Webcomics Thread

126 posts in this topic

Posted

I knew as soon as I saw pheo posted in here, it would be the latest Cucumber Quest updates lol. This comic is so adorably bizarre. Nautilus continues to be the best character (alongside Peridot and Parfait).

SilverAlchemic and pheonix561 like this

Posted

yhdysPV.jpg

this is funny what is this?

Posted

NykXdZ6.jpg

Xs5mfPw.jpg

VPdZcIG.jpg

EqoOKjg.jpg

FhHhY1n.jpg

I'm going to keep posting in here until I know for a fact that all of you are reading unsounded because all of you absolutely need to be.

Posted

tasks.png

this is funny to me

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

As a CS graduate student, it's more of a grim reminder of reality to me.

Posted

You are a CS grad student? I was considering applying for grad school but decided against it, since I don't really have a reason to do so. plus, most companies don't care if you are a grad student besides google

Posted

7ybxdzT.jpg

6Gwn7wH.jpg

kiSTKbW.jpg

QVRzjr5.jpg

bHUystl.jpg

3nYfGMf.jpg

JKiQFHq.jpg

One of the best parts about cucumber quest is that it models itself after your classic kid's RPG video game, with the bosses getting more and more difficult as you go, and so on. But the very best part about that is that the bosses are getting more and more terrifying. I'm actually concerned for the safety of the characters at this point. It's never been a problem before. They've run into quirky problems and solved them with quirky solutions. I was never concerned when they were up against splash master. When they got to noise master, I started to get interested, but nothing bad happened because noise called it quits before doing anything (for plot reasons). This is the first master who's shown up with the expressed intent to murder the shit out of you.

Plus Caption Falcon just showed up heroically, so that's cool. Did anybody see what happened to Nautilus that she got taken away like this? I went browsing through the pages but I never saw any hint of her getting kidnapped or something. What happened? Do we know yet?

Posted

Yeah, I looked too. Best I could tell, she was there one moment, then the scene changed and she wasn't there anymore.

Posted

Okay, so it's not just me. Not to mention, whats up with Cuco's dad just showing up inside the elevator thing? It's just a weird funny plot twist, right? I sometimes wonder if he'll be involved with the impending final boss fight.

Posted

Can't recall if anyone mentioned Platinum Black yet, but it is a comic made by the same person who does Manly Guys Doing Manly Things. It only has 17 pages (gets about 5 a month) but it looks great and is pretty cool so far.

http://platinumblackcomic.com/

ch001_p011.jpg

It's a modern fantasy story with elements of horror and science fiction, following the journey of a regenerating day labourer and a timid prize fighter through a world of talking monsters, organ thieves, and ghosts.

Posted

03c6eRE.jpg

SHES RECITING THE LYRICS FROM EVANESCENCE'S WAKE ME UP INSIDE AS AN EVIL DARK GOTH SPELL

I LOVE THIS COMIC SO MUCH

Cascade likes this

Posted

yeah nedroid is pretty great