Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Game Of Thrones[SPOILERS]: The "Not the Books" Thread WITH HUGE SPOILERS

157 posts in this topic

Posted

You mean to tell me the giants sang?

Posted

Nah. Its just a song about giants. To my knowledge the giants never sang it. I think because they only know the old speech

Posted (edited)

I think there's still reason to be sad about show Ygritte's death. Yes, she killed civilians, and that's awful but so has The Hound, and who knows how many characters at the Wall, and it's a sad moment seeing The Hound on the brink of death, or men of the Night's Watch being butchered by wildlings. Murder is far from being a damning character aspect in Game of Thrones. Ygritte also saved Gilly, and didn't turn on Jon despite knowing he was a spy, until he left her. Sure, we as viewers still don't have much reason to miss her but with Jon being the main character of that arc, and a pretty cool guy, his personal loss should count as tragedy enough. I did prefer the book's detail of having her killer be a mystery and not someone the viewer can view as carrying out justice.

But as for this season finale, I feel similar to Necro. Loved the episode, but a couple odd changes and things left out of this season make me a bit nervous for how they'll be handled in the future.

Edited by Agent Zako (see edit history)

Posted

I thought season 4 finale was good, but definitely not the best episode of the season

Brienne vs. the Hound was some like noncanon matchup I didn't even know I wanted

Arya's sequence was pretty cool, though damn she got really cold at the end there

I was genuinely surprised when Stannis showed up

thank god Tywin is dead, and even Shae to an extent

Jojen dying was fine, he was pretty useless except for telling Bran what to do all the time

motherpuppying draugr coming up from the ground tho wtf

dany locking up her babies was sad

it'll be a good place to start season 5, but puppy it's another year so I'm gonna read

I'm also still numb from oberyn's death, I had a dream about pedro pascal the other night ;~;

Posted

enhanced-5130-1433974427-1.jpg

Posted

Heartwarming.

Necropolis likes this

Posted

had a dream last night. The new episode was, in the dream, the series finale. No more after it. They explained how they had reproduced everything the books currently had to offer, and therefore had no desire to continue making the show. So the episode started off like, RIGHT before a great battle, and they introduced a new character, who was a little girl like Aryia except not her. She was the true key to whatever GoT was "really" about. So the battle started and then, instead of watching a battle, they showed a party. It was all the actors dressed as their characters on set but clearly we were watching the actors and not the characters. It was an hour of "what if" scenes basically. I cant remember any of them but they were mildly entertaining at best. then at the end, before the credits rolled, it said on screen: Game of Thrones will return.... Never. Thanks for Watching.

Needless to say everyone on twitter was pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssed

Teto likes this

Posted

That scene with Shireen. I called it when Davos gave her the wooden stag but oh my god that screaming. Absolutely horrifying. I couldn't believe it.

Pizzza likes this

Posted

I know this is a spoiler thread so it comes with the territory but could you guys spoiler tag your posts so they can't be read in the sidebar on accident? I am only 2 seasons into the show and i know that the sidebar is notorious for spoiling things for forum members

Posted

Spoiling something doesn't spoil it in the sidebar. We should really think about modifying or excising the sidebar for as many complaints as it causes

Posted

Just bury the spoiler in "spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler" because the sidebar only shows so much text

Lol didn't work

Posted

just a temporary fix but you can minimize the sidebar for recent posts :o

you won't be able to see anything recent unless you just comb all the forums for new posts but you also won't see any spoilers.

Posted

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER BOILER TOILER MOILER FOILER QUILER I WAS BORN WITH A BUM KNEE CERCHACK I DON'T I DON'T I CAN'T AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALRIGHT THAT SHOULD JUST ABOUT BE ENOUGH I THINK PERHAPS.

I mean, I have a pretty clear idea of what is going to happen next episode. 

One, Cersei. Look to the name of the episode for that clue. 

Two, Aria. I don't know exactly how it will play out, but I have an idea of how her story ends, so I'm sure she will be fine.

Three, Olly. They've been dropping massive hints in a few episodes now. Honestly not looking forward to it.

Aside from that, I'm not sure what else they can fit in. Hopefully a bit of Davos and maybe some Ramsay/Brienne? 

If the ending goes like I think it will, it's going to blow a lot of minds. And break a lot of hearts.

Pizzza likes this

Posted

I'm sort of looking forward to the Dany plot next season now, which is not something I ever expected to hear myself say. The amount of burning about to happen in the sea of grass makes me hype

Also, you think we'll get the first teasings of Cleganebowl?