Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sonic: What went wrong

185 posts in this topic

Posted

i bet he really likes party animals

Posted

And then everyone died from the enormity of knuckles pun. The end. But yeah, I'm mixed about the redesigns. I don't hate them or anything but they feel super weird. Like, there is really nothing left from the cartoony look of sonic. He's kinda just like a blue dude with a hedgehog head. I dunno, if the show/game are okay I guess I won't mind.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Actually I think party animal is the name of his fursona.

I doubt the game will be good though. It looks like it's taking design cues from sonic heroes and heroes sucked.

Posted

No, Heroes was mediocre, it didn't suck, it just could have been a lot better. Especially Team Chaotix's levels. This doesn't look anything like sonic heroes, besides the part where they are all running together. Their clearly aren't formations or anything. Like, Knuckle's is climbing across and overhang by himself at one point and there isn't anyone following him or hanging from his feet, so this can't be sonic heroes.

I looked this up on Wikipedia and this is what I got. "Will feature 2 player co-operative play and 4 player competitive play" So there you go, that explains the part where everyone is running together.

This is supposed to be a prequel to the upcoming TV series of the same name. Yeah I think knuckle's design looks awful but I do see what they are trying to do with giving people different builds. Also its being animated by the French. THE FRENCH. QUICK! SOMEONE EDIT BERETS AND BAGUETTES AND MUSTACHES OVER ALL THE CHARACTERS

Also did anyone else notice that when all the characters fell during the trailer (like 30 seconds in), Amy was the only one to land properly? Is she like the team Badass now? I suppose its a step up from annoying fangirl.

If I am lucky I get to use this to get my nephew into the Sonic games, like how we got into Sonic from one of the much older cartoons

I am more worried that the series will suck and then it will forever tarnish the awesome Sonic CD opening (which is the first sonic game we owned)

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Posted

Did everyone do a double-take when the Skrillex came on, to make sure you weren't watching a parody video?

Teto and PrimaGaga like this

Posted

This game is being done by western developers, so no I didn't

On even closer inspection, it seems that game development is being led by the guy who made Jak and Daxter, which probably explains the next thing I found which says

The Wii U game is built on CryEngine 3 and is centered on "combat and exploration".

So this won't be Sonic Generations (which should have been obvious), but if we are lucky it will still actually be a fun game since its being lead by someone who has actually made a good game like it

Posted

Sure, maybe it will be a good game. But it's beginning to sound like it's going to have the same problem starfox adventures did, where as a stand alone game it's lots of fun and a good play, but it's not the game we've all been waiting for. We've all been wanting another game centered around the gameplay in sonic and shadow's levels in SA2B, but if this is combat and exploration, it sounds like we won't be getting it. I'm already chalking this one up to another iteration of the sonic cycle, where we all get excited and then it comes out and we hate it.

Posted

It looks goofy as heck. I don't often laugh at things aloud, but I couldn't help it while watching the trailer. With Skrillex on as well, it just seemed like such a funny joke. It might make a good game, but for some reason every attempt at making Sonic relevant again just feels really lame, and I can't help being amused.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

While the quality of the game remains to be seen, I am sure the show will be fine, if anyone watched the trailer for it. It's the same sort of silly humor the 90's cartoon had (although I admittedly remember little of it)

Posted

Did everyone do a double-take when the Skrillex came on, to make sure you weren't watching a parody video?A

ACTUALLY thats exactly wut i thought.

also theres this to take into consideration:

tumblr_n0mc8mMzrk1s1b27fo1_1280.jpg

people actually do tape their shoes/ankles. Athletes mainly. Though Sonic and friends got lazy on their tape. 

Posted

I can't not think of this when there's a video game montage set to Bangarang.

Teto likes this

Posted

omg i love that instantly

Posted

Could be cool.

Posted

BEHOLD THE TWO SECRET ENDINGS TO SONIC AND SILVER'S STORIES IN SONIC 06