New Smashbros Discussion Thread

715 posts in this topic

Posted

The lack of Mr. Game and Watch displeases me.

Posted

You two are acting like there won't be more characters. They haven't even shown Ness, Captain Falcon, or Jigglypuff yet. Although, they said they wanted less characters than Brawl according to some thing I read and they're at 29 right now whereas Brawl had 35, so maybe they actually won't bring back Ness, Captain Falcon, or Jigglypuff. Ness and Falcon are guaranteed though... they have to be...

Sakurai, don't do this...

Posted

Greninja was a huge surprise to me! Im so happy.

Its funny how there are no form changes, except they added Mega Evolution.... So yeah.

Cirt likes this

Posted

mega evolution I'm pretty sure is just the final smash.

Posted

GRENINJAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

my bb

Greninja doesn't have a mega evolution, btw. and in his little intro he was ~~~~shiny~~~~ from what  I could tell

Also SUPER pumped for Rosalina and Luma. dream team

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

mega evolution I'm pretty sure is just the final smash.

No im pretty sure they showed Lucario's final smash and then talked about his Mega Form after. Not positive though ill rewatch. And they didnt mention Mega Charizard X but they showed him for a brief moment.

Posted

Oh yeah. it wasnt said that his Mega Evolution is his final smash, but it probably is. Just saying, still really similar to how Samus used to change form...!

Custom move sets are cool too.

Posted

Yeah, the custom movesets might make this a more deep experience. I love tweaking stuff for certain realtime strategies. And I can kinda' understand why they'd take the transformations out; this'll make it easier to try and actually balance a character without having to worry about balancing them with two movesets. But TP Zelda literally using something that ST Zelda would have to be inside... like, do they not get that the suit of armor is supposed to contain her literal spirit, and that they're not even from TP... I guess I don't have much to complain about since I was alright with TP Zelda -> Sheik, but it's just so weird and out of place since the suit of armor is in toon style proportions.

Also, it's cool that Wii Fit Trainers have the male/female model swap. Where is Villager's though??? Speaking of Villager, he makes absolutely no sense, at all times. Gyroid Rocket? Balloon Fight? Boxing gloves?? It's like they've never actually played Animal Crossing. And what does Dream Home even do? Damage you metaphorically/psychologically by making you spend every cent you own on an actually nice house? Net being a grab makes sense but I was counting on a tether grab with the Fishing Rod.

I kinda' laughed at the For Glory mode, as I'm sure we all did. Sounds really elitist; ok guys, no items, final destination only. Though I like that each stage has a neutral version, so we can have a change in scenery every once in awhile. As for funnies go, Sakurai had plenty. Like when the camera came back to him during the Pokemon part and a Substitute doll was in his chair, and fading ZSS to gray and being all JK about it. ZSS also, is just blond Bayonetta. They sexed her up even more in this generation. I was pretty uncomfortable in an "are you even serious right now" kind of way.

Anyway... I hope this is everything we've ever hoped SSB to be.

Cascade likes this

Posted

Yeah the hooker heels on samus was weird and unattractive. I'm okay with Zelda's thing though, since her and Link are kinda not entirely one single character, but rather represent a lot of characters.

Cascade likes this

Posted

They aren't "Hooker Heels" they are

ROCKET BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS

which are like the most awesome and unpractical thing ever

Posted

Am I the only one who thought what was basically the city trial mode from kirby's air ride reapplied to smash bros was awesome? I can't remember if I've mentioned that here already or not. I guess the 3ds version doesn't have room for a full adventure mode or something, so they just did that instead? And there will be something different on the WiiU? Maybe? I dunno, I didn't really catch that part of the broadcast. I was too hyped up from the return of city trial mode. Kirby's air ride is a really underrated game that deserves a sequel.

PrimaGaga and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

UwnM4d7.png

I was really hoping :( but now my dreams are crushed.

Posted

Yeah, especially since Skull Kid just does what Palkia does, only with darkening the screen first.

That doesn't even make sense. Why invert the screen? Have the moon crash on the stage or something. Goodness.

Posted

They aren't "Hooker Heels" they are

ROCKET BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS

which are like the most awesome and unpractical thing ever

they are for sure not boots and most deff are heels.

And yeah, Pheo. That mode looks amazing! Will probably be my most played mode.

Also, Kirby's air ride wasnt that great of a game, but it had SO MUCH Potential to be. Like, if city trial mode was bigger or more than one city. And if you could customize your star things. And if there were more than just 2 super stars that if you get the Dragoon one you probably just win and the Beetle thing one was pretty useless in most scenarios. 

Posted

I think the rocket boots are hella rad.