Webcomics Thread

126 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah pheo I've been keeping up with cucumber quest since the beginning you gotta calm yer pants. gigidigi is wonderful <3

also woah hey Vio 

pheonix561 likes this

Posted (edited)

Gigidigi is pretty wonderful. I was excited to see that she was working on Shantae.

Also, Hi.

Edited by Vio Milanor (see edit history)

Posted

CqMIqtM.jpg

dyyLucz.jpg

goXCBHx.jpg

IXPgkSz.jpg

HYsILOp.jpg

I have never connected with a fictional character more deeply than I have with sir tomato.

All of you had fucking better be reading cucumber quest, god dammit.

Vio Milanor and DR SHRUBBERY! like this

Posted

Yo, Legit. You should all read Cuke or Die II: Cuke Harder.

Posted

I'll promote this even though i dont have any money to buy it- God-Zine-La is a 25+ page zine featuring original fan art of Godzilla and his rogues gallery. It even has a picture by the director of the new 2014 movie!

http://hamishsteele.bigcartel.com/product/god-zine-la

GODZINALAsmall.jpg

SpacezillaCMYK.jpg

Screen_Shot_2014-03-23_at_20.11.14.png

Posted

Beautiful

Posted

DUDE I KNOW FOR REAL

Posted

IZoDLb4.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Posted

yeah yeah that's an adorable picture and they would be cute friends and I wish I had a 5000-year old demon for a best friend BUT more importantly:

498.jpg

let's not forget about our favourite, most adorable villain duo `v` this comic needs to stop being so cute

(I hate to sound like a broken record that sounds like pheo of all people, but if you haven't already, you should totally check cucumber quest out. paper mario with bunnies and (almost TOO much) cuteness and more goofiness, basically!

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I would kill for a Peridot plush

Posted

Only if it's got action phrases, one of which corrects you on the pronunciation of her name.

Also, you guys, if you haven't done so already, you should all read Cucumber Quest. It's super awesome and cute and badass. 

Posted

Looks like no one's mention Sam & Fuzzy yet. Definitely my favorite story-driven webcomic. Great story and characters, with a good balance of humor and drama.

The author recommends starting with The NMS Series, which is the "new era" of the comic. It's very much built upon previous events, but he's written it in a way that people unfamiliar with the series will still enjoy it, and he introduces you to what you really need to know in a way that's pretty intuitive and natural. (Usually.) It's also arguably better than the early days so it's a good way to go.

But if you're feeling ambitious and patient, I'd recommend starting from the very beginning. It starts out as a pretty rough gag strip that slowly transitions into a half-decent but overly ninja themed plot, but eventually it gets pretty darn good, and the ending really sets the whole rest of the series in motion. 

Between the "classic" era and the new stuff is the "Noosehead" era, which is just awesome and worth reading on it's own, but you'll get a lot more out of it if you read the classic stuff first.

Posted

TY2NuwO.jpg

OH GOD NO

Posted

That's a pretty page.

On a side note, does anyone else get annoyed with overly dramatic, wide-eyed, close-up reaction panels in comics? It was funny at first but idk. This page isn't the as guilty of it as other comics are.