Webcomics Thread

126 posts in this topic

Posted

So I'm going to go ahead and keep plugging cucumber quest until it sticks. It reads a lot like playing paper mario and the thousand year door, but with original characters, and as a comic, obviously. It's "for all ages" and all that. It's too much fun to not read.

IWa5Zmy.jpg

LHR3fox.jpg

JAd7Ixx.jpg
Gigidigi, who for some reason keeps her real name off the site, just started chapter 2:

2DheU2q.jpg

WHAT FATE WILL BEFALL OUR HEROES WHILE THEY LOOK AT A SINGIN" LADY

WHO KNOWS

hey but its got these things between chapters that are like "hey character whats your deal" that make me laugh

bK5ANd7.gif

See that Queen Cordellia business up there the whole "no dating material in my town" yeah man queen I'm feelin you there lady you're my spirit animal (except with ladies and not dudes)

Also: Just today the kickstarter to get the second book funded started, and it met it's goal in four hours because its a good comic that people like to read and want a copy of. Man bro I would buy the books that have been made so far myself if I had the extra spending money for that. OHHH WELLL.

Yeah read cucumber quest.

Cascade likes this

Posted

Legendaries.jpg

Posted

Can't forget Thunderpaw!!

5.gif

Posted

This is one of my favorite webcomics ever, The Ten Doctors by Rich Morris

18.jpg

DR SHRUBBERY! likes this

Posted

Best webcomic is Oglaf tho.

gorek.jpg

branding.jpg

NSFW

naiads1.jpg

naiads2.jpg

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Iiiii am gonna go ahead and second reading Cucumber Quest. My favourite. It should be obvious why. <3 

Posted

Yeah, when I saw the blue haired girl I just thought "Cascade avatar potential".

Knuckle and pheonix561 like this

Posted

Cascade has used characters from Cucumber Quest as an avatar at least once before. Pretty sure more than that though.

Posted

Or maybe coincidentally used fanart by the same person?

Posted

no her tumblr avatar is that bat queen lady as of right now

not that I would disapprove of more Cucumber Quest avatars ;)

Posted

Or maybe coincidentally used fanart by the same person?

no like, I wasn't guessing. Cascade HAS used those characters before. At least one of them was from the actual comic. I'm like 88% sure she has been reading Cucumber Quest long before this thread.

Posted

lol. yeah I have already used Cucumber Quest characters as avatars in the past. Princess Parfait and Cordelia, specifically! In fact Cordelia's actually my current Tumblr icon. The more you know...

but really everyone go read Cucumber Quest immediately. LOVE IT WITH MEEE

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

I give you the unparalleled genius that is "Another Video Game Webcomic"

180.jpg

Posted (edited)

Okay so there's Prequel: The Webcomic(Aka Making a Cat Cry: The Webcomic), which is a webcomic set in the Elderscrolls universe in Tamriel before the events of oblivion. It originated on the mspaforums, and got big enough that it branched out onto it's own website. Now I know some of you might hear that and think "golly what a dumb thing to recommend on those parameters." I mean yeah, homestuck definitely got way the hell away from itself and where it was a few years ago and is just generally not really that good anymore, but prequel really isn't that bad?

I mean yeah it definitely reads like its written by someone who has a lot of trouble dealing with her depression, but that's not really a bad thing? And it's pretty light hearted and funny. And it reminds me of Problem Sleuth/early Homestuck. So if you like those things as much as I do, you might like Prequel.

She also gets better at drawing as she goes, if you're about that.

Here's some spoilery but not really spoilery excerpts

AtuyFNv.gif

Hold that thought. You suddenly notice the unfamiliar, hooded man standing nearby.

You tell Tavia you’ll get back to her in a minute. You’ve got a friend to make.

>Katia: Talk to the hooded man in the store, he looks like he may be in need of Katia Managen’s assistance.

Yeah, the way he’s poring over that shopping list definitely signifies he’s looking for something. You approach the man accordingly.

Uvl1YtJ.gif

WHY HELLO there, sir!

You look like a fellow who is in need of something! Something perhaps easily attainable, that I could help you with?

nn7H9Uc.gif

N41qkaG.gif

The man kindly informs you that – as a brighter individual might infer from his priest robe – he’s not in the market for an exotic prostitute. So, bye.

j3Lslpy.gif

It's a funny comic and I enjoy it so you should read it

Edited by pheonix561 (see edit history)

Posted

Tauhid Bondia started a new comic recently!

If you didn't know, Tauhid is a guy who was bffs with hussie and the two of them collaborated on various projects until MSPA took off. Tauhid had a hand in And it Don't Stop, and I think a few other things, and has drawn a few covers of homestuck albums or something. He's a pretty cool guy. I like him. And if this thread was made a few years ago, I'd make a big long post about his exciting ongoing choose your own adventure comic epicsplosion, following the adventures of Tripp Roguestar through space while he does stuff. Sadly, that project apparently fell through completely. I liked tripp roguestar, man. That guy was cool.

9jOFFbz.jpg

No, Tripp is dead. But Tauhid is back! And that's great!

Except, the comic is about zombie survival. I'm really jaded about that fact. Wow, another bit of comedy fiction about zombie survival. Shocking.

F4ydEgU.jpg

I definitely like the way he draws though, and I know he's a funny guy, so this is still probably worth following, despite being another damn thing about zombies.