New Smashbros Discussion Thread

715 posts in this topic

Posted

Did anyone else notice how similar the menus in Brawl were to Kirby Air Ride by the way?

I always thought that was cool since it had a good menu layout.

Posted

I believe Air Ride had the same menu sound effects as Melee

Posted

Rainbow Road was actually shown with Smash Bros. while the plane level wasn't.

W6MrQVW.png

It's right there.

Frankly I'm more interested in the skyloft level they showed. They were shown fighting on different parts of the skysland thing in a way that wouldn't really work in 2d. Like Rosalina was jumping off the big tower that you play the harp in at one point, but later in the trailer there's the villager fighting on the opposite side of the island, on the underside of it. I can't help but wonder if skyloft will be slowly rotating and you'll just fight on it as it rotates? Different areas opening up as the fight goes on?

Posted

Guess I'm just dumb then, sorry.

Also, maybe it'll rotate to different parts of the stage and you have to get on Beedle's flying shop between each rotation?

Posted

That's interesting, I hadn't thought of that. Sort of like the super mario sunshine stage you mean?

Posted

How about different metroid characters. You could have a original metroid sized Ridley, and uhh... Other characters from..Metroid?

Posted

If there's anyone in Metroid who's iconic enough to actually show up in a game along side samus, it's Ridley. He's still not all that well known and he ended up being two different bosses in brawl, so I doubt he'll get anything more. I can't personally off the top of my head think of any characters who I'd like to appear in brawl, actually. Aside from Lucinda and Chrom, anyways. Seems like they got everyone off the top of my head.

EDIT: Oh right, generic Monster Hunter. I say "generic" in the same way that someone would say Generic Villager for animal crossing. I want that to be a playable character.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

He's not in Marvel vs Capcom. I remember looking up why he wasn't in it. It was something along the lines of "we want to keep the franchises separate". So I doubt it'd be in Smash Bros. but who knows?

Bandai Namco is developing the game I think. It was state that Bandai Namco characters aren't going to appear in the game. But I'm not sure if I believe that. I mean I'm betting Pacman has some kind of cameo. That's like THE video game character.

Also I'm hoping for Katamari's Prince to be a character. And imagine the King's head as a playable stable with his creepy eyes following you.

pheonix561 and PrimaGaga like this

Posted

add jojo to it because naturally that will make it better

Agent Zako, Teto and pheonix561 like this

Posted

He's not in Marvel vs Capcom. I remember looking up why he wasn't in it. It was something along the lines of "we want to keep the franchises separate". So I doubt it'd be in Smash Bros. but who knows?

Oh you're right, I just googled this. I had no idea it was an issue addressed in marvel vs capcom, but you're right. The producer of the series said a fighting game like marvel vs capcom wouldn't be a good fit for the hunter. Which means I guess there definitely won't be an appearance in smash bros. I figured if a series that was much more popular in japan than it was in america, like fire emblem, could get such a big boost from smash that it would suddenly become so popular in the west, maybe it could work for monster hunter, too. After all, Monster hunter is waaaaaay more popular in japan than in America. But I guess that's not going to happen.

What about a dragon quest character making an appearance? That series is so popular in japan that they actually have to release the new installments in the series on weekends so people all across the country don't call in sick to work that day. Think maybe some kind of Minstrel Class could be a playable character? Or at least a support trophy?

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I remember there was a poll leading up to Brawl of characters to put in the game, and Sora from kingdom hearts was pretty high up there

Posted

Sonic and Megaman have two of the most annoying and embarrassing fan bases of any video game franchise. Throwing Kingdom Hearts into the mix would be terrible overkill. Maybe won't happen because I would imagine the licensing of a character who only exists in a crossover game might be tricky. I don't really know about those things, though.

But in regards to Monster Hunter, maybe the Monster Hunter guys were opting out of Marvel Vs Capcom because their character would appear in Smash Bros. That's what happened with Megaman.

Ammonsa likes this

Posted

The difference of course being that Kingdom Hearts has had a good game in the last 10 years.

Knuckle likes this

Posted

MegaMan Battle Network 4 / 6

Mega Man Zero 2-4

Mega Man ZX

Mega Man 9 / 10

And none of the Star Force games were bad.

T1g likes this

Posted

Lol at no sonic examples. I'd like to think he's running briskly down the road set to a sped up Lonely Piano.

pheonix561 likes this