Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ACEN 2013 Pictures and Discussion

21 posts in this topic

Posted

earthy has one of me, but we derped and didnt get any photos of me in the full catchers gear.

*edit* and im not finding any pictures of me posted by other people. like, eight people recognized me at the con, and i think i only posed for pictures four or so times. ill have to get my non-gear one from earthy, she took a pic day 1.

Julia found you so many times somewhere.

I forget where.

Posted

Julia found you so many times somewhere.

I forget where.

she should go re-find me. like i said, there were only eight people there that i hadnt shown the show to personally that still knew me. though one of them seemed to have a nice camera, soooo

heres the one earthy had of me in the hotel room:

dsc04966x.jpg

my wig was kainda really shitty, tbh. floofy with enough hair, but none of that hair looked like or did anything i wanted it to do. i was really glad that every single version of my outfit involved a hat, since it fixed some of the wigs innate problems.

also, earthy did a cosplay. i was in charge of trying to do something with her hair. first, a reference picture (earthys character, philip, is on the left):

2377191-tumblr_m4emqrinyf1qcqriwo1_1280.

and then earthy and her friend posing as those characters (the guy on the right is just posing with her, hes not in an outfit)

dsc05012u.jpg

that floof look was what her hair looked like after i attacked it for idk how long with hair spray, hair gel, and a straightener. every time, it just kainda went dead straight afterwards, until i had her turn her head horizontally and just nuked it with spray. it was a little more dramatic earlier in the day (this was taken at night) but im still proud of myself, as i dont actually have any experience whatsoever in messing with other peoples hair.

also, fyi, because the series is a live action one (kamen rider) the characters outfits change from ep to ep and whatnot, so the striped shirt being a different color doesnt mean jack shit. she also has paperclips in her hair (the alligator style ones) and bought the belt at the con that day. kamen rider belt toys always impress me, because theyre so goddamn fully functional and the sounds are just so spot on that im just ksdkjsbfks but i digress.

emsomniac likes this

Posted

I saw two kids, about 8 and 10 years old, cosplay as Kamen Riders, the older one from W and the younger from OOO. They had the belts and wardrobes and everything. so cute. I took a picture of them and told them their belts were awesome, and their mom was like "actually they are their dad's belts, but he's too fat to wear them." hahaha

I loved Kamen RIder W.

Posted

oh man, sayuri found a picture of me in full catchers gear.

fullgear.jpg

i of course decided to wear all that on the day that i had the most panels and photoshoots to go to, and my feet still kainda hated me from friday (this was midday to afternoon saturday) and i still havent figured out how to get those shinguards to not suck when walking (you can see how theyre twisted in the picture). then again, you arent exactly supposed to hoof it around the field in catchers gear, so i suppose i was asking for it a bit.

emsomniac likes this

Posted

you're always asking for it

Posted

I'm wondering how you actually managed to find that, I looked for quite a while on monday and didn't find anything. Maybe it just took them a while to put it on the internet :/