New Smashbros Discussion Thread

715 posts in this topic

Posted

I have the original Jump Superstars for DS. Always wantred Jump Ultimate stars. The new Jump fighting game looks cool too. 

Posted

So I just thought of a couple questions looking through the pictures they have for Little Mac.

1) Why does the Villager have boxing gloves? I don't remember this ever happening in Animal Crossing.

2) I don't get Little Mac's hulk-mode.

does he turn into a... Big Mac...?

bigmac.jpg

Incidentally, I watched Raging Bull recently and it's way weird that Little Mac was announced on the same day. I also think that Little Mac's coach should be on the sidelines like Pokemon Trainer was.

Knuckle likes this

Posted

Is anybody more excited for Mario Kart 8 than Smash bros? I am. puppying anti-gravity Koopalings ftw!

Posted

1) Why does the Villager have boxing gloves? I don't remember this ever happening in Animal Crossing.

I think that everyone, while on Little Mac's stage, gets boxing gloves. Which is cool and hopefully not just an item that The Villager just had during the screenshot.

Posted

seriously pheo if you want it that badly go play jump super stars or whatever the puppy its called. its just shonen jump super smash bros for the DS and one of them has DIO and Jotaro in it

I was not serious when I said that.

Also, I think marth's play style is fine and all, but it just bothers me that it's marth in this game. Spoilers for Fire Emblem Awakening:

Lucina impersonating Marth was a big part of fire emblem awakening, and more importantly, the fact that the main characters are direct descendants of marth, and they also use his sword? Why not just make the FE character Lucina? They don't even need to change marth's moveset. You can play your marth game, but you're lucina now. And replace Ike with Chrom. That's completely sensible, too. I know there's an ike descendant in the new game too, and if we're going off the logic of replacing smash bros FE characters with their descendants then we would replace ike with priam, but chrom makes more sense because he's the actual main character of the game. That and your personal avatar unit. Who I'd also love to see in the game, but that seems unlikely. Just put Chrom and Lucina in the new smash bros. We don't need marth.

Posted

*cough*

df8.jpg

pheonix561 and T1g like this

Posted

Seriously Little Mac has either super armor or insane priority on his moves its going to be so great

pheonix561 and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

His meter charged after Samus compared their heights because he's self-conscious, and it damaged his self-esteem...

Posted

That was a really interesting video. He looks like he fights a lot like how I like to play mario in melee, except replacing the mirror cape thing with stronger attacks and that special bar thing. Little mac looks like someone I'd love to try learning how to play.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

gosh Sakurai just keep destroying my dreams thats cool ;-;

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Skip to around halfway through the video.

Bunch of new stuff revealed. New characters, updated movesets, new play modes, new items, new stages. Get hype, sons of man.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted (edited)

Megaman's final smash isn't what I was expecting, but I do like the fan service involved.

Also kind of surprised they got rid of transformations, though I can understand why.

Edited by Linox (see edit history)

Posted

Still really really disappointed at the character roster. Things like shiek and ZS samus being their own characters now is pretty cool, but my god, replace marth with lucina and add chrom and the avatar. Literally the only thing I'm asking for out of this game is for them to be playable characters. Just do it Nintendo.