Elder Scrolls RP

80 posts in this topic

Posted

((Sorry for rushing you along soggy, but I naturally assume you'd just say "I escape too", so I took it upon myself to do that for you.))

 

The oaf does indeed pull himself together. Lucky for him his tears had cleaned out his eyes, and he started fresh through the smoke, putting an arm around his paralyzed friend, he climbed across the bar, dragging the man with him and dropped down through the trap door. Cirwen and Talen followed after them, down into the cellar.

 

Bart Ender pulled down the hatch to the cellar and shut out the noise for the most part. "Follow me" he said sharply throwing open a door only barely visible in the dark. Adahlek walked close behind Bart with the man over his shoulder. Followed by the oaf and the other man, then Cirwen and Talen.

 

You walked a long while through this passage. After a point the floorboards stopped, and you found your feat on rock and soil. The passage was winding and seemingly endless. You'd no idea where you might be by now. The noise and commotion had been left far behind. "I prepared this escape route for such times. I'd never hoped to have to use it." he said, sullen.

 

By now it might have been late afternoon, though you'd never know. You had stopped many times in the dark, to talk. Adahlek's foe was still out cold. There had been arguments between them all now, but thanks to the intervention of Bart Ender, they had resigned to cold indifference toward one another. The other two men, the paralyzed now awake, talked between themselves. The larger man, the oaf, held Adahlek's man, affectionately called "Toad". The oaf was called Haruk, and the smaller man who had been paralyzed was Mewtwo. A strange group of men, you thought. But think on yourselves, you supposed. A mad Nord, a well-meaning Argonian, and a hot-headed woof elf. 

 

Eventually you came out of the tunnel into a large space. Long burnt out torches still hung on the walls. Bart Ender explained, "Used to be a mine here, until they found no more ore, and abandoned it. A long while ago now. The passage was built a long while ago when This place was safe and thriving. It lasted a long while, and reached a great depth before it finally died out. We might be halfway down now, but not too far from the outside."

 

The abandoned mine is dark and you can't see much. There are torches still on the walls that can still be used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Knuckle, continued.

 

The party begins to break up as the road forks. Some head off the road north toward Bruma, and others south to Skingrad or Bravil. Many cheaper inns lay in the lands surrounding The Imperial City, and so yet more broke off to stay elsewhere during their stop. The sun set as you crossed the bridge across toward The Imperial City, the white tower striking the sky high above. You leave your horses with the stables.

 

You enter the city and make your way across the city to the market district, where you planned to stay at the inn where Baba's mother worked. The market was still lively, commoners all around. It was a warm evening, and dinner had not long passed for most people. For your own, you and Baba take to the inn for a good meal. Rushed off her feet, Baba's mother doesn't talk to you much.

 

It comes to your attention shortly after the meal, a lot of noise had started up outside the inn. You join several others as you go out to investigate the shouting. You see a stall, collapsed on several people, sellers and buyers alike. Wine shattered on the ground and people moving helplessly around. A single town guardsman calls out to you for help, seeing you clad in armour he recognises you for some kind of adventurers.

 

Save the people, Alain and Baba!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Snapping into action immediately, Alain tries to cast a telekinesis spell. In the event the spell cannot lift the collapsed stall, he asks Baba to help by trying to lift the stall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Snapping into action immediately, Alain tries to cast a telekinesis spell. In the event the spell cannot lift the collapsed stall, he asks Baba to help by trying to lift the stall.

[3]You attempt to move the cart, but you only manage to shoot your riding gloves off of your face and into the back of a bystander. They don't notice.

Resorting to your backup plan, you jump forward, calling Baba to join you. Grabbing one end of the fallen stall roof, you count down and lift. [3]You lose your grip (if only you had your gloves!) and the roof slips out of your grasp. [14]Baba had better luck however, and heaves his stall roof from the ground, allowing a bystander to run in and pull a commoner from underneath.

 

There are still 3 more people stuck under the stall. Two merchants, two commoners. Maybe with better luck your next attempt will be more fruitful.

 

 

((Another option is to somehow use the bystanders. That would naturally be speechcraft that would decide if you'd succeed, but because of the situation, I'd allow you to succeed with smaller rolls; there's more to consider for the bystanders here than how good your speech is.

Remember your class when deciding your actions. Use them as creatively as you can/want. And Baba is your trusting sidekick of sorts, and he has his own set of skills. You can request he makes moves as well.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Classes

 

Alain:

HF2fpnj.png

 

Baba:

xnWBDiv.png

))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

((I understood what you meant in your post, but decided to be mean and take it all literally))

 

More cool-headed now, the rider, an imperial, moved his hand to his back pocket, pulled out a coin purse, and tossed it on the ground between them. "There it is, all I have." he said simply, watching the Khajiit closely.

((sorry for taking so long to respond))

 

Kodra grabbed the coins, and weighed them in his hand. There seems to be a decent amount. He hoped for more, given the mans appearance. It didn't really matter too much, so he pocketed the purse and returned his weapon to its scabbard.

 

"On your way now." He sneered at the rider, who appeared visibly distressed by the event.

"Be grateful I let you keep the horse." 

