New Smashbros Discussion Thread

715 posts in this topic

Posted

Every once in awhile I run into one of these videos and it's pretty cool.

Turn the volume pretty near all the way down though.

PrimaGaga and T1g like this

Posted

Oh damn Marth turned that shit all the way around

Posted

I love how butthurt the Meta knight is at the end

PrimaGaga, T1g and pheonix561 like this

Posted

I never knew about this. It's a fan made Smash Bros Documentary in 9 (?) parts. I just started watching the first segment now, but i heard it was good so i'll post it now anyways.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

I guess I'm going to just put these videos here then...

This got way too intense. My frail heart can't take it.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

tumblr_n5nkyni9Kn1sntotwo1_500.png

This was the only thing I wanted announced for the new Smash Bros. since it was announced the AC Villager was going to be a playable character, I was pretty much expecting they would just make it male villager only, just like with the Pokémon Trainer in Brawl, so this is a nice surprise :) congrats AC villager you're going to be my main alongside Peach. can't wait to beat up Muffin with you!

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

I will only play as the most macho male characters and defeat you for the patriarchy.

FOR THE PATRIARCHY!

Haha, jk, I'll probably still lose. They'll kick me out of the Patriarchy Club. : (

Posted

I wonder why it took them so long to mention this?

Posted

Because of the recent SJW uproar about Nintendo not allowing gay marriage in Tomodachi Friends, they had to damage control major time and they immediately had someone make a female villager model. It's not even coded in the game yet, they just took a picture of it in a pose and pasted it on to that picture. Needless to say, it's worked wonders.

Haha, I'm joking again. I'm such a kidder I am.

Posted

Who knows, Pheo! I have to say I find it weird that it took this long for it to be announced that the female AC villager - who is a part of the actual AC series - was going to be playable in this game. But it was quickly announced when the Wii Fit Trainer was revealed that she was going to have a male counterpart. Who I am certain doesn't actually exist in the actual Wii Fit games, lol. Correct me if I'm wrong on that though.

I have no idea what the reason could possibly be! But anyways I'm glad Muffin has accepted the inevitability of him losing again. I can only hope the online features for this Smash Bros aren't horribly bogged down by constant lag though. That was just the worst part of Brawl. ):

Actually, that makes me think. What version is everyone going to buy? I hope some of you are getting it for the 3DS so I have people to play with u_u too poor to get a WiiU atm. life is tough

Posted

I am torn between the Wii U and 3DS version. Neither options seems ideal to me.

The Wii U version will be a fun party game, and Smash bros has always been a good game for spectators. So it'd be really cool to see the Wii U outputting some crazy and beautiful stuff on a single screen. BUT the controllers are $50 and you can't use GC controllers. And puppy using Wii controllers. I am not against using the Gamepad. I think I could get used to that for Smash Bros. Also, apparently the $50 controllers feel cheapish, and don't have much weight to them. Also, apparrntly the buttons don't "click". They're soft and doughy.

The 3DS version is going to hurt my hand. I just know it. It doesn't seem as much fun when everyone who is playing is looking at their own screen. And it's not as visually pleasing. I'll probably get the 3DS version though.

Posted

p. much what LL said.

Are you talking about the Controller Pro or something?

Posted (edited)

The Controller Pro does look like it'd be good. All of the negative things I said about it were based on multiple reviews. Apparently it doesn't feel good or worth $50.

Edited by Iargely Iegendry (see edit history)

Posted

I thought you were being mislead, LL, because I know the Classic Controller Pro isn't that much money. Then I looked up stuff online and found out that the Wii U has its own Classic Controller and it's $40 more??? Why??? Why, Nintendo. : (

The one on the Wii is fantastic. Made Monster Hunter Tri playable. I can't see why the new one would be bad, but it is Nintendo. They're really great at removing good features at things.

As Shaq has mentioned, they really need to keep a document of the good things they do.

Posted

I wonder if you can like, hack a GC controller to work as a classic controller