Elder Scrolls RP

80 posts in this topic

Posted

I really didn't want get involved in this. (I use one of the few spells I know even though my class is assassin) I use paralyze on all three three guys then dart out of the tavern.

Panicked, you think of a quick fix for this situation. You think quickly for any paralyze spells that you know. You remember one and use it, hitting one of the guys approaching you and Cirwen. You give the other two a shot, but the spell doesn't work. The other guy has now turned his full attention to you. You have successfully taken down one of the three.

You can't escape yet; the fight is still on.

 

((For this I went ahead and let you use a spell you might not have known. In D&D you can attempt magic even if your character isn't trained in it or anything, so I'll allow it here too. I just stacked the odds against it working. I decided that a roll of 16 or higher got you a win, and 15 or lower got you a failure. I rolled an 18 for the first guy, a 14 for the second, and a 4 for the third. Just to give you an idea about how this works.

I'll allow anybody to attempt anything they like. I'll just decide the odds based on your character's skillset.))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Pull out my Ebony dagger I found a while back and swing at him trying to hit him but not kill him. Hopefully Adahlek and this other lady can fend them off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Acedia decided to scout out the area around Belda, and observe for the rest of the afternoon. It took her longer than expected to reach Belda, however, and while she could see no creatures or beings around the entrance, she was not prepared to go into the ruins today. It was too late for her to make her way back to her home, however, so she took refuge in a cave she had seen several miles away by the road.

 

That was when she noticed the skeleton stumbling around, and the coffins lined against the walls.

 

She had unwittingly walked into a cave of Vampires. And they knew. 

 

She immediately began to summon a Flame Atronach, hoping her natural affinity to fire and her skill at conjuration would enable her to defeat these vampires. She counted two in the initial section of the cave, but there were surely more that would hear the fight.

 

((Teto, if it makes things clearer, I'll say my commands afterwards as well so you know what to decide on? Like this;

 

>Summon Flame Atronach

>Hurl Fireball

>Flee

 

etc))

 

>Summon Flame Atronach



((Also, I've already sent this in skype, but it's probably useful to put here as well, I'll edit it into my intro post as well so you can refer back to it.

 

Blade, Conjuration, Alteration, Mysticism, Illusion, Light Armour and Speechcraft are the skills defined as a Witches on the NPC classes page of the UESP wiki.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

((I'm going to be a bit mean))

 

The man hesitates, unsure whether or not to drop down off his horse, stand his ground, or bolt back up the road. All the confidence building he'd done in order to last this long without panicking fell through at the moment his fears were realised. The Khajiit seemed to have some kind of madness. Threatening to shoot him with a dagger if moved, and immediately requesting that he move off his horse. He stays still in his seat, confused by the request and the threat. He sighted a bow on the Khajiit's back and by the general look of him, he seemed perhaps a thief. As long as he'd known thieves, they didn't have much knowledge of swordplay and put their expertise in archery, resorting to daggers only in close combat. He wondered now why the Khajiit threatened him not with his bow, but with a dagger.

 

The Khajiit spoke up again, commanding him to get off the horse. The rider swung a leg over and dropped down onto the road. A bit calmer now, he waits quietly for the Khajiit to move or speak again.

((I meant shoot with the bow but I spose i wasnt clear enough))

 

Kodra wonders why the man took asking twice. He looked rather confused at such a basic command, perhaps he is of below average intelligence? Either way, Kodra has a weapon and he does not, so it is of no importance. 

 

"Good, now hand over your money. Slowly."

 

What about the horse, Kodra wonders. He can't ride a horse and besides, he can only just feed himself, let alone a stallion.

Maybe he can turn this to his advantage, though.

 

"If you don't try anything, I might let you keep the horse." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Pull out my Ebony dagger I found a while back and swing at him trying to hit him but not kill him. Hopefully Adahlek and this other lady can fend them off.

((I'll wait until Treemo and Shrub ring in with their actions before I give you your reply, just so the scene is spread out between the three of you))

 

>Summon Flame Atronach

You successfully summon a flame atronach, which proceeds to move away from you to the skeleton, and then to one of the vampires which had come out from their position watching the entrance to the cave. It easily kills the skeleton, and occupies the attention of one of the vampires, while the other vampire moves away from the atronach and towards you. You hear the vampire shout some words, and it disappears, turning invisible. It must still be coming towards you, but you can't tell where.

 

"If you don't try anything, I might let you keep the horse." 

