Webcomics Thread

126 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, for one thing I know he's the one that started "Project Wonderful," which is that ad revenue thing you see on every webcomic website you've ever been to. Webcomic artists get paid a monthly revenue for people visiting their site thanks to that.

Posted (edited)

Well, for one thing I know he's the one that started "Project Wonderful,"

I like this guy.

Edited by Silver Moon (see edit history)
pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Actually, he also once started what was probably my favorite internet campaign of all time, even though it failed: "Wikipedia: Every Topic In The Universe Except Chickens.com" The idea was to get all of the vandalism that occurs on wikipedia redirected to the article on chickens. This way, literally every article on wikipedia would be 100% accurate except for the one single topic we already know everything there is to know about; nature's tastiest birds. The page goes on to suggest wikipedia henceforth refers to it as "the forbidden topic."

rhmY96P.png

The fictional version of jimbo wales fully supports this idea. Ryan North is one of my favorite people and someone I definitely want to meet one day.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Wut if you meet him and he's a jerk?

Knuckle likes this

Posted

I'll cry tears of disillusionment

Posted

Seriously, Unsounded is currently one of my favorite comics. It's definitely a contender for one of my favorites of all time in fact. It's ridiculously well drawn and the story is captivating and the world is interesting and if I had the money I'd buy the published volumes and send them to all of you. Fucking read it.

LMwAm7C.jpg

ignjFOR.jpg

Posted

Hey you. Why aren't you reading Gunnerkrigg Court?

Its really pretty.

00000831.jpg

It has magic.

00001257.jpg

And it also has this.

00000995.jpg

Its basically hogwarts with more classic tolkeinesque fantasy. And robots and stuff.

Posted

uh tolkien and hogwarts are both dumb why would i like either of those nerd

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Namco High is an upcoming Video Game/Web comic cross over series (game? comic? wutever?) that is being written by Hussie but also collaborated with good artist and writers so i might read it.

http://namcohigh.com/

it'll also feature a gender neutral protagonist which is cool i guess, depending on how interactive it is i suppose.

Posted

I'm skeptical about it. I feel like this might be andrew just pandering to the audience that he knows will buy his work the most. He's well aware of the fact that homestuck was a well known webcomic until it exploded from the troll romance and then became huge and all. If it's going to be another thing where he just pokes fun at his fandom like homestuck sadly turned into, I'm not reading it. I'll also be really sad that that's what he's making now, and not something else good like Problem Sleuth or early homestuck.

Posted

While we're on the topic of web series in here, do any of you keep up with RedvsBlue? Because I've been rewatching the entire series, and it's home to some of my favorite fight scenes anywhere. Like this one:

Posted

You need to watch this. This is not a movie or a show. This is a comic. A digital comic.

Posted

PLEASE, PLEASE TELL ME YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING CUCUMBER QUEST, BECAUSE THAT COMIC IS GETTING SO FUCKING REAL HOLY SHIT

tbxggq8.jpg

Bdumj73.jpg

RVrkj1J.jpg

BvTxsHM.jpg

j2BgnJ1.jpg

UvAzmsL.jpg

KfSPBJc.jpg

18O80Gu.jpg

NO SERIOUSLY ITS GETTING REALLY REALLY REALLY FUCKING GOOD PLEASE GO READ IT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Cascade likes this

Posted

I'm a massive fan of Cucumber Quest (and the artist) and have been following it for quite some time now. I hold it as one of my inspirations and recommend it to EVERYONE HERE

Listen to the Pheo and READ IT. Do it.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Yay my old fav is back happy New Years everyone!

Yay my old fav is back happy New Years everyone!