New Smashbros Discussion Thread

715 posts in this topic

Posted

That's what some people are saying, yeah. I'd rather not be skeptical about it (since I'm still hoping for Shulk to be announced, as that one guy who supposedly leaked a bunch of characters for SSB) but the release date is so close so mmmm I dunno. :s; I think the remaining characters he thinks will be in it are Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men?

Posted

Definitely hoping for chrom, and still hoping for a lucinda marth clone/skin even though that will probably never happen now.

Posted

I don't care if Jigglypuff, Wolf, or Metaknight don't come back. But I do want ROB, Wario, Captain Falcon, Mr. g&W, and Falco.

Still holding out for Paper Mario.

T1g likes this

Posted

Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon NEED to come back. They have been around since the N64 days

Posted

Ness as well is also an N64 veteran. I'm rather opposed to both Ness and Lucas appearing again though. Maybe if they replace Ness with Lucas? But that'd be weird.

I do like Ness' wonky combat though.

Posted

I don't care if Jigglypuff, Wolf, or Metaknight don't come back. But I do want ROB, Wario, Captain Falcon, Mr. g&W, and Falco.

Still holding out for Paper Mario.

I like Jigglypuff though. If they made her, like, not nerfed for no reason like in Brawl, and gave her a more viable moveset, that'd be great...

It's looking slimmer that GaW is coming back, since they just had him in a video and didn't even announce him as a character. Weird. Can't speak for the others.  I think ROB was one of Sakurai's off-the-wall additions, where Wii Fit Trainer has filled the gap. But I think it's strange that a memorial character (GaW) wouldn't continue on. He's a tribute to the late creator of the Gameboy.

Posted

Jigglypuff was OP in melee and then she was like the worst in brawl.

T1g likes this

Posted

good jigglypuff can turtle without actually turtling HOW DOES SHE DO THAT

Posted

Hungrybox's Melee Jigglypuff looks so annoying to play against. Her DI is insane.

Posted

THEY DID THE THING I WANTED THEM TO DO

CHROM CONFIRMED LUCINA CONFIRMED MALE/FEMALE AVATAR CONFIRMED

GOD CONFIRMED

Hlbi8Mv.png

bcKPWiR.png

YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW MY HEART SANK WHEN CHROM WAS LIKE "UUUUUUUGH I GUESS I'M NOT CONFIRMED" BUT THEN HE WAS THOUGH

HE WAS THOUGH

Sahaqiel and Cirt like this

Posted

As impossible as it is, Banjo-Kazooie would have been infinity times more interesting/unique playable characters than more Fire Emblem. I didn't even realise Fire Emblem was popular enough for five characters...

oh and of course Captain Falcon is back I can't believe some people actually thought they wouldn't bring him back for Smash lol

Knuckle likes this

Posted

His bulging muscles are even more distinct in this iteration. He's practically a Jojo's character.

Posted

As impossible as it is, Banjo-Kazooie would have been infinity times more interesting/unique playable characters than more Fire Emblem. I didn't even realise Fire Emblem was popular enough for five characters...

oh and of course Captain Falcon is back I can't believe some people actually thought they wouldn't bring him back for Smash lol

[i hasn't played the 3ds game.

Also Pheo, you owe him 15$. Chrom was NOT confirmed. Check the website. I believe he is part of Robin's final smash

Posted

A. The bet was $15 if banjo was confirmed or $15 if chrom was confirmed, no money would exchange hands if neither was confirmed.

B. Bullshit he's confirmed they specifically said he was in the game if he's somehow not a playable character now I'm gonna be pissed

Posted

Check. The. Website.

Incidentally, I find Robin to be an interesting choice, and I find the fact that the tome has weapon durability to be hilarious. I also noticed female robin did not have the levin sword, not sure what that was about

Oh, I'm also worried Lucina is just a Marth clone, although it's probably a "clone" in the way falco is