((I understood what you meant in your post, but decided to be mean and take it all literally))

 

More cool-headed now, the rider, an imperial, moved his hand to his back pocket, pulled out a coin purse, and tossed it on the ground between them. "There it is, all I have." he said simply, watching the Khajiit closely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Acedia immediately drank a shielding potion and then cast a life detection spell. ((Keep in mind that Vampires are definitely alive))

 

>>Drink Shielding Potion

>>Cast Life Detection Spell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Acedia immediately drank a shielding potion and then cast a life detection spell. ((Keep in mind that Vampires are definitely alive))

 

>>Drink Shielding Potion

>>Cast Life Detection Spell

 

You drink your shield potion, feeling a bit sturdier. You quickly cast your life detection spell*, and a green glow flickers in front of you, fading gradually to full view, at last giving you a sure sight on the enemy, but not soon enough as you sight a green pillar of light rise up and fall down, and you're struck on the shoulder, where you fall to the ground**. Dazed, you look up, the vampire staggered a little from the force it put behind the hit. You think yourself lucky they hadn't been holding a knife, and had only hit you down with their bare hands. You're on the ground, now fully aware of your surroundings again, and the vampire is a couple metres away, looking to make an attack again.

 

You stand up, and prepare yourself to block the vampire, but you realise you're still not quite well enough, and you fail to block in time*', the vampire thrust itself at you, digging its fangs into your neck. A quick moment of shock, and you throw the vampire off again. You clutch at your neck again, wincing in pain. The Vampire stalks around you, looking to make an attack. 

 

Meanwhile, the flame atronach has finished with the vampire in the corner, but to your dismay, it cannot see the vampire you're faced off against, still invisible and only seen by your eyes*''.

 

((You are still fighting the vampire, but you're a bit weakened. This will make it a little more difficult for you to pass rolls.

Here's how the rolls went, to show how I'm making decisions. Usually 5 or less means a failure, and anything above that means a pass to some degree.

 

*Rolled 11 - To see if you passed to cast your spell. You did, but not by a large degree, so it came to effect a bit slower

**Rolled 4 - To see if you anticipate their attack. Rolled a 4, so you failed.

*'Rolled 3 - To see if you block successfully when they lunge to bite you. You failed.

*''Rolled 8 - To see to see how the flame atronach was doing. If you rolled lower here, I would have either made it so that they were still fighting, or the flame atronach lost, and the other vampire was going to come after you as well. Higher than that, it would have wised up to what you were up to and managed to come and help. It would have been helpful more and more, the higher the roll you got.

))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Adahlek narrowly avoids a punch thrown by his attacker. He must have spaced out for a moment. The attacker stumbles, and Adahlek takes this opportunity to deliver  a powerful uppercut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Adahlek narrowly avoids a punch thrown by his attacker. He must have spaced out for a moment. The attacker stumbles, and Adahlek takes this opportunity to deliver  a powerful uppercut.

[18]Adahlek swiftly punches the man right in the jaw, with a loud crunch. [17]The man falls down and lands on the bar floor, out cold. The cheese is still intact, and seems to glow with unscathed-ness.

 

There is still one man left fighting, directed toward Talen.

 

Pull out my Ebony dagger I found a while back and swing at him trying to hit him but not kill him. Hopefully Adahlek and this other lady can fend them off.

[1]You pull our your ebony dagger and start to swipe at the man to scare him off. You swipe too vigorously however, and on the first swipe the knife flies out of your hand and collides with a bottle of alcohol on a table in the corner of the pub, and then a candle, which falls off the table and into the puddle of alcohol. The floor catches fire, and the fire begins to spread up the walls and the tables.

 

You're still on the other side of the bar from the fire, faced with the other guy. Adahlek has knocked out his foe, and Cirwen is still clutching the crumpled up piece of parchment, seemingly wondering whether or not the time has passed to playfully throw it at Adahlek.

 

((As you might have gathered, rolling a 1 gives you the worst failure imaginable. Likewise, rolling a 20 gets you incredible success.))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

First things first, save the cheese. Adahlek didn't shatter a man's jaw for nothing. I should probably save that guy too, now that I think about it, Adahlek thought. The man had taken his cheese, but that was not punishable by death. Savage beating, yes, but not death. Plus he was unconscious. No one deserves to die this helplessly. Adahlek pocketed the cheese and quickly dragged the man with the shattered jaw to safety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

First things first, save the cheese. Adahlek didn't shatter a man's jaw for nothing. I should probably save that guy too, now that I think about it, Adahlek thought. The man had taken his cheese, but that was not punishable by death. Savage beating, yes, but not death. Plus he was unconscious. No one deserves to die this helplessly. Adahlek pocketed the cheese and quickly dragged the man with the shattered jaw to safety.

