Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why Goku Is Stronger Then Superman!

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Thanks, I always knew Goku was stronger than Superman, but my friends didn't believe me. But now I have proof!

Posted

They belong to two different continuity of strength. Wut's powerful in one universe for an average human may not be the same in another. That being said, I puppying HATE Superman, so this is a good video,

Posted (edited)

Don't forget Goku can scream for 5 episodes straight, and then fight in a long battle for 15 more episodes!!!

Edited by Michael (see edit history)

Posted

A lot of those were a bit hard to quantify, but then again, yeah they are from different universes. Not to mention he was using proofs from several different continuities. I love DBZ but I really think superman wins this fight

Posted

They belong to two different continuity of strength. Wut's powerful in one universe for an average human may not be the same in another. That being said, I puppying HATE Superman, so this is a good video,

Kind of a (needlessly) strong viewpoint from a person who has never read any Superman comics. Are you just saying this because it's a "cool, Marvel fan thing"? I mean it just seems like you're trying too hard to prove something here.

Or you're just mad because Man of Steel is gonna be better than Iron Man 3 and Thor 2???

Posted

No, I dislike Superman because he's dumb. He's essentially a Sun God with no flaws, both power wise and character wise. He's so OP that it's boring. The only interesting character in DC is Batman, which I can understand lots of people loving him, but I don't because he's all dark and agnsty. Dark Knight trilogy was really a gritty crime noir at it's heart, which I'm not a fan of. (Not saying it's bad just I'm not a fan of)

Yes I'm a Marvel fan. But that's because Marvel has relateable, flawed characters. While DC is just a heap of Mythological Gods. Hell, even Thor isn't as "perfect" and the DC heroes.

Kind of a (needlessly) strong viewpoint from a person who has never read any Superman comics. Are you just saying this because it's a "cool, Marvel fan thing"? I mean it just seems like you're trying too hard to prove something here.

Or you're just mad because Man of Steel is gonna be better than Iron Man 3 and Thor 2???

Also, if you read my post, it basically starts off in defense of Superman, then ends in a joke because I hate Superman.

Posted

You misunderstand superman completely. His flaw is his humanity. He refuses to kill unless absolutely necessary and he feels responsible for the world because he has powers. Make no mistake, he is Clark Kent. Superman is his secret identity.

He's not "OP" because he refuses to use his powers for evil, and that's what makes him a relatable character. He's not as "cool" as Batman...but he doesn't want to be. He wants to be normal, which I empathize with. His powers are more of a crutch or defect to him than anything else.

This is why you will never have a good superman game. Only a Clark Kent game would work. Powers without the soul make for a boring character and boring experience.

Posted

No, I dislike Superman because he's dumb. He's essentially a Sun God with no flaws, both power wise and character wise. He's so OP that it's boring. The only interesting character in DC is Batman, which I can understand lots of people loving him, but I don't because he's all dark and agnsty. Dark Knight trilogy was really a gritty crime noir at it's heart, which I'm not a fan of. (Not saying it's bad just I'm not a fan of)

Yes I'm a Marvel fan. But that's because Marvel has relateable, flawed characters. While DC is just a heap of Mythological Gods. Hell, even Thor isn't as "perfect" and the DC heroes.

Also, if you read my post, it basically starts off in defense of Superman, then ends in a joke because I hate Superman.

I assure you this is a flawed viewpoint. You should try reading some DC comics so that you have a better perspective. Its fine to hate a character, but at least hate him for the right reasons

Posted

I like Superman when he's portrayed as a tired, burdened servant of mankind who grudgingly follows orders that he doesn't agree with. Like becoming increasingly isolated from humanity and wrestling with the idea of isolating himself for the good of the world. I also like the idea that being "good" isn't just about following orders. The fact that Superman has been around for so long opens the door for comparison of today's "good" with the "good" of the early 20th century. Superman's beginnings in Smallville as well as the franchise's real world beginning in a time of "traditional American values" differ greatly to the morally ambiguous world and actions that he later encounters. To me, it's tragic in a way and Superman becomes increasingly isolated as he's torn in multiple directions for many different agendas.

@Phanta, I replied to you because I know that you didn't have an actual basis for your needlessly strong opinion. You don't know really anything about Superman. It's just a Marvel fanboy thing to claim what you claimed. You haven't read anything yet you try to have a strong conviction about Superman instead of "oh it doesn't really interest me". It just seems like you picked that up somewhere instead of forming your own opinion.

Posted

@Phanta, I replied to you because I know that you didn't have an actual basis for your needlessly strong opinion. You don't know really anything about Superman. It's just a Marvel fanboy thing to claim what you claimed. You haven't read anything yet you try to have a strong conviction about Superman instead of "oh it doesn't really interest me". It just seems like you picked that up somewhere instead of forming your own opinion.

I'm still trying to figure out what part of my opinion was strong when i basically defended him on this video. LIke, yeah I dont like him but i think comparing him to Goku is unfair.

Posted

"I puppying HATE" probably

Posted

Things you should read before declaring Superman a boring invincible sun god

For the man who has everything

Whatever happened to the man of tomorrow

Superman: Red Son

All Star Superman

Superman Birthright

Superman: Secret origin

Kingdom Come

Superman/Lex luthor: The black ring

Superman 1,000,000

Just for starters

Posted

I am gonna snatch this recommendation meant for another person and take a look at those. I honestly don't read Superman really. Is any of the New 52 stuff good?

Vaguely related: I guess the Smallville show was pretty successful. I would really like to see the formative years of Bruce Wayne. Not a flashback. I want to see him in school, traveling abroad, training, learning from mentors and teachers (Alfred, Ducard, Zatara, Lady Shiva, for example), befriending Harvey Dent, Oliver Queen, Lucius Fox, etc. and maybe fighting more realistic gangster-type antagonists, corrupt mayor/cops, or villains of less-renown like . Very, very sparingly there could be a name-drop/appearance of future villains (who are semi-public figures before they became "villains", for exaple: Victor Fries, Basil Karlo, or Johnathan Crane).

Harvey Dent could be an incredibly important figure who helps carry along the narrative that Gotham is a bad place and maybe Batman watches Harvey have a mental breakdown every now and then. In confidence, Harvey explains that it's easier to deal with the world with two different identities. This could resonate with Bruce Wayne. Like this could be one of the later parts of the storyline. Bruce is gradually learning and piecing together what would later become Batman.

I am just rambling at this point and straddling the line of fan fiction or something. Help. Fell free to ignore this admittedly off-topic rambling

Posted

"I puppying HATE" probably

that was the joke part. Although it's true, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. This is super obvious. You are dumb.