New Smashbros Discussion Thread

715 posts in this topic

Posted

oh my god that's hilarious hahaha that stallman one made me die laughing oh lord

Posted

I thought they were serious and well thought submissions until geoff

Posted

So I added the smash bros dojo website to my bookmarks bar, and have been checking it every day since E3 nintendo. However, no new information has been announced on the main page. Is it supposed to/going to be like it was with brawl, where new content was announced every day? Or are they just going to give it to us in chunks via trailers? Whats the dillio? Can you observe my rhyme and check out my scenario?

Posted

They'll probably reveal more during their next Nintendo Direct, which I think is a monthly thing.

Anyone know when the next one will be?

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

hey so the smash bros dojo website was updated to mention that olimar will be making an appearance in this next game

what a shock right

Posted

So Marth was just announced as a returning character in the next smash bros game. And I have to say, I'm pretty surprised that's the case. It seems pretty obvious to me that if there's going to be another fire emblem character in the game it's chrom and maybe Ike, but I figured if they were going to bring anyone into the game with a moveset like marth's, it would actually be Lucinda. I'm sure there's a lot of fire emblem fans out there right now who are pretty upset about the switcheroo they just pulled on us and how we wont be able to play as Lucinda in the new game. Unless maybe we will as a palette swap or something? In the same vein that we can play as a male wiifit trainer? I'm hopeful for that.

Posted

What do you think of Mewtwo coming back? Since there's renewed interest in Mewtwo in the movie and X and Y?

Posted

I just realized that Mega Evolutions are probably going to be a thing for final smashes, and I'm sad.

Posted

Lucario would hypothetically just be doing the same thing but with a different skin for 2 seconds

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Why Marth. I mean, I kind of expected Chrom to replace Ike (though I like Ike more), but Marth??

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Lucario would hypothetically just be doing the same thing but with a different skin for 2 seconds

Wario-Man, but Lucario.

Posted

Why Marth. I mean, I kind of expected Chrom to replace Ike (though I like Ike more), but Marth??

Seriously man, I don't get it. I'll be really shocked if Lucinda doesn't even make an appearance in this game.

Posted

By the way, I found a post on tumblr detailing all of the alternative costumes that have been released for the next smash bros, and here they are:

tumblr_mw4j2n36ac1rnhj1uo1_1280.png

Link in his OoT Gettup

tumblr_mw4j2n36ac1rnhj1uo2_1280.png

R.O.B. as a virtual boy

tumblr_mw4j2n36ac1rnhj1uo3_500.png

Fox as retro fox back before they apparently retconned the fact that the starfox team amputated their legs

tumblr_mw4j2n36ac1rnhj1uo4_1280.png

Super Duper Evil Princess Peach of Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door fame (I am anticipating a Daisy costume but will be surprised if it has daisy saying anything)

tumblr_mw4j2n36ac1rnhj1uo5_1280.png

Mew Two in his birthday suit

tumblr_mw4j2n36ac1rnhj1uo6_1280.png

Mario as Doctor Mario

tumblr_mw4j2n36ac1rnhj1uo7_1280.png

Bowser from one of the side scrolling mario DS games when he was a skeleton, you know how it is, so edgy etc

tumblr_mw4j2n36ac1rnhj1uo8_1280.png

Mr. L here in case you don't want to play as that green loser

tumblr_mw4j2n36ac1rnhj1uo9_1280.png

Windwaker Link also in his birthday suit

tumblr_mw4j2n36ac1rnhj1uo10_1280.jpg

The Male version of the Wii Fit trainer

Frankly, seeing as how they kept the moveset but changed practically everything else about the character in the Trainer, and likely did the same thing for character costumes like Skeletal Bowser, I will be very, very shocked if Lucinda from Fire Emblem doesn't make an appearance as an alternate Marth costume. Shocked and disappointed.

SilverAlchemic and Teto like this

Posted

tumblr_mw4j2n36ac1rnhj1uo8_1280.png

Mr. L here in case you don't want to play as that green loser

This is all I need other than a Dimentio Assist Trophy :o

Needless to say I will be maining Luigi.