Elder Scrolls RP

80 posts in this topic

Posted

Cirwen was well-accustomed to navigating about in total darkness; after all, it was a thief's best friend. But she knew that her current party may not be quite so adjusted to lurking around in the shadows. It could provide good cover in the case of there being enemies or dangerous creatures inhabiting the abandoned mine (very likely), but in the same vein, the lack of visibility could seriously hinder them as well. 

 

"Alrighty, so... anyone got a light? Or something to light this torch?" she asked, sauntering over to where the torch was mounted on the wall and plucking it from its place, "I know I'm fine in the dark, but I dunno how the rest of you warrior- and civilian-types'll fare." Her voice carried a much more chipper tone than before, and she had much more bounce to her step. Clearly, her earlier anger had waned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Adahlek was surprised. He couldn't see very well in this darkness, but he knew that voice anywhere. "Cirwen! When did you get here?" The joy of seeing an old friend was enough to get him out of his depressed state after the tragic loss of his dairy delight. Readying a flame spell, he fired at the darkened torch his friend was holding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

(Sorry kinda forgot to respond and stuff)

 

I pull out one of my emergency torch I usually keep with me. "What caused that fight, the cheese" I paused "I have never seen anyone get in a fight about cheese, anyway could you light this?" "Hey Bart do you know of there is any creatures in here?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

"Alrighty, so... anyone got a light? Or something to light this torch?"
Readying a flame spell, he fired at the darkened torch his friend was holding.

((may god have mercy on your roll))

 

[4]You cast too early and the spell flies far off the target, [17]but as luck would have it...

 

I pull out one of my emergency torch I usually keep with me. "What caused that fight, the cheese" I paused "I have never seen anyone get in a fight about cheese, anyway could you light this?" "Hey Bart do you know of there is any creatures in here?"

...it shot right into the torch Talen was holding!

 

Bart shook his head in disbelief for a moment, looking from Adahlek to Talen wordlessly. Bringing himself back to reality however, he replied solemnly to Talen "I'm afraid I've no idea. No word from this place for years. Sure to have become infested with all sorts by now though I'd think."

 

The small man from the bar, Mewtwo, who had been paralyzed before, stepped up. Under the light of the torch, you saw he was a Breton, with a sharp nose and small mouth, twisted into a toothy frown before speaking. "I'll give it a look. I'm a dab hand at mysticism I'll have you lot know. Just a sweep of my hand and I can have this whole place lit up for me like a city, showing me any and all who lurk in the dark.", he said, showing a sickening grin of self satisfaction. He gave a quick hard look at Talen, in challenge for his earlier slip in letting himself be paralyzed by a novice.

 

He walked forward and swept a hand in front of him, muttering some spell. [6]Adahlek leaned over to see if he could figure what sort. From the way he moved, it looked like a Mysticism sort of trick, but the words were unfamiliar to him. Lowering his hand, he hesitantly turned back to the group and said "Well... There are some out there, that's right. Only ever above though. Way up in the room ahead of us there's a one, though I can't say what." he said, almost uncertainly. After a moment, he stood up a little straighter and gestured to Toad and Haruk. Toad was Imperial, Haruk was a large Orc, and not one of the cleverer ones who might make up for their hot-blooded anger with good sense. He seemed attached to Toad and Mewtwo in some way though. Toad was maybe in his late 30s or older, a bit scarred, with a large forehead, from the thinning of hair. He has fairly pronounced laugh lines around the eyes, quite in contrast to the stern expression he wore as he walked past the group toward Mewtwo, only looking ahead.

 

Haruk stopped up beside him, awaiting any further command, and glancing back to the group, and Toad stopped on the other side of Mewtwo, turning a little but not looking back at them. Mewtwo gestured to the group to come ahead, and you did.

 

Walking through the mine, eventually Talen had given up the torch to Haruk. The individual areas of the mine were quite large, with walls all around supporting the roof of the mines, but blocking off a lot of the surroundings. None of you hear anything, and neither does anyone else, and as Mewtwo assures you, there aren't any creatures nearby, alive or otherwise.

 

Passing into another area a little further up, there's a rumbling sound and a gaping hole opened up in the floor, and Bart Ender fell through with all the rocks and dirt, down into the level below. You peer down through the hole and see him writhing on the floor below, only vaguely seen in the dark. A red glow flickers below, and the light of a torch shines on his face, and you can hear the sound of goblins speaking. You give Mewtwo a sharp accusing look, to which he protests "I never said anything about below!"

 

Haruk is hopping from foot to foot anxiously and indecisive, but is quickly stopped by Toad, who realises the danger, considering the unstable floor beneath them. Mewtwo seems anxious as well, but seems to be pulling back a little. Toad's expression is almost totally unchanged, and he watching you all closely.

 

 

>Bart Ender is lying hurt on the level below. You can try and help him or you can move on. Depends really if you want to avoid confrontation here right now. How do you want to do this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Oh no.

