Transgender Info, Experiences, Art, Emotions, Metaphors, Anecdotes, etc. NEEDED PLS

28 posts in this topic

Posted

good luck bby <3

Posted (edited)

jsi0LiN.jpg

6TTBiEM.jpg

I am going to turn in both of these. I like the second one better design-wise. But that one may be more of a general transgender pride thing. I dunno. The first one has a rigid structure that makes me worried. And I fear that the transgender symbol thing may be too small. The first one isn't as fun to look at, but it captures the idea of the article more. The article was about how the school and society uses outdated information regarding transgender respect and acceptance. So the typewriter and old paper thing kind of goes in that direction.

I don't know which one they'll use. I am not like crazy proud of either of them, but I guess I don't have to be. These are due in just a few hours, so I was really stressing. I put together the second one in 15 minutes after I made the first one.

by the way, I made the thumbprint with this really cool synthetic print generator. It was like a legit program for fingerprints. And every font and the old paper texture was royalty free and free for commercial use, which I guess this is.

Edited by ∟ ∟ (see edit history)
Cascade, Sahaqiel and Ammonsa like this

Posted

well it's good that you came up with somn; I think they're pretty coolio.

I hope your school thinks so too!!0

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

I really like both of them! The first one is a pretty good visual of the whole idea of outdated perceptions of trans* people. And I really like the old-timey look of the picture as well. So I'd say it'd be a pretty good accompanient to the article, from what I know! Second one IS very nice to look at! I like how you incorporated both the symbol and the flag into it. Since it represents both groups: the trans*people in the gender binary, and those outwith it. So I guess I like that one a teeny bit more for that reason. It's a nice, generalized image that can go along with any article on trans* topics I guess? The thumbprints look really cool also! ramble ramble

No matter which one gets picked, I'd say both of them will fit perfectly with the article. I'm surprised that the second image took you only 15 minutes to do! Maybe because I'm not artistically inclined at all, but yeah. really awesome job you did imo :> I kind of wish I had actually offered some suggestions when you posted this earlier, but I couldn't think of anything  that was decent or wasn't OTT :< sorry

I totally want to read this article when it comes out now though... you should totally send it to me in some way if you can lol

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

I will do that. Thanks a lot for the input :) Most of the time spent was brainstorming (doing nothing). After the first, I was inspired and had the thumbprint idea already and that's why #2 was so quick.

And Ammonsa helped me not be accidentally offensive in #1

Posted

Wow, these are great!

(how were you almost accidentally offensive, i'm intrigued) 

Posted

I didn't know what to call a person's name. I didn't want to write "new name" or "alias". But making the distinction between "birth name" and "name" is better. It's as if the name takes precendence over the birth name.

Ammonsa likes this

Posted

If i were transgender I'd probably pick an empowering name, such as Storm (as in the X-Men character) or something. Not joking or trying to be offensive, but if i got to chose my name (transgendered or otherwise) i'd pick something cool and memorable. Though I can understand why others wouldn't.

Posted

Generally transgender people in my experience try and make their names as normal as possible, because they don't want to stand out. 

Posted

If i were transgender I'd probably pick an empowering name, such as Storm (as in the X-Men character) or something. Not joking or trying to be offensive, but if i got to chose my name (transgendered or otherwise) i'd pick something cool and memorable. Though I can understand why others wouldn't.

this is such an irrelevant point

you dont have to be transgendered to change your name, or change your name to be transgendered

Posted

Jeeze sorry just trying to make conversation.