New Smashbros Discussion Thread

715 posts in this topic

Posted

SSE was pretty bad though. Everybody was kinda hoping for an improved version, but it seems Smash Tour replaced it. And Smash Tour is not really fun...

Posted

Smash tour didn't replace it. They didn't replace it at all. They just removed it. Because everyone said they thought it was dumb, they decided not to devote the resources into making more

This game has more content than brawl, in literally every catagory besides the lack of an adventure mode

Posted

Gotta admit, as cool as the adventure mode seems to be the first time through, it's just kind of... dumb. They put all of this effort and time into what was basically a fully fledged high production game and nobody even played it more than once.

Conversely, Melee had a great adventure mode, in my opinion.

Posted

Gotta admit, as cool as the adventure mode seems to be the first time through, it's just kind of... dumb. They put all of this effort and time into what was basically a fully fledged high production game and nobody even played it more than once.

Conversely, Melee had a great adventure mode, in my opinion.

Pheo you do realize that it isn't too strange to assume that someone only plays a game once right

Posted

I was really hoping that there would be a melee-style adventure mode.

Posted

I was really hoping that there would be a melee-style adventure mode.

Yeah, pretty much that. 64's/Melee's adventure modes were great. I really liked the fun situations/levels it put you in. Especially the race to the finish/maze levels near the end of each. I also miss every character's unique Break the Targets course. Those were always fun as bananas to do, it's pretty upsetting they removed that in favor of three general stages that everyone uses. Kind of sad those are gone. Still, the game has a billion other things to do. Challenges are especially fun to do.

pheonix561 and T1g like this

Posted

Yeah the 3ds challenges are all completionist type things, but the Wii U challenges have a lot of stranger ones, like "Hit the sandbag between 1640 and 1656ft while playing as ROB" which was actually kind of hard to do

Posted

I actually really loved SSE.

I dunno, I'm weird.

Posted

Nah I liked SSE too. I really don't know what people were complaining about

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I liked SSE's cut scenes, but the levels and enemies themselves were just kind of bland and monotonous. 

Posted

Posted

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Cassandra likes this

Posted (edited)

We should have an Hnet tournament. Or just play in general

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)