 

Having dealt with the rider, Kodra turns and continues on his journey. 

'Hmmm. I shouldn't have let him keep the horse. What if he alerts the guards that there's a thief on the road?' He wonders. 'Either way, it's too late now.'

 

((lets get to tha action bruh)) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

 

[11]The man gets back on his horse and makes hastily down the road away from Cheydinhal towards The Imperial City, now totally disenchanted with the "beauty of the road".

 

You make it to Cheydinhal by evening, tired out from the walk. You met no one else on the road who you thought to approach. You had passed a large train of caravans and folk on horseback on the way, and had kept well out of sight.

 

Cheydinhal looks a fairly wealthy place from the architecture, though the city guide says some nasty things. But again, it was another city guide done by the notoriously bigoted Alessia Ottus, a racist upper class snob from The Imperial City. You could find this trash littering any city, and they always turned up without fail.

 

You take a seat in Newlands Lodge and start to talk with the patrons and the landlady, and gather that a great many people and businesses had closed up shop for the week in order to go down into The Imperial City for the festival to celebrate Lord Bilbo's birthday. "He's eleventy-one today," they say. Though odd that such a grand event would be held for the birthday of a simple lord, people claim that Lord Bilbo is a dear friend of the king, and that 111 is an age well worth celebrating to the fullest. Any excuse for a party, you thought.

 

What this meant to you though is that many families too had left town, leaving their homes unattended while they enjoyed the celebrations. You supposed to that other thieves would be onto this as well, and so plenty people would be aware of the risk, and a heist in any house could be a great deal more difficult than it would normally be at any other time. You're well kitted out for a heist, and the last of the daylight has finally shrunk away, leaving the town in darkness.

((lets get to tha action bruh)) 

((I'll be trying to make something out of the rider later. Consider it me collecting pawns for later use. The more free characters I have at my disposal, the better a story I can try and make later on. It's my intention to actually try and get stories going here, but for now I've not really got many ideas past little episodes of adventure.

For now, we'll get to thieving action.

 

*Rolled an 11. I decided that if I rolled even, the rider would retaliate, and if I rolled odd, he would just ride off.))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Undaunted, Alain tries this time to invigorate the people underneath the stand with a call to arms spell, which would give them the power to lift the stand on their own. He also asked Baba to go convince bystanders to help, figuring his charisma would give him the edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

What this meant to you though is that many families too had left town, leaving their homes unattended while they enjoyed the celebrations. You supposed to that other thieves would be onto this as well, and so plenty people would be aware of the risk, and a heist in any house could be a great deal more difficult than it would normally be at any other time. You're well kitted out for a heist, and the last of the daylight has finally shrunk away, leaving the town in darkness.

((dat lotr reference ))

 

Kodra leaves the tavern and starts to walk around the city. He's looking for a house that looks empty, ideally a rich one. He sees a house that gives off an air of affluence and inspects it from a distance, careful not to make it look like he's scoping it. He casually walks by, noticing a window on the top floor is open.

 

He takes a quick glance around and then through the windows.There is no evidence that there is anyone inside, and he sees no guards, so he gets closer, and begins his ascent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Undaunted, Alain tries this time to invigorate the people underneath the stand with a call to arms spell, which would give them the power to lift the stand on their own. He also asked Baba to go convince bystanders to help, figuring his charisma would give him the edge.

[7]You cast your spell, and it holds a little in some of the people, and you see the board tremble as some of the previously weak people begin to push against it. It might come free of them a bit easier now.

[1]Baba goes for help, and in his rush and panic only manages to unintentionally hiss and bear his claws at the bystanders. He sends women, men, and children away, shrieking in fear, while some of the hot-headed folks got angry and attacked, believing they were being threatened or challenged. [1]The first man raises a fist and hits Baba in the face, hard. He falls back into one of the stands nearby with such a force that it collapsed with him, and onto another person. [3]Bleeding and bruised, he attempted to push himself free. But he was weak, and had no more energy to fight. He falls unconscious.

 

Thanks to a series of very very unfortunate rolls, Baba has been knocked unconscious, and is now stuck under a fallen stand with another person.

 

((dat lotr reference ))

 

Kodra leaves the tavern and starts to walk around the city. He's looking for a house that looks empty, ideally a rich one. He sees a house that gives off an air of affluence and inspects it from a distance, careful not to make it look like he's scoping it. He casually walks by, noticing a window on the top floor is open.

 

He takes a quick glance around and then through the windows.There is no evidence that there is anyone inside, and he sees no guards, so he gets closer, and begins his ascent. 

 

[9]Dark on the walls, you make your ascent slowly and climb into the house. It's dark and you rake through cabinets and chests, and steal anything of worth that you can conceal in your pockets, but you didn't find anything to steal in the usual places, and only in hidden chests and locked boxes. You make your way down the stairs with caution, still unsure you're totally alone. You can't hear anything or anybody nearby. You proceed to the kitchen to see if there could be any fine cutlery you might be able to steal.