 

Cirwen may be a theif and jerk sometimes, but she was not going to leave an innocent man to his death. Especially one that had helped her. She quickly examined the hole; with her acrobatics prowess, she could easily hop down there and land safely. She readied her bow and shot a look at Adahlek, though the message was clear to the rest of the group as well.

 

"I'm heading down there. I'm not leaving him to die. But I'll need you guys' help," she said quickly, almost too quick to catch, "An archer's useless if she's getting slaughtered at close-range."

 

Cirwen dropped down through the hole, ready to fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Adahlek's conscience tells him to jump down with his friend Cirwen to defend the incapacitated barkeep. As he wields his mace, he is suddenly aware of the meaning of Bart's name. Adahlek always liked to fight with a smile on his face....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

((Mine your class Shrubs, you're a Spellsword, who don't have proficiency in Blunt weaponry like maces. But I can just switch it out for your Blade skill though if you'd prefer to use maces and clubs.))

 

Adahlek and Cirwen drop into the area below, finding themselves surrounded by 3 goblins. One of them is standing back with a bow and arrow, while another wields a dagger, and the third pretty much unarmed, only holding the torch.

 

Talen follows as well.

((because I am going to move you all as a group unless you express interest to split up in a certain way for whatever reason, so majority vote wins, and you're all down here together.))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Cirwen's eyes darted between her potential targets. It would be wisest to take down the archer first. She quickly drew and notched an arrow; she took aim at the archer and let the arrow fly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

"I may be the shy type but when it comes to monsters i'll go into a fury" I pull out my ebony dagger once more and go towards the goblin with the dagger. "Hey Cirwen mind your arrows im going in!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

((sorry, I was under the impression that "spellsword" worked with all 1-handed weapons))

 

 

Adahlek looked in the direction of the source of light. The goblin with the torch. Might as well take a swing at him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Cirwen's eyes darted between her potential targets. It would be wisest to take down the archer first. She quickly drew and notched an arrow; she took aim at the archer and let the arrow fly.

"I may be the shy type but when it comes to monsters i'll go into a fury" I pull out my ebony dagger once more and go towards the goblin with the dagger. "Hey Cirwen mind your arrows im going in!"

((sorry, I was under the impression that "spellsword" worked with all 1-handed weapons))

 

 

Adahlek looked in the direction of the source of light. The goblin with the torch. Might as well take a swing at him.

((forgot about that from Skyrim. I'll go with the one-handed rule for Blade/Blunt users. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense anyway that someone who can swing a blade shouldn't be able to hit people with a metal ball on a stick really hard))

 

[15]Cirwen launches an arrow at the goblin, and it gets him in the neck, and he falls hard to the ground, [6]but not before the goblin looses his arrow, which narrowly misses her and sticks in the ground not a foot from where Bart lay.

 

Meanwhile, [17]Talen swooped past them both, and took a first swipe at the goblin, slashing it's cheek, catching it unguarded. [19]The goblin rushed to make a counterattack, bringing down it's dagger as if it were a sword, but Talen managed to make an agile grab for the goblins left arm, pushed the goblin's right shoulder, and tripped it onto it's back with a swift kick to the back of the shins. Winded, the goblin writed on the floor, until Talen dropped upon it, thrusting his ebony dagger into it's chest.

 

The goblin holding the torch, on the opposite side of the group from the other two, stands holding the torch, a bit vacant, seeming to think that he hadn't been noticed, despite the light source. [12]Adahlek turned on it quickly, and knocked it in the thigh, and it stumbled to the floor, torch still in hand. [11]The goblin threw the torch at Adahleck from it's position, crouching on the floor, but Adahlek wasn't fazed, and proceeded to take out the goblin once and for all.

 

The chaos of the battle ended as suddenly as it had begun, the three of them working beautifully as a team to dispatch the goblins and keep Bart from harm.

 

Bart groaned and moved to get up, but found his leg wouldn't respond, and instead lay trembling in front of him. He wasn't paralyzed at least, maybe just a broken bone.

 

Mewtwo and the group above entered the room from a door way off to the left of the group on the same level, apparently deciding to make their way to the battle via the scenic route. As Mewtwo ran forward toward the group, rummaging in one of his bags, "I swept the areas ahead, we're all clear to get back up to the next level without any more hassle." 

 

Mewtwo rushed up, taking a bottle out of his bag. He gave a quick look at Bart's state and said quickly, almost like an order "I'll give him one of these to restore his strength, if any of you can deal with the physical wound with restoration magic, get to it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

(I know I have a Assassin class but anyone in Oblivion/Skyrim can use magic but not as well as a mage may be)

 

"I know a healing spell but its not very strong." I use the spell on Bart to help heal his leg. "Hopefully your leg will be fixed but I'm not entirely sure." "By the way good fighting out there, its been too long since a good fight!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

"Best let Adahlek handle it," interjected Cirwen, "If memory serves, he's pretty handy with the restoration school. I don't want anything getting helaed weird or something."
 
