New Smashbros Discussion Thread

715 posts in this topic

Posted

What do you mean?

Posted

If you grab a ledge, and another person tries to recover by grabbing the same ledge, you are removed from the ledge instead of just letting that person fall to their death.

Posted

So you just snap off of it?

Posted

yes

You do what's most comparable to a wall jump off the ledge you're hanging on.

Posted

That's weird. Also, who are you guys gonna play with first? When brawl came out, I played with Dedede my first match.

Posted

I will unironically main Wii Fit Trainer

Posted

I hope the push-ups are an attack and not just a taunt

Posted

Just ZERO hype for Palutena. A waste a character slot IMO. Paper Mario, Katamari Prince or Mametchi from Tamagotchi??

But really, no one was asking for Palutena.

pheonix561 and Teto like this

Posted

I'm glad they're apparently completely doing away with clone characters now, though. Since they added the ability to customize a character's moves, there's no reason to add falco into the game with a slower, stronger, stunning pistol when you can just mod fox to play like that. And I'm sure they'll have custom character presets you can make, so you can have all of falco's or wolf's mechanics with none of his character model. Same with Marth for Roy, and possibly ganondorf for captain falcon, or visa versa, or neither or both because neither have been announced yet I think. So yeah, I really doubt we'll be seeing lucas if ness is in the game for that reason.

But yeah. Nobody cares at all about palutena. She certainly looks like a really interesting character to play, kind of like a weird combination of zelda and peach, but they could have done better.

Posted

I like heavy characters so I'll probably stick with bowser. Unless they bring back Ganondorf. Then him probably

Posted

I'd like to try the villager first. Pretty sure.

Posted

I don't know which character I'd be most interested in playing (as a person who has only played Brawl, at a friend's house)

http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/index.html#CharacterList

Maybe Greninja, Roselina and Luma, Wii Fit Trainer, or Yoshi.

Posted

Link, Ike, Palutena...ahem. 

Posted

I like Palutena...

But it's funny they go with obscure picks like that instead of folks like Ridley, who have been requested constantly from the start.

Posted

As somebody who's never played a metroid game, did Ridley ever have any lines or was he just a space pterodactyl?