Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ACEN 2013 Pictures and Discussion

21 posts in this topic

Posted

So I just dropped off everybody at the bus station and now I actually have time to get on my computer and post all of these pictures I took from various photoshoots at Anime Central in Chicago. Hopefully t1g, saha, and chimetals will post their stuff too, since there was no way I could get to everything. My feet are killing me after all the cosplay gatherings I walked to (not to mention walking the whole vendor hall probably 6 times or more).

Its taking a loooooong time to get these things on imgur for some reason even though made them very small filesizes, so I'll post more as I get them organized.

Starting off with various stuff that I bought.

VuLVmevl.jpg

My glorious pile of hats (One Piece straw hat, League of Legends Teemo hat, Adventure Time Jake hat). Wore these all of friday and my neck hurt so bad because i had to keep looking down to keep them on.

9bzA8xql.jpg

Special edition One Piece Film Z Franky figurine. The movie starts off with all of the crew dressed in cherry blossom festival gear and there were ones for all of them there, but Franky is my favorite character. I tried to find a good Chopper figurine but it was either in specific forms or sold out :(

zXLR8XNl.jpg

Amazing LoL poster I found, it was set up in a booth that looked like this.

oIth6tUl.jpg

Mini Black Lagoon poster signed by Brade Swaile, the english voice of Rock.

Posted

The figure is cool :)

Posted

Yeah Franky is my 2nd favorite character within the crew. Nice grab! 

Posted (edited)

Welp, Brad Swaile's autograph somehow just fell off my shelf and got rolled over by my chair. Damage isn't too bad but I'm still kinda pissed. Ugh :<

I'm gonna try to just use imgur album titles/descriptions since I have too many things for just one post as pictures

Here are some miscellaneous cosplays:

http://imgur.com/a/HrqPD

Adventure Time cosplay gathering:

http://imgur.com/a/LTjpw

This was probably the best organized one I went to. Some girl dressed up as Harly Quinn was calling out characters, and despite the fact that we barely fit into the gathering place it was definitely the most fun gathering.

Edited by emsomniac (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Fire Emblem cosplay gathering:

http://imgur.com/a/2C0RB

There was also a kid donnel walking around (looked to be about 13 or 14) but I wasn't close enough to get a picture with him. I think we can all agree that people who cosplay donnel are cool dudes.

I have another three sets (One Piece, Black Lagoon, Psycho-Pass), but I've been on 4 hours of sleep a night for 3 days now and I need to go pass out.

Edited by emsomniac (see edit history)

Posted

Wow that's a good Soren cosplay in the Fire Emblem groupshot. :o

Anyway nice pictures! Are there any of you guys?

Posted

earthy has one of me, but we derped and didnt get any photos of me in the full catchers gear.

*edit* and im not finding any pictures of me posted by other people. like, eight people recognized me at the con, and i think i only posed for pictures four or so times. ill have to get my non-gear one from earthy, she took a pic day 1.

Posted

my loot, from least exciting to most exciting:

imag0258i.jpg

a set of multi-sided dice. i really want to find an excuse to roll them all at once. but the picture doesnt do them justice, as theyre a lovely shade of royal violet and red-orange/gold.

imag0263b.jpgimag0264iq.jpg

a pair of very nice kuroko no basuke posters, for a mere $5 each

imag0259s.jpg

please ignore my dumb sticker, i got a mini-poster signed by Brad Swaile also :3 Black Lagoon is one of the few dubs that im perfectly ok with.

imag0262mc.jpg

an absolutely wonderful figurine of natsume from natsumes book of friends. i went and skimmed some chapters to find that shot to link, and yes, i think i will reread it.

and last and best of all

imag0260v.jpgimag0261o.jpg

Brad Swaile also did the voice of Lan from megaman NT warrior, basically my favorite show as a kid (hell, i still love it). he barely saw the PET when he just kainda lit up with nostalgia :> hes a really cool guy, from what ive seen and heard from t1g, who went to a Black Lagoon premier thing, where he sat one seat over from brad, lol.

me: "you should prooooobably sign on the inside, since the outside is covered in nail polish"
brad: "thats nail polish??"
me: "yyyyyyyyyyup. i was a dumb kind and covered it in sharpie, so i repainted the whole thing. but the batterys dead, and no matter how cool it looks, the mechanism was awful for this thing anyway, so sign wherever you like"
brad: "so this screen is never gonna be used again?"
me:" yyyyyup"

he somehow managed it with a fat sharpie, holding it a few inches from his face and writing really, really carefully.

Sahaqiel and emsomniac like this

Posted

Anyway nice pictures! Are there any of you guys?

The only pictures I took of us I put in the post yourself thread if you haven't seen.

Posted

Ok, more cosplay pictures!

The One Piece photoshoot was great, especially when Usopp's VA showed up out of nowhere at the end:

http://imgur.com/a/kqB8m

Posted

Oh snap, Sonny strait. Dude's awesome

Posted

Psycho-Pass gathering was smaller than I expected, but they were all cool and did a lot of poses for us:

http://imgur.com/a/11HEf

Oh snap, Sonny strait. Dude's awesome

Yeah, he kinda just sauntered up after everyone had run out of poses to do, and yelled "I heard this was where the One PIece cosplayers were gathering. Oh by the way, I'm Usopp's voice actor." People freaked out and all ran up for a picture. Told us we were all awesome and that he wanted to see himself tagged on facebook in the picture.

Okay, last one is Black Lagoon. I was really impressed with Balalaika's cosplayer, and the makeup for her scar was done really well.

http://imgur.com/a/Mbl81

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

the three Ace's with Akainu.... I think he's Garp, not Akainu. Since, I mean, he's dressed like Garp and sitting the same way Garp does, (including in the execution scene)

Posted

the three Ace's with Akainu.... I think he's Garp, not Akainu. Since, I mean, he's dressed like Garp and sitting the same way Garp does, (including in the execution scene)

Whoops, yeah you're right, I fixed it. I was labelling that one kinda late and I was exhausted; for some reason I thought the Garp cosplayer was the same guy as the Akainu in the next one.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

ACEN was really refreshing for me. It definitely cleared away some of the ennui and stoneheartedness I've been feeling. I actually smiled so much my teeth hurt; I think my facial muscles were pressing really hard into them. I got to laugh and shout and do all the stuff I've been missing. I hung out with friends I can relate with and met some new ones too. I definitely forgot how magical these gatherings can be for me; how much that feeling of belonging really helps. I'm pumped for subsequent conventions and I want to work on my cosplays and apply for panels so I can be an even bigger part of these conventions, and I've definitely learned that I should never deny going to a convention with friends, as I tried to do. (thanks t1g for dragging me there)