Steven Universe

220 posts in this topic

Posted

tumblr_nql9a8gxnF1usb5cco1_540.gif

Posted

Yeah the show has a stellar story but once it's been told I hope they end the show. Before it dies a slow painful death on it's own.

Yeah this is definitely my fear.

Posted

Spoiled some SU stuff by watching recordings from comic con. No regrets. Just be wary of SU spoilers till the stevenbomb

Posted

Thanks for the heads up!

This may interest some of you *coughtetocough*, Volume 1 of the Steven Universe comic comes out in paper back on July 28th (my birthday lol). Here is the Amazon link, for you guys who don't have nearby extensive comic book stores. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1608867064/ref=pd_rhf_gw_s_cp_1?_encoding=UTF8&pf_rd_i=&pf_rd_m=&pf_rd_p=&pf_rd_r=13S6FN6KPTA2BWVQFAEF&pf_rd_s=recent-history-footer&pf_rd_t=gateway

It's in the same vein as the Adventure Time main comic, as it features original stories. The individual issues were split into the main author and artist's story and guest authors/artists stories. The Adventure Time volumes, at least 1 and 2, DID NOT INCLUDE THE GUEST STORIES, so I'll assume Steven Universe vol. 1 won't either.

The main story features really cool and fun art- just pulled this pic off Google for example

dddc6925c17fef29fa02302709d86cc0.jpg?h=8

But the lack of the guest stories is really a bummer. At least in the Adventure Time comics, they were much more surreal and featured so many different types of artists and stories. For AT, the guest stories were eventually collected into separate volumes as well, and referred to as "B Sides". I'll be keeping my eye out for a similar collection for Steven Universe.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

HAHAHA WE HAVE FUN HERE ON STEVEN UNIVERSE NO IM NOT CRYING

pheonix561 and Knuckle like this

Posted

Just watched the new episode with my nephews. I won't spoil it (yet) but tumblr will have a FIELD DAY with it

Posted

Okay so, once Sardonyx showed up I honestly thought it was janelle monae voicing her. I mean they already got two famous musicians to voice two characters, and like, I know more people than just myself put it together mentally that if pearl and garnet fused it would basically just be janelle monae, like, she's already basically a fusion anyways, and she's so dapper and full of pep, just rotoscope her in no one will even notice. Obviously it turned out to be someone else entirely, but listen to these songs and tell me janelle monae doesn't sound almost exactly like sardonyx:

Janelle Monae is awesome and I love her and she's basically Sardonyx anyways so hey

EDIT: Actually hey look at this an artist I like actually did some work of Cindi Mayweather as an SU character, so yeah I'm obviously not alone in this:

rFmCq5C.png

uXAs98D.png

b5P4d55.png

AurZjMo.png

Posted

I dunno who that is but good call for sure

nice fan character too!

Also i love the little messages hidden in those character turn around sheets

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Tbh I went to check see if Janelle Monae was Sardonyx too. You're not alone.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Paused mid episode to check it too. The impression was too strong.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I see a lot of people liking the green space dorito now and it makes me very pleased :D

Posted

I like how she went from being mysterious and intimidating to being the biggest dork on the planet

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

It's weird because she's such a huge dork but she's also tried to kill Steven more than any other bad guy so far. Then there's all those messed up experiments with gem shards that she's responsible for to at least some degree. It's another case of a comic relief villain that ends up being really twisted, and of course I love them anyway, as usual.