New Smashbros Discussion Thread

715 posts in this topic

Posted

Why don't we have a discussion thread for this yet?

I actually ended up missing all three of the displays, because e3 really snuck up on me, so I really don't know much about the specifics of any console other than that nintendo actually has a lot of really fun looking games I want to pick up one day, like pikmin 3, or the new smash bros, or monster hunter 4(was that announced? I'm making this thread before I've checked FOR NEW TRAILERS AND INFORMATION, MUFFIN), and so on.

But anyways, I thought I'd point out this highly specific information for the new smash bros game that was announced, with it's trailer below(Yeah the AC villager is confirmed as a character too if that wasn't 100% obvious):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xM9weAXCqxY#

Here's a screen cap, 58 seconds in:

tyckP3d.jpg

And now, here's a screen cap from chapter four of Fire Emblem: Awakening (This is not a spoilery image)

01EZSil.jpg

Arena Ferox confirmed for the new smash bros.

Does this mean Chrom is confirmed for the new smash bros?! Yeah, probably. As if he wasn't going to be in it anyways. Maybe the tactician too though? Who knows??? Nintendo knows. Ninteknows.

Anyways I'm pretty much just waiting for you guys to dump info for us to talk about.

Posted

The Villager was a surprise to me. I thought that if an Animal Crossing character was revealed, it'd be Resetti or KK Slider.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

Yeah it was weird. You're probably also going to be able to play as the girl villager as a palette swap like you can switch between warios, I don't see why you wouldn't be. Just throwing that out there.

Looks like its that first time in five or so years where we all stop and wonder who's going to be in the next smash bros! I honestly don't know if for pikmin it will be just olimar again, or maybe olimar with a possible louie palette swap, or maybe it will be the new characters from pikmin 3? Mysteries. It's probably just gonna be Olimar again though.

Actually, I think I'd really like to see "Monster Hunter" make an appearance. Of all the third party members that could be featured in the game, that one seems like one of the most appropriate to me. And I'm sure there's still a ton of people begging for mega man to show up.

Posted

video gaming is such an expensive hobby to be into

that's all I can really say about E3 this year

also pretty sure megaman was also confirmed alongside the villager for smash bros lol. Cello will be pleased.

Posted

I mean sure...

but Megaman is kind of bad....

lolol anyway I don't think Resetti or KK Slider would have been very appropriate since they don't demonstrate very many abilities. Were you being facetious?? Villager is nice. I do hope they have a similar palette swap feature for the genders. Also for Pokémon Trainer. I wonder if they're going to have some crazy plot like they did in Brawl. I liked Brawl's plot (admittedly mostly for the awesome cut scenes) but I hope they don't pull a dumb thing where some random character comes in (Sonic) and pretty much invalidates all the struggles of the characters up to that point.

Time to bookmark the Smash Bros. website for whatever daily leaks they'll be having in the first time since high school. Hopefully a turning-off-the-tripping option and more-emphasis-on-balance mentality. I wonder if there will be competitive ladders for 3DS? Or if the 3DS connects to the Wii U for some exchanged goodies? Time will tell...

But when Cloud Strife was in the video I was just like man Nintendo, jumpin' the shark here

Oh right, the other companies' E3 stuff. Well for one, I'll just say this, but MGSV's trailer pretty much blew everything else out of the water, at least in terms of its trailer. Everything directly after that (Sony's conference) looked pale in comparison, despite it being on the currently least liked next-gen console.

http://youtu.be/lQ8TZ4fRxFw

So I'm excited for that. Looks to be much more heavy than past MGS titles. A lot more heavy. And the cinematography is distinctly western. I wonder what kind of crazy thing this is going to be. `~`

Posted

800px-Zelda_KNT2_logo.png

There's your dark triforce fanboys.....now shut up about it!!!!!!

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

TRIFORCE OF DARKNESS IS CANON

PRAISE BE TO THE FOURTH GODDESS OF TIME

Posted

Link Between Worlds looks awesome, as does WW: HD. I hope they add more stuff to HD than just gameplay tweaks though. And why can't a second GamePad or even just a second player online be the Tingle Tuner? Hopefully those things will be implemented too. But I like the bottle concept.

I wonder what worlds will be linked in LBW tho. Hopefully it's not just a reimagined LTTP.

Posted

(I actually didn't realize megaman was already declared)

He looks like a really entertaining character to watch, what with the way he grabs people and stuff.

Posted

Remember, MGS5 is going to be multiplatform. So even though it was shown at Microsoft's show, it will be on PS4 as well. And KH3 and FF15 will be on Xbox One.

So, like this generation, it's going to come down to:

Uh, Uncharted or Halo?

Gears or God?

Killzone or Halo?

GT or Forza?

etc. Though, I still stand by what I said. Do not purchase an Xbox One because of the anti-consumer policies. 

Posted

I'm going to be really, really upset if there's a gears of war 5 and it comes out for xbox one. I'm willing to rent or borrow gears 4 one day so I can play through the campaign (hopefully before I go back to school so I can be done with it), but I'd really, just, really like to not have to buy an xbone just to play gears 5, if and when it comes out. Though, I'm presently just wondering where and when the game would take place in the gears universe. Whats the "God" option rivaling gears on the ps4? Are you talking about god of war or what?

Posted

Yeah, God of War. 

I don't begrudge you your choice in games. I've always LOVED Halo, and Halo 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. I also enjoyed Gears of War 2 quite a bit when it first came out.

I'm confident the Xbox One will have amazing games. That much is certain. But I cannot understand purchasing something that so blatantly disregards my rights as a consumer, as well as my privacy. It's simply not worth it to play Halo or Gears. All the third party games will be on PS4, and if you've never played Uncharted, now would be a good time to start. And the Last of Us is looking to be a 10/10 across the board. It currently sits at a 96/100 on Metacritic. 

I know I personally will miss Halo, but I cannot support Microsoft in this. They're wrong. 

Posted

WII FIT GIRL ANNOUNCED FOR SSB4

Also, Halo 4's story was atrocious. I don't have high hopes for subsequent installments.

Posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ8TZ4fRxFw

I truly just can't handle how hyped I am for this game. Like, sure, I thought Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Division, Watch Dogs, half of the games announced during the Nintendo Direct, and others, but this trailer and the original trailer are just making me want something probably more than I ever have wanted a game.

Like, seriously, I couldn't want this more, but Kojima will find a way with the next trailer/gameplay video for this game.

Sahaqiel and Chase like this

Posted

NO GUYS I AM SERIOUS

WII FIT GIRL FOR SSB4

YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME?

SxGOkgs.jpg

WII FIT GIRL

UCicGtL.jpg

WHIPPING THE CHARACTERS INTO SHAPE

AsetrZA.png

I know who my main is

"All of her moves will be fitness-based, making her a good pick against opponents like Bowser."

<Sahaqiel> Nintendo is hilarious
<Sahaqiel> I wonder if she'll be significant to the plot :3
<Nabe> Ahaha, Saha
<Nabe> I forgot these games have plot now
<Sahaqiel> "One day all the Nintendo characters + Megaman were doing pilates with Wii Fit Trainer"
<Sahaqiel> "When suddenly, tragedy"
<Nabe> She's exercising Wario
<gannymadeaclient> KING DEDEDE PULLED A HAMSTRING

<Ganny> That's it; feel the burn!
<Ganny> Let's tone up those legs

Teto likes this