Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dark One sent me a thing and he's crazy

9 posts in this topic

Posted

So I spent from the morning 'til just about a half hour ago tweaking my browser, because if I'm going to operate on a computer given to me by a friend, I'm going to operate in style.

I was searching for a Tatami Galaxy wallpaper, because even just screenshots from it can be wonderful and magical. So this is the desktop.

SQX5g0Z.png

So then I was like well, I guess I better match it with a Firefox theme. So I made one based on another user's theme, made by a guy who goes by Tekkonkinkreet. It's like he's Teto or somn. Anyway, my customize version is currently pending an edit, so it'll probably look better later. But then I saw the Tab Group View button and I couldn't help but think it looked a lot like a tatami floorplan, kind of like in the Tatami Galaxy end sequences. I thought the same about the fullscreen button. So I researched into changing the icons into custom images. Turns out, it's really annoying. Mostly because the actual lines of code you have to use are hard to find. I couldn't find a list anywhere, so it was more of a quest to find out first how to even gain the capacity to code what I wanted, then it was to find the definitions for certain icons, and then various other CSS editing related nonsense, then I had to actually sprite the images I wanted. So it took like six hours. This is how my Firefox browser looks.

1gu9kIU.png

Ozu (the face on the left) is my Stop button. This is because Ozu is a meddlesome character. Watashi (the face on the right) is my Home button. He's the main character of the series. The green tatami icon is my Tab Group View button. The end sequence details small tatami floorplans expanding into large groups of them, so this makes a lot of sense to me. This icon is based on the floorplan on my desktop. The red tatami icon is my Fullscreen button. This is based on another floorplan in the ED. I recommend anyone to

just to see what I mean.

The buttons I made are strikingly similar to the buttons they represent, I think.

For comparison, also: jejBcrL.png

The gray clock is the Refresh button. In Tatami Galaxy, at the end of each episode, time rewinds two years after a short sequence of watching the clock tower's hands spin backwards. This makes more sense as a Back button, but there would be nothing for the corresponding Forward button. The hand positions are the same as when time first rewound in the first episode.

I removed the favorites star from my address bar, the magnifying glass and search engine icon from my search bar, and I've also removed the Edit and Help menus in the menu bar, for when I hit Alt.

Also notice, Akashi is pointing binoculars at the search bar. As if she's searching for something. lol. One of the pending edits is aligning her better with the search bar, so hopefully it turns out well. I think what I've got is pretty cool so far. I've outfitted this laptop almost every program that I use for productivity, and I've tweaked the settings to my liking. This process took so, so long. But it's worth it. Thank you again so much, Dark One. (: I will get to downloading Steam.

Dark_One likes this

Posted

Just updated again. Now my search icon is a Mochiguman, made even better by the fact that Akashi is looking at it through her binoculars.

Kesbfrg.png

Dark One you should watch Tatami Galaxy. It's awesome and only eleven episodes. (:

Dark_One likes this

Posted

This is awesome, Dark One, you rock pretty damn hard, omg. This means we can have big tf2 cuddle puddles finally omg

Dark_One likes this

Posted

Some Tatami Galaxy wallpapers (and other art that would be too small to fit a wallpaper, but they're cool anyway) I have that you could have. Though the one you have there is good, so I wouldn't think you'd switch to these.

http://imgur.com/a/xFBWK

http://imgur.com/a/eqGEv

The best of them though. How cool???

dS1EpLXh.jpg

bdLOvR8.jpg

U4rlk1A.jpg

But yeah, outside of that, that is way cool of you Dark One. You're not so dark after all <:

Dark_One likes this

Posted

Just updated again. Now my search icon is a Mochiguman, made even better by the fact that Akashi is looking at it through her binoculars.

Kesbfrg.png

Dark One you should watch Tatami Galaxy. It's awesome and only eleven episodes. (:

I sent my commentary on your little buttons to you on Facebook, but because I reckon I'm so clever, I'm going to post it here too.

They're neat
What are the characters the buttons for though?
Like are those home and refresh?

Because make Watashi refresh, because his timeline refreshes in every episode

Akashi could be home, because she's the one constant good thing in all his lives, and when he finally has her in the final episode, he settles. As if he was trying to get Home all the series, and he finally did.

And if there's one for bookmarks, Ozu could be bookmarks, because he weaves an elaborate web, and if I was him I'd need some way to organise my life. Bookmarks would help.
Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

This makes me so happy to see. :D

T1g, Dark_One and Padraig! like this