Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Game Of Thrones[SPOILERS]: The "Not the Books" Thread WITH HUGE SPOILERS

157 posts in this topic

Posted

If there's one thing in Game of Thrones you can count on, it's that peoples' missteps will always cost them dearly. Robb made a political nono marrying another woman, and he paid for it. Tyrion talked too much and that came back at him in the long list of witnesses at his trial. Oberyn was too sure of his victory and got caught off guard, getting outed in probably the most brutal way in Game of Thrones so far? Reading it is one thing but watching it is another thing entirely.

The bad guys are more careful and calculating, but even Joffrey paid for his actions when too many powerful people wanted him gone. Ramsay Snow Bolton will die one day, and that'll be nice.

Posted

This scene was nearly identical to the books. So when I say this, I'm not giving anything away.

When I originally read this scene, exalted joy turned to ash in my mouth. As it happened I just kept repeating, no no no no please no. The mountain just isn't human. To quote a friend, he is one of the only characters in the series that is completely one dimensional, and it's good in this case. The mountain is not a man. He's a beast. Which I suppose is a bit Ironic since The Hound is a very layered and nuanced character

Teto and pheonix561 like this

Posted

The way they shot that scene was a total eyesore

B)

Teto, Agent Zako and pheonix561 like this

Posted

The way they shot that scene was a total eyesore

B)

Took me a minute.

Knuckle likes this

Posted

Also while we're talking about episode 8 let's not forget Arya's reaction to hearing her auntie's dead.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Nothing in the series has really hurt me as much as that scene did. Not only did he lose, but he died. Not only did he die, but he was killed, like Teto suggested, in the most gruesome way possible. The Red Wedding did nothing to me, this did everything to me.

Despite all that, can't wait for The Evil Queen of the Vale, Sansa, to come into power. Petyr's reaction when she said "I have to tell them the truth, Lord Baelish..." His penis must've retracted so far, it still hadn't come back by the end of the scene. Sansa finally becoming a person felt so good though. She's better than Sam and Bran now.

Also, yes, Teto. I also laughed either when the guy mentioned she was dead or when I realized that The Hound wasn't getting his reward. And then Arya started laughing uncontrollably and I felt I had done the right thing. Poor Hound.

Oh, and Ser Jorah getting the ultimate cock block and friendzone of his life for his misdeeds. You couldn't see it in the show, but I can tell you he was wearing his fedora as he rode out of Meereen, "I... I was a gentleman... I... deserved her... ;~;"

pheonix561, Agent Zako and Teto like this

Posted

Oh dude, I don't want to spoil anything, but my friend who read the wiki and not the books because the wiki is just TOO FASCINATING spoiled a handful of things for me last night after the episode while we were hyped about it, and I'm not going to go into anything, but apparently what happened jorah was different from what happened in the books, and uh. Just. Jorah :(

Also, according to my older brother (this isn't a spoiler for any of us), Barristan being around Khaleesi was actually different in the books. In the books, he shows up at Danny's side but doesn't reveal who he is or anything, just some guy who's wise and good with a sword. Eventually he reveals himself to Danny as Ser Barristan and all that. Not really sure how that works out, but Jorah being revealed as a spy just happens earlier.

Posted

I thought Jorah the spy was book 5. I didn't think it was this early on. And Barristan Selmy's reveal was outside Meereen before they took the city I think? And yeah since Selmy was already shown in the TV show it'd be a bit silly to try and disguise him when he'd be played by the same actor and everything. You can get away with that in books but not so much in TV shows.

I can't remember much else about the circumstances of Jorah's exile from the city to explain your sadface, but if you mean you got his future plotlines spoiled then okay, I get that.

Posted

Yeah. I definitely should read the books.

Posted

I don't recall what we saw of jorah getting exiled being all that different, but its been about a year since I read storm and thats, I f I remember right, the last scene in the book.

Jorah Spoilers

So I have this friend who really doesn't mind getting spoiled a little periodically, said, "Man, I hope Tyrion escapes and then teams up with Jorah to get back at everyone, but I feel like thats unlikely" So I told him, thats exactly what happens, because it mostly is.

Posted

reminder that 'Jorah spoilers' entails book spoilers.

Posted

This thread is a show spoilers thread, as is described in the title, so any spoiler tag is of course from the books

Posted

Pedro Pascal on instagram and Twitter after the episode

3Oa329w.png

http://instagram.com/p/ov11YCnw-U/

Plus https://twitter.com/PedroPascal1/status/473288824781815808

This thread is a show spoilers thread, as is described in the title, so any spoiler tag is of course from the books

I imagine a lack of total clarity could make people wonder though.

pheonix561 and Agent Zako like this

Posted

God, Hafthor Bjornsson is such an intimidating man. Me and my fellow book-reader friends have had frustrations this season, but it's still been fantastic as always. So hype for next week's certified GoT-Episode-9 craziness.

Posted

3Oa329w.png

He-He's alive... he's not dead... he's alright... he's fine... ;~;

Cirt, pheonix561 and Teto like this