New Smashbros Discussion Thread

715 posts in this topic

Posted

Ridley is like, Metroid's most iconic boss character. He's also sentient, and tries to hunt down Samus like, a lot. He killed her parents, and Samus kills him over and over again, but even after she destroys the entire planet that Ridley is on, a small piece of him clinging to her power suit allows him to be cloned in a later game, which triggers PTSD symptoms in Samus, because she just blew him completely up, what is he doing alive? He's resurrected through a bunch of means, one of which is just straight up sacrificing the flesh of the living, and turning him into a cyborg.

Supposedly Nintendo ranks him highly in their favorite villains, and he's one of the most requested Smash Bros. characters, and if they're willing to put Dark Pit in the game (which maybe that teaser was leading towards) or even Wario, I think Ridley should give Metroid more representation than two of the literal exact character wearing different things.

Posted

It's not like they're gonna add any of the cool bounty hunters like Rundas or Sylux anyway. Although, I do kind of agree with the people that say Ridley is too big, since he's never been less than three times Samus' height when crouching on the ground.

Posted

he was almost equal height to samus when he was first introduced

IKStIld.jpg

Besides, Bowser in Sunshine was the height of an apartment complex. Characters' heights are easily variable. They could DO IT okay??

Teto likes this

Posted

Ridley could be cool. Thenhis final smash he gets a robot transformation sequence

Posted

And Kirby is like, canonically eight inches tall or something. Olimar is also less than the size of a Duracell battery. SO IT COULD WORK, OKAY???

Teto and T1g like this

Posted

Yeah, they definitely resize the characters for these games, there's no denying that. Also, I mentioned on the previous page the notable lack of clones in the roster, so just like I doubt we'll be getting falco and wolf as playable characters, I doubt dark pit will be anything other than a pallet swap for pit, just like link had dark link. Even if dark pit is in the game, I sincerely doubt he'll be a standalone character.

Posted

Falco and Fox and Ness and Lucas can't even really be called clones anymore. Brawl was good about changing that up.

Posted

I will be really excited if Ganondorf is actually good in this game. Ganondorf is fun to play as.

Posted (edited)

I got to play the game last Saturday. I played two games. I picked Villager first, and kept doing his side B rocket. It was really hectic in the match. Two minutes with four people. I killed someone with my side smash, but I couldn't really see what it was. He was fun.

Also I was the person who got the smash ball and I killed a Link player. I built the house on him.

Next game I picked Bowser. He doesn't feel as brutal as he normally does. I'm used to him in Brawl and he feels really heavy and strong in that game. In this game, he felt weaker. In terms of sound effects and animations. I don't know if he is actually weaker.

The game, from my four minutes of experience, feels like faster Brawl. Not as floaty. I can also say first hand that I don't like the wii U pro controller, or whatever it's called. Not for that game at least. It wasn't terrible but I am really glad that you can use GameCube controllers again.

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)
SilverAlchemic and T1g like this

Posted

By the way guys, I don't remember if I mentioned this to you, but one of the daily images awhile back was a trophy of a character from Viewtiful Joe.

Huge implications.

Posted

Henshin a go go

Posted

It was a character from Wonderful 101 though.

T1g and PrimaGaga like this

Posted

oh right

I also forgot that lol...

WELL WHATEVER

Posted

im sure if you dream hard enough, the wonderful 101 will morph into viewtiful joe

Posted

I noticed the current character roster is at 32, or 34 if you count the miis having three different playstyles. Brawl had 35. Anybody think there will be a handful more characters announced for the game?