Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Game Of Thrones[SPOILERS]: The "Not the Books" Thread WITH HUGE SPOILERS

157 posts in this topic

Posted

One of these Clegane is not like the other...

Posted

Dude I really really really really thought though that

the hound was ded

and NOW I KEEP SEEING SHIT LIKE CLEGANEBOWL 

also puppy olly I am not impressed with him

Posted

I mean I know I'm supposed to root for Denice and Jonny Boy, but honestly Susan is such a player for top personal favorite character. She's definitely not a "good guy" but her motives are so pure and unfiltered. She's selfish, yeah, but her love for her family fuels her every move. It sucks that she hates Terry, cause honestly if those two could get along then there wouldn't be anybody to stand in their way. But that's just the way the story goes I guess. Adds an interesting spin on how we view her perception of family. He caused her mother's death and even further brought shame to their house. So yeah, I totally get why she hates him. 

I don't agree with Susan. But I do admire her passion. Which puts her on my top 10 coolest cools.

umlHarY.png

Posted

What season are you on now?

I get the feeling you or someone in this thread had only just started.

Posted

I think we are all current? I mean this thread is super spoilery, as said in the thread title. So I would assume everyone in here is up to date.

Posted

Dude I really really really really thought though that

the hound was ded

and NOW I KEEP SEEING SHIT LIKE CLEGANEBOWL 

also puppy olly I am not impressed with him

I'm debating on whether or not to tell you, you're about 2-3 scenes from basically understanding what Cleganebowl will be, if it is, but they might make a lot more fan fare about it... I'll just post two bits of prophecy they didn't put in the show.

They cut a small bit from the scene at the start of the season with young cersei and maggy the frog, where MAggy says, "Beware the Valanqar" Which is Valyrian for little brother (or sister, the valyrians didn't have gendered pronouns) and this is one of the things that's fed cersei's hatred of Tyrion. Always in the back of her head. The thing is, Maggy didn't say your little brother, just, "The little brother"

When Bran falls from the tower, he dreams a prophecy

He saw his father pleading with the king, his face etched with grief. He saw Sansa crying herself to sleep at night, and he saw Arya watching in silence and holding her secrets hard in her heart. There were shadows all around them. One shadow was as dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armoured like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them both loomed a giant in armour made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood.

That one can have many interpretations, so I leave it to you.

Posted

Fuuuuuuck the hype is real! I'm gonna torrent it tonight!!

Posted

I can't believe it. I'm not sure even those cast announcements can make me keep watching this show. That was terrible.

Posted

I'm on team white walker because puppy people

Posted

What, in particular, was terrible Necropolis?

Posted

What, in particular, was terrible Necropolis?

I’ll start with what wasn’t terrible.

The arya plot was good. It wasn’t identical to the books, but it doesn’t have to be, they just have to get the spirit of the thing, and this is very much to the spirit of the Arya plot in the books

The Kings landing plot was good…except for one small problem...

300px-Ser_robert_strong.jpgNote the lack of visible eyes? Thats because of a lack of a head

ONE JOB. Everything else in the Kings landing plot was good. Even Robert strong was good. Still hype for Cleganebowl, and if I hear its happening I'll catch up, but moving along...

The rest of the episode was mediocre to insultingly stupid.

The dorne plot was stupid and pointless. I guess the thing they wanted accomplished was to start a war between Dorne and the Lannisters. There is literally no reason for Jamie to not turn right back around and tell Doran that Elaria poisoned Myrcella, and I cannot believe that Jamie didn’t notice the weird kiss on the mouth prior to their leaving. Waste of time, and a waste of Jamie and Bronn.

The Wall plot twist is so mishandled it astounds me. This is the spoiler thread so I’m going to go ahead and say what happens, hopefully anyone who hasn’t caught up yet won’t see this in the sidebar. I can see what they were going for. They were trying to do a sort of Julius Caesar situation, but thats not how it played out. Jon is so puppying stupid to not know, “Hey, your uncle that died 4 seasons ago, we think he might’ve been in hardhome. Y’know. That place where everybody died” Can you imagine if Someone told Caesar they found Pompeii in the senate and he waded through a bunch of people to see a sign that read “Tyrant”. If it had just been the kid, or just Alliser, that would have been one thing, but that a bunch of people lined up in a conga line of stabbings is downright farcical.

