Steven Universe

220 posts in this topic

Posted

Pilot was missing afros, so clearly it was inferior

Posted

It's not even really the characters themselves as much as the world around them. Like the two big ones are Garnet and Amethysts weapons. Garnet had these really cool Golden gauntlets, and amethyst had a light whip. Then in episode 1 proper the gauntlets got big, blocky and pastel-y and now the whip is sort of like a thorn whip with several tails. They almost feel kinda...nerfy? But I guess that's probably easier on the animators and much easier for toys, so its not something I begrudge them. And that is a very minor gripe. Didn't stop me from watching 10 episodes in a row.

Posted

Now about 70% through season 1. Great show. Last thing that happened was the Mirror Gem/Lapis Lazuli episode. Some interesting implications there

Posted

I think Pearl is my favorite gem

Posted

Mirror/Ocean Gem is where I really started to get interested in the show yeah.

Posted

I'm entirely caught up. I had watched the pilot a while back, and had always thought the show looked pretty interesting. It wasn't until SU was becoming super popular on tumblr and I saw some stuff about one of the later episodes that I decided to start watching - and then I fell in love with it.

I like all of the gems, but I think I generally consider Pearl to be my favourite.

Posted

Everything that comes out of Garnet's mouth is gold

Vio Milanor likes this

Posted

I'd really love to see a Clarence/SU crossover lol

Posted

And then steven created a race of melon people.

T1g likes this

Posted

On the Steven Universe Wikipedia page, List of episodes

Super Watermelon Island[75]"
TBA
TBA
TBA
TBA
Steven finds the watermelon Stevens he created in the episode "Watermelon Steven"

Posted

I kinda got spoiled as to Garnet's origins, but I will say, it does give an interesting insight in this Stevonnie episode.

T1g likes this

Posted

Garnet's secret is incredibly obvious in hindsight

Posted

Yeah. It hasn't massively detracted from the experience or anything though. If any thing, only added some interesting context

Posted

THIS IS MY HOLE, I CAN FEEL IT

Vio Milanor and Knuckle like this

Posted

And that's season 1 finished. Jasper was a fantastic villain. I hope she stays trapped for a season or 2, it'll make it all the better when she makes her grand return. In the mean time Peridot and...Yellow Diamond? I assume thats the Ruler of the Gem homeworld.

Gonna watch something else for a little while and then get started on season 2. Probably when they get off of hiatus

Pizzza likes this