one closed event for American distributors, and we will hold another closed hands-on experience event, for mainly the Western gaming media."

Iwata explained the decision, pointing to recent Nintendo Direct presentations as an example of the company's new approach.

"In the past we invited reporters, investors and analysts, industry partners, such as software publishers, and distributors who attended E3 to our large-scale presentations," Iwata explained. "We also used them as a communication tool in which we broadcast our presentations on the Internet to reach out to video game fans around the globe. I believe that many are expecting us to host a similar event this year. On the other hand, since we set out on new endeavors such as Nintendo Direct two years ago in October, we have been paying special attention to the fact that different people demand different types of information from us."
______

The story is continued here [via]

Posted

If they're cutting the parts meant for investors and developers then I don't think we will notice a difference. I mean did we really ever see the parts that they're cutting?

Posted

They're cutting the part where they go out on stage and show games for an hour or two. That's how I and every news source I've checked has interpreted it.

Or maybe I'm being dumb and I misread this entirely?

Posted

I'm okay with that being cut. I mean its for the press anyway, right?

Posted

): I like watching them though. A lot of people with good taste in pastimes do.

Posted

Fine with this. I don`t need the spectacle anyway.

Posted

Well that totally sucks. Their presentation was always the one I looked forward to. :'C

They're still technically announcing new stuff though, right? It's just we'll have to read articles about it instead? :\

Posted

They'll just release Nintendo Direct videos. Which means everyone gets five times more Reggie, and five times more Mr. Iwata's Continuing Lessons in English.

Posted

Yeah, Nintendo Direct is still cool, but the presentations feel oddly cold with the absence of a crowd, and removed from all the hype of E3.

Posted

My body was not ready for this