 

[20]You stop just outside the door, hearing the creak of an door, opening and then closing again; the rattling of cutlery suddenly and the opening and closing of barrels; and the rushed breathing of a woman. You peer around and look into the room. Another thief? She was a dark elf, red eyes darting quickly as she pulled out vegetables from the barrels and clutched for knives and cooking utensils. Her long hooded cloak was muddy at the hem and nowhere else. You think back to the room upstairs with the open window. All the obvious places have been emptied out. Either thanks to the owner, or an under-experienced thief. And those muddy footprints too; her work from the look of the bottom of her cloak. She didn't look to be carrying any weapons, and only had her hands. You could tell from the way she rushed that she was nervous. She didn't live here. Definitely an intruder of some kind.

 

She lifted the bottom of her cloak and piled vegetables and utensils into it to carry. She kicked open a door and rushed through the opening and down a set of stone steps into what must have been the basement. The kitchen was now empty, and the door to the basement still ajar. You can follow her and talk to her, or attack her, or you can go about stealing spoons and forks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

(I suspect you are doing this on purpose and I hate you :sadlink: )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

(I suspect you are doing this on purpose and I hate you :sadlink: )

((No, Baba actually got those horrid rolls. I'll add that you'll find it easier to lift the roof of the first stand more easily next time thanks to you strengthening the people. You can always do normal stuff like lifting though, I really don't mind you just trying again. It's just a little less fun that way.))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

[9]Dark on the walls, you make your ascent slowly and climb into the house. It's dark and you rake through cabinets and chests, and steal anything of worth that you can conceal in your pockets, but you didn't find anything to steal in the usual places, and only in hidden chests and locked boxes. You make your way down the stairs with caution, still unsure you're totally alone. You can't hear anything or anybody nearby. You proceed to the kitchen to see if there could be any fine cutlery you might be able to steal.

 

[20]You stop just outside the door, hearing the creak of an door, opening and then closing again; the rattling of cutlery suddenly and the opening and closing of barrels; and the rushed breathing of a woman. You peer around and look into the room. Another thief? She was a dark elf, red eyes darting quickly as she pulled out vegetables from the barrels and clutched for knives and cooking utensils. Her long hooded cloak was muddy at the hem and nowhere else. You think back to the room upstairs with the open window. All the obvious places have been emptied out. Either thanks to the owner, or an under-experienced thief. And those muddy footprints too; her work from the look of the bottom of her cloak. She didn't look to be carrying any weapons, and only had her hands. You could tell from the way she rushed that she was nervous. She didn't live here. Definitely an intruder of some kind.

 

She lifted the bottom of her cloak and piled vegetables and utensils into it to carry. She kicked open a door and rushed through the opening and down a set of stone steps into what must have been the basement. The kitchen was now empty, and the door to the basement still ajar. You can follow her and talk to her, or attack her, or you can go about stealing spoons and forks.

Spooked by the appearance of another thief, Kodra decides to grab what he can now, and leave through the front door before some confrontation occurs. The best way to win a fight is to avoid it, he thinks to himself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Alain is aghast; this turn of events regarding Baba is more intricately terrible than one of Mephalas' most terrible plots. First thing's first, he casts a spell of healing to bring Baba back to consciousness, hoping that he can get out from under the stand with his own strength. He then tries to convince bystanders for help on his own this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Spooked by the appearance of another thief, Kodra decides to grab what he can now, and leave through the front door before some confrontation occurs. The best way to win a fight is to avoid it, he thinks to himself. 

[17]You shift around the kitchen and find anything worth stealing. A couple nice pieces of cutlery and some china, though you were never quite sure where the word "china" came from. You hear the thief downstairs, clunking and hissing sounds. You make your way out of there and down and out the window again. You count yourself lucky they never caught you back there and go to find a safe place to camp out for the night.

 

Alain is aghast; this turn of events regarding Baba is more intricately terrible than one of Mephalas' most terrible plots. First thing's first, he casts a spell of healing to bring Baba back to consciousness, hoping that he can get out from under the stand with his own strength. He then tries to convince bystanders for help on his own this time.

 

((FFUUCKING HELL, your luck Knuckle. I swear I'm not rigging this. Okay good, it got better after the first roll.))

 

[1]You try to cast a healing spell on Baba, but you accidentally set the stand he's trapped under on fire. [19]Beginning to cry, you turn to bystanders and call for help. In your earnest desperation, you invoke the sympathies of many, and they come to your aid, inspired by your continued strength in the face of such disaster. They move to the first stall and with the help of still strengthened victims, heave the thing away. The two of them stagger away to find help, while more helpers call to you to use one of your spells to extinguish the fire. [15]You successfully put out the fire, and then men pull away the charred roof of the stall, revealing Baba and the other trapped person, who leaves to tend to her burns. 

 

Baba is lifted into the inn where he's taken to bed to rest. You work your spells on him and give him potions and fall asleep late at night, when you're confident he'll be okay by the morning.

 

>Knuckle and Padraig have reached the end of the first day.

>Treemotan, Shrubbery, Soggy are in a cave, sitting around staring dumbly into the darkness.

>Ammonsa is fighting vampires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

((I feel bad for getting all these great rolls, while knuckle is getting rinsed, haha))

Teto likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.