Webcomics Thread

126 posts in this topic

Posted

How about you read cucumber quest how about that

Posted

I started it and got to the page JUST before this page coincidentally. But seeing as how you've just spoiled it, I can't continue.

Posted

youre gonna die

Posted

Alright, now that I'm on vacation I've finally had the chance to read through Cucumber Quest . Now I don't have to worry about Pheo hunting me down and murdering me in my sleep.

And speaking of aggressive recommendation of comics, I don't believe I've seen Lackadaisy mentioned here anywhere. It's a really well-drawn comic about Prohibition-era St. Louis. With cats.

1213771281.jpg

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Oh man, how could I forget Lackadaisy? Art's beautiful, story's classic, author is a fan of tom waits, and the whole thing looks like it could be made into a movie animated by the same team that did the fantastic mister fox. I know I'd definitely watch that movie.

I also had a chance to meet this woman once when I was fresh out of highshcool. I only saw her briefly, she's very very tiny and frail. Also a self taught artist. Very impressive.

Posted

xmHQjAT.png

I seriously don't read this webcomic enough. And I also seriously don't give Ryan North as much praise as I should. That man is responsible for so many different webcomic things like "project wonderful" that he's pretty much responsible for shaping webcomics into what they are today. Not to mention being behind the Machine of Death anthologies and writing for so many different adventure time comics and that whole hamlet thing.  I want to meet this man one day.

Posted

Wow. The character voices for that seinfeld thing are perfect

Posted

comic2-2639.png

c7FJSM1.png

CONTROVERSIAL ALERT~ 20140527-nukes.png

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Okay I know these technically aren't webcomics they're newspaper comics but shut the puppy up because bill watterson returned to the funny pages

RUEt6Cz.gif

gzGt12s.gif

gmB5l9N.gif

rwJiEg0.gif

tgvnu1k.gif

Posted

If we're opening up this thread for individual comics and not ongoing series though, here's one that made me laugh the hardest I've laughed in a long time at a single comic gag:

PZ9sJg6.jpg

48593-3-1386464841.gif

Posted

Don't ask him silly questions... He won't play silly games

Okay I know these technically aren't webcomics they're newspaper comics but shut the puppy up because bill watterson returned to the funny pages

RUEt6Cz.gif

gzGt12s.gif

gmB5l9N.gif

rwJiEg0.gif

tgvnu1k.gif

Thats awesome though. Theres an issue of this comic i'm reading, Locke and Key, that has a tribute issue to him. its really great

Posted

This comic.

TeYpTct.jpg

DX1Xu10.jpg

s9e0jkT.jpg

kMoZ2ah.jpg

ZdOda7Y.jpg

this comic is insane.

Posted

Was the bit with the bullet points in the text an Earthbound reference? Because that's what it seemed like to me. On the other hand, I was expecting limbo instead of pizza, and I was wrong on that count.

Posted

@pheo wut comic is that it looks cool