New Smashbros Discussion Thread

715 posts in this topic

Posted

You can probably mod controllers to get the feel that you want, but I'm not sure if they'd be tourney-legal.

I'm pretty sure I know what you mean about the soft-feeling buttons, though, because I've had a Classic Controller, and the buttons don't have any click.

Posted

I thought you were being mislead, LL, because I know the Classic Controller Pro isn't that much money. Then I looked up stuff online and found out that the Wii U has its own Classic Controller and it's $40 more??? Why??? Why, Nintendo. : (

The one on the Wii is fantastic. Made Monster Hunter Tri playable. I can't see why the new one would be bad, but it is Nintendo. They're really great at removing good features at things.

As Shaq has mentioned, they really need to keep a document of the good things they do.

Of course this is to say nothing of games that are developed to be played with multiple different controls while they work. I'm talking about monster hunter tri and it's multiple control settings, including the nunchuck controls which A CERTAIN FIERCE MUFFIN CAN'T SEEM TO ACCEPT THAT THEY ACTUALLY WORK JUST FINE AND THERE'S LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG WITH USING A NUNCHUCK TO PLAY MONSTER HUNTER TRI AND IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT WORK THEN SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG WITH YOU.

Posted

I might be getting the 3DS one, dunno.

Posted

I ain't got a Wii U so I'll probably just get the 3DS version. But yeah, I just know that the slide pad probably isn't going to be very well-suited for this kind of game.

Posted

I like how you guys are choosing between versions instead of just getting both. PEASENTS!

Posted

Probs 3DS for me too, since you know, no Wii U.

I should maybe get a Wii U someday. Plenty good games on it by this point that might warrant the buy.

Rayman Legends was fun when I played the demo in a shop,

Wind Waker HD because duh,

Pikemon 3 because Pikmin was pretty good when I played 1 a while ago,

Monster Hunter

And hmm besides maybe Mario Kart and Smash Bros, that might be it actually. Still enough, maybe.

Posted

Ike was announced! Which has resulted in eternal depression in people such as myself because now there will surely never be an appearance from chrom or lucina.

Posted

puppy Chrom Ike is better. But I would like to see Lucina.

Posted

Ike was announced! Which has resulted in eternal depression in people such as myself because now there will surely never be an appearance from chrom or lucina.

says you. there can be more than 2 people from the same game series in the game. Like Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede

Also, this is Radiant Dawn Ike, as opposed to Path of Radiance Ike. The difference? about 2 years

IkeFE9Portrait_Ranger.png

IkeFE10Portrait_Hero.png

Posted

Okay sure there can still be multiple people from one game. But frankly if there were going to be three people from one fire emblem game I'd rather it be chrom lucina and the avatar. It would still be ike and marth's control schemes, and then an all new fighting character who uses swords and spells! Though that might be a bit difficult to have for a fire emblem character in a fighting game to switch between books and swords.

Ike was definitely a more interesting character though. The latest fire emblem game may have had some really tight gameplay, but the story was pretty blasé.

Then again, for all the story that radiant dawn had, it still had the campiest ending line of any fire emblem game I've ever played delivered by Ike himself:

If you can play through all of Path of Radiance AND Radiant Dawn, back to back, and get to that line at 1:20, and not burst into laughter and cringe, I commend you.

Posted

Do yourself a favor and skip the intro and watch the entirety of this. It gets way too intense.

Posted (edited)

This summer I am going to EVO in Las Vegas. It's the Evolution Championship series. I am going to compete in SSB Melee. Maybe Project M. I've been practicing melee with friends. I promise I'm better than what you saw when we played, Saha.

The top melee boys will be there.

Link: http://evo.shoryuken.com

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)
pheonix561 and Sahaqiel like this

Posted

I like that the villager's alt design is Cascade villager

LyAjfjK.png

Or maybe it was customisable, but probably not.

Posted (edited)

I went to an event today where the game was playable. I didn't get to play it. But I will get to play it on Saturday. I also got one of the few Smash Bros. buttons that they had available. It'll allow me to bypass the line to play on saturday. All the other people got a Nintendo wristband that does the same thing. It was cool, despite the long line to play.

Not all the characters were available. I think I'll try Greninja or Villager.

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)

Posted

They actually removed edgehogging. That is so weird.