[5]The fire spreads closer as you make ready to skedaddle out of there. You accidentally drop the cheese and let go of the man's hand and stumble. The fire is getting closer, and you calculate that you can't save them both and get away from the fire in time. You may only save one; the man or the cheese.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

((Okay puppy you guys moved fast. I'd been doing other crap and agh. Time to try to arse something out; I'll try to cover some of the earlier stuff))

 

She really should've expected him to do something insane. She really should've. But that really isn't important right now. What's important is that Adahlek pissed some (likely drunk) asshats off, and that one of them was coming towards her, raring for a fight. 

 

And she wasn't exactly skilled in hand-to-hand combat. Her combative skills lay in use of her bow. And she wasn't ready to have a murder charge to her name quite yet. So that left only one option: she'd have to rely on her agility to get the hell out of dodge. Cirwen smirked at the man, arrogance radiating from her character. She was ready, she knew she could outmaneuver this oaf. But then something happened that she didn't see coming.

 

The Argonian had yanked out his knife and flailed it about. And be it due to incompetence, inexperience, or simple error, it somehow managed to free itself from his grasp and shatter a nearby bottle of booze. And a candle. Which then proceeded to ignite the spilled alcohol. And then the whole pub was starting to go up in flames.

 

If they all got out of this alive, she was going to beat both of those idiots into a bloody pulp. 

 

"Great job, idiot! Learn how to actually hold the damn weapon before you try using it!" she shouted at Talen, more of a knee-jerk reaction than anything. She was normally perky and mischievous, but now she was angry more than anything. But she needed to think.

Edited by Treemotan (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Adahlek looked at the cheese, then the man, then the cheese again. A look of indecisiveness creeped onto his face. Cheese, or that guy. Cheese, or that guy.

 

 

Adahlek cursed thunderingly and pulled the man's unconscious form over his shoulder. As he moved, he looked back to see his beloved wheel of solid happiness melt from the heat, before it was crushed by a falling rafter. Sighing the saddest sigh, he kicked out the door and moved to a safe distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

 

 

Raised a point there; we don't actually have a layout. Here's what I was envisioning, with the grey blob being Adahlek, the purple blob being Cirwen, and the orange blob being Talen. Blue blobs are the enemies, the crossed out ones being the one Adahlek knocked out and the one Talen paralyzed. The bartender Bart Ender has pissed off down a trap door behind the bar let's say. Red is the fire spread. And the door is the little opening at the top, yes.

 

4nxXruR.png

 

I had kind of just thought of Olav's Tap and Tack (#15), though I wouldn't expect everybody else to immediately think that too. I feel like it had this sort of layout.))

 

There's a crowd amassing outside of the tavern now, and you can hear shouting above the commotion of the fire. It's only you four in here now, and you realise the oaf has lost interest in the fight and has begun to panic. The fire rages, and climbs up the wall. A large pillar of wood falls down, blocking the exit. His face in his grubby hands, hunched over, the oaf begins to sob "I just wanted some martinis and to have some girl talk".

 

The battle is over, and the escape is begun in its place. 

 

Bart Ender climbs up from behind the bar and gestures you over, calling "Here! Quickly! I've a trap door that can lead us out of here!"

 

((Adahlek is deciding who to save, Talen is just having a really really bad day, Cirwen is pretty much in the same place, because I realised that we don't have the map in the same order in our heads and so her action no longer made sense, and Bart Ender is calling you all over to the trap door. One enemy is sobbing, one is unconscious, and another is awake with a terrified look in his eyes, unable to move.))

 

 

((since I got late to replying to Treemo, I'll change this to "jumps down the trap door".))

 

You jump down the trap door after Bart Ender, into a damp, warm cellar. Warm because of the heat, and damp because cellars don't know how to be any other way. It's pitch dark down here, and the fire hasn't yet spread to reach it. 

 

((Adahlek has successfully escaped with the guy he knocked out in the bar. Everyone else is still up in the main room.))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

(( I simply assumed that, logically, Adahlek would have headed towards the door. Hence my actions. ))

 

Cirwen turned her head in the direction of Ender's voice. She gave a quick nod - not that anyone'd see it in the haze of the heat and the shroud of smoke - and turned her attention to the man in front of her, bawling his eyes out. She grabs him by the collar of the shirt and hoists him up, giving him a very light push in the direction of Ender, as a means of pointing out to the man the direction of salvation. 

 

"Quit crying and pull yourself together," she said, mood still understandably fouled. She cocked her head over towards Talen and his assailant, "And I know you Argonians are pretty fond of the heat, but I'm pretty damn certain this is gonna make you a crispy critter if we don't get moving."

 

Anger and adrenaline in her veins, she shot a final glance at the three men and gestured them towards Ender before making a break for the bar and trap door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.