New Smashbros Discussion Thread

715 posts in this topic

Posted

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEJvshbxwik

Smash 4 people are weird

Posted

lol I just saw that one. In the comments the guy explains that he used to get super crazy mad and break controllers, so here he hits his legs instead and runs off before he can do any damage.

T1g and LLmao ?✊? like this

Posted

740px-EPRKw1S.jpg

My dreams of Shantae being in smash bros, ruined :<

Posted

Rare expressed interest in working with Nintendo to include Banjo-Kazooie.

Why no Katamari Prince :(

Posted

Well at least I'm not alone wanting Simon Belmont

Posted

Is this an official list, or just something compiled by fans to help understand what characters are likely to make the cut?

Either way, I'm actually really excited to see Andy from Advance Wars in the "Front Runners" category! Nintendo is clearly aware that smash bros is a viable way to get people introduced in some of their lesser known franchises, so hopefully if Andy himself were to make it into the game as a playable character, that would light the spark to get another Advance Wars game in the works.

Posted

I don't know anything about the Elite Beat game, really. Doesn't it have a big Japanese following? 

With more variety in alternate costumes, I think the three characters could be alternate costumes of each other?? I had heard people wanted Elite Beat Agents in Brawl, but it would make more since in Smash 4 based on what I just said.

Posted

The thing about Elite Beat Agents is it wasn't released in Japan. It's basically the spiritual sequel to Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, which was only released in Japan, but with male cheerleaders changed to secret agents because here in America we frown on such things. So if they include them in the game, they'd have to do one of:

1) release them as the original ouendan characters, which will confuse non-Japanese players

2) release them as the agent characters, which will confuse non-American players

3) maintain two separate versions of the game with each region's characters, which comes with its own obvious difficulties

that and the EBA audience isn't too big despite its excellence (not sure about japanboys)

for these reasons I think that even if EBA is super popular in the vote, sadly, nin-tendo won't go with them. So I voted for Fi because I'm a gigantic manchild.

Then again, no one knows who Shulk is but they don't seem to have a problem with that

T1g, LLmao ?✊? and pheonix561 like this

Posted

Realistically, my money is on Dixie Kong or another female character. Maybe Mona or Ashley from Wario Ware

I think it's understandable to think that Zelda, Pokemon or Mario won't have a new character. Not this time, at least

(I keep adding to this post) I think Resetti would be a creative and fun character. He also has a weapon (the pickaxe). He could throw Animal Crossing items, and his special moves could be text bubbles that do damage. Maybe certain ones do more damage, like Peach's vegetables or Mr. Game & Watch's Judgment.

Posted

I can see why zelda probably won't get another character since it already has 5 in there, but there are 9 mario universe characters so I don't think it's too far-fetched. Not to mention they're still running on TP era stuff and have an entire newer console game to choose guys from. My bet is on Androgyny Link from the Wii U trailer.

From the list, Fawful would be super great but unlikely. The list reads a little like a fanfic, there are a lot of characters on there that barely anyone would recognize (but obviously the maker of the image would hehe). I think