She kept her bow handy, just in case, and instinctively paced around the area a bit. She could never be not busy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Cirwen was right, Adahlek had healed more than his fair share of wounds on the battlefield, almost as many as he had caused.

 

"I'll handle this," he said, readying a healing spell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

(I know I have a Assassin class but anyone in Oblivion/Skyrim can use magic but not as well as a mage may be)

 

"I know a healing spell but its not very strong." I use the spell on Bart to help heal his leg. "Hopefully your leg will be fixed but I'm not entirely sure." "By the way good fighting out there, its been too long since a good fight!"

"Best let Adahlek handle it," interjected Cirwen, "If memory serves, he's pretty handy with the restoration school. I don't want anything getting helaed weird or something."

 
She kept her bow handy, just in case, and instinctively paced around the area a bit. She could never be not busy.
Cirwen was right, Adahlek had healed more than his fair share of wounds on the battlefield, almost as many as he had caused.

 

"I'll handle this," he said, readying a healing spell.

Eager to try his hand at the art of magic, Talen offered his help, but was dismayed when turned away quite bluntly by Cirwen, who instead passed the job onto Adahlek, who had greater skill in the field of restoration. Talen decided to at the very least watch Adahlekat work, and learn what he could by observation. He pondered on his many skills, and thought how he might use his skills for the sake of the group in future, and thought perhaps he could supply poisons or potions to help his comrades, using his proficiency in Alchemy, where neither Cirwen or Adahlek were particularly skilled.

 

Cirwen walked around, peering into the darkness, tracing the walls to get a feel for the surroundings, while Adahlek went to work healing Bart's wound. He healed it up well enough that he could stand, and with help of Mewtwo's potions, recovered his will and energy to get up and move on.

 

((I'm no longer going to roll for spells and the like, where they're only being used for practical use like healing and lighting torches, as long as the school of magic is something on your skill list. I'm only going to roll and take control of the narrative and make rolls when it comes to things where you're interacting with NPCs, or making moves outside of your chosen skills. That means that next time you decide to do something like pick a lock (granted to have "security" in your skill list, there's no need to say "I attempt the lock" or anything, unless I give you a heads up that the lock is particularly difficult, or you're going to try and do something outside of your skillset, like Talen attempting Restoration magic.

 

I'll allow you to train skills that you don't have listed, and I'll decide at a point whether or not I'll allow you to have it as a free skill. For example, I've started writing in that Talen is watching Adahlek work, and after a time I'll decide that Talen gradually gets better at restoration, and can use it freely, like Adahlek. Same goes for any skill you want.

 

I hope this will allow everyone to proceed a bit more naturally without my help. You can RP talking (with each other, or NPCs through me) and actions like lighting the torches without having to require my permission. Battles will go through me though, so I can roll for enemies, and see if they can dodge you. But I wont have you messing up and dropping your weapon when you're attacking with weapons your class shows you to be skilled with.

 

We'll see how it works out.

 

Here are you classes, so you can have a look again at what your characters can do.

Soggy: Talen, Assassin: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Classes#Assassin

Treemo: Cirwen, Thief: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Classes#Thief

Shrubs: Adahlek, Spellsword: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Classes#Spellsword

))

 

Haruk got a nod from Toad. As if finally given permission, Haruk stumbled forward, and held Bart's arm, seeming intend on offering support for the kindly bartender. "No help needed, I'm feeling great as is," he said shaking his free hand in an irritated fashion. "Thanks a lot for your help everyone, you fought well there. And you three... thanks for the potions." Bart looked over to Cirwen, who had turned to look at them but was still off to the side of the bulk of them. "So, what did you find on your way here, back the way you came? Got the way back?"

 

"The direction we were headed lead us down here. No use going back there unless we want to end up where we came," Mewtwo told him.

 

Cirwen directed their attention to a corridor pointing off in a direction they hadn't been before, and the faint view of an upward slope in the corridor. Deciding it was likely the best route for them, they set off and up the slope. It seemed like a fairly new one. As if they'd created a route from one of the much higher levels and connected it down to one of the lower ones in order to reach the bottom of the mine more quickly. The air got fresher as they rose, and they hadn't realised before how suffocating it had been in the deep of the mines before, until they'd come closer to the surface.

 

Finally the corridor let out in an area with empty burlap sacks and carts. It had the look of a place where a lot of things had been gathered, rather than a place of work. Perhaps where they kept what they dug out of the lower levels, back down the long staircase you just left behind. There was the babbling nearby of several voices. Grating and slimy, the voices of goblins, scraping bones eating, surrounding a fire.

 

The only way to go was through the room with the fire and the goblins. You wouldn't go back the way you came. In this infernal game of snakes and ladders, it was the greatest ladder of them all in this maze of rooms, and you weren't going to go back and try your luck at finding a longer, potentially much more dangerous, route back to this height.

 

But you have the element of surprise on your side. Talk between yourselves on what you think you should do, and prepare yourselves for a battle. Decide on whatever you like, drastic or ridiculous, whatever you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.