Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why Goku Is Stronger Then Superman!

21 posts in this topic

Posted

I am gonna snatch this recommendation meant for another person and take a look at those. I honestly don't read Superman really. Is any of the New 52 stuff good?

Vaguely related: I guess the Smallville show was pretty successful. I would really like to see the formative years of Bruce Wayne. Not a flashback. I want to see him in school, traveling abroad, training, learning from mentors and teachers (Alfred, Ducard, Zatara, Lady Shiva, for example), befriending Harvey Dent, Oliver Queen, Lucius Fox, etc. and maybe fighting more realistic gangster-type antagonists, corrupt mayor/cops, or villains of less-renown like . Very, very sparingly there could be a name-drop/appearance of future villains (who are semi-public figures before they became "villains", for exaple: Victor Fries, Basil Karlo, or Johnathan Crane).

Harvey Dent could be an incredibly important figure who helps carry along the narrative that Gotham is a bad place and maybe Batman watches Harvey have a mental breakdown every now and then. In confidence, Harvey explains that it's easier to deal with the world with two different identities. This could resonate with Bruce Wayne. Like this could be one of the later parts of the storyline. Bruce is gradually learning and piecing together what would later become Batman.

I am just rambling at this point and straddling the line of fan fiction or something. Help. Fell free to ignore this admittedly off-topic rambling

Theres a storyline in batman right now, called Zero Year. Some people say its going to be a rip off of Year one, but I'm thinking its going to be about what you're looking for. The formative years of batman. I believe it comes out next Wednesday. There is also Long Halloween and Dark victory, which are more or less how several of the villains of Gotham got started. and how Robin started. I highly recommend both

Current superman, I'd go with Action comics. Written by Grant Morrison, who did All Star Superman, and its really cool. Part of it is setting up Superman's backstory for when he went to Metropolis, and the rest is a cool story about Mxysptlk and pals. Its really fun.

Posted

Mxysptlk and Bat-mite need their own series together

And yeah I enjoyed Long Halloween and Dark Victory

Posted

Theres a comic where Mxy and Bat mite spwnd the entire issue trolling darkseid. Almost as priceless as the time Santa Claus visited Apokalips

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

new evidence may put this thread in jeopardy!

Posted

how strange, i was once sent to planet paper.....................