Jesus Christ, I hated the Stannis plot. This is a franchise that prides itself on being a more authentic medieval fare than your typical sword and sorcery work. The fact that Stannis forgot everything about warfare kills me. When you’re afield, you send scouts out, about 10-20 miles ahead to make sure there aren’t giant puppying armies in a full cavalry charge. What you don’t do is blindly meander in no distinct order towards a fortified location on a high place able to see invaders coming miles away. The writing here is unbelievable. Cheaping out of showing us stannis die is not the kind of cliffhanger they needed here. The options are, Show brienne kill Stannis, or Brienne doesn’t kill Stannis because she needs him for something to help her save Sansa.

In general the distaste the writers seem to have with Stannis is beyond me. They cut out all of his redeeming qualities, except for the scene filmed entirely so that Shireen’s death is more shocking when it comes.

There is so little left of what I liked about this show. Its hard to justify continuing to watch

Cascade likes this

Posted

Well, we don't exactly know whose head is on the mountain's body, do we? In fact, isn't his new body made up of many different body parts? I can't recall. A head was sent, in the books, to Dorne, but we don't even know if that's his, as he never removes his helmet. All we know is a skull big enough to be the mountain's was sent to Dorne. And I doubt it really matters, which is why they cut out the filler in the show anyway.

I agree about the Dorne plot. They still can't seem to get that right. 

We still don't know what happened to Benjen. He could be alive, for all we know. He could be Coldhands. He could be a white walker. We really have no idea at this point. Jon was eager to see his uncle, and he trusted Olly. Plus, they've been hinting at this the whole season. It was pretty much a Julius Caesar plot in the books, too, if you recall. I actually thought this was handled better than in the books.

I definitely agree about the Stannis plot. Handled it rather poorly, imo. Though I think I read somewhere that George gave the writers the idea? I think they said that in the commentary after the Shireen episode. We still don't know how the book will turn out, so I would hold out on judging the show too harshly on that aspect.

I can see why Stannis would continue the march. He's not dumb, but (show) Stannis has invested too much to stop now. He still believes at this point he will win. Even will his horses gone and half of his men deserted. Though I can't for the life of me figure out why Ramsay wouldn't have killed him? Like, it was so obvious that ALL of his men are dead. Why wouldn't they have killed Stannis? It was just t.v. show magic, I guess. Use a jump cut and suddenly he made it, though wounded. Maybe they didn't find him yet? I don't know. Just dumb, imo. And Brienne obviously isn't going to kill him, though I wonder why they didn't show it? I think both book and show Stannis have more story to tell. 

Book spoiler:

I don't know, I liked it. Though I think it's partially because I know the books and I don't believe this to be the last we've seen of Jon Snow. If I was just a show watcher, I would be absolutely heartbroken/livid right now. Jon is a favorite character of mine, both book and show, so I want to see more of him.

Posted

Yeah, I've read the books, so this isn't a, they killed my favorite character now it sucks, thing. The head they send is puppying huge. I suppose they could have scoured the land for giants to behead and send instead of the mountain's, but its pretty rare. Its in part of the prophecy too. And its why Robert Strong's taken an oath of silence, because he has no head to speak with. Either way, at least leaving it ambiguous would've been nice

The foreshadowing was way too obvious, the kid glowered at Jon every episode. In the books, Jon is in the middle of a command, and then he gets stabbed in the back, and that's it. I'm not complaining that it happened, I'm complaining that it was poorly done. After all, they set up quite a bit of foreshadowing in the books about Warging, and with Melisandre being in camp, who knows whats going to happen.

And yeah, theres no reason for Stannis to stop marching, he could go to one of the other northern cities looking for troops, but those weren't set up in the show.

Posted

Like what the puppy was this garbage I just watched?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even know it was so terrible. Like why did Sansa kill herself just as her story was taking a positive turn? I swear to god next season will be a whole new cast of characters and like puppy this isn't Misfits it's not gonna work. Reminds me of the season 6 (I think 6) finale of true blood where lots of people died cause the series ended but nope they needed to do one more season and it was awful. Season 6 of GoT will be season 7 of True Blood. Like who the puppy does HBO think they are??

Posted

They didn't kill themselves. That scene was a bit poorly shot. The implication I think was that with the incline in the wall and the thick snow, that they were escaping not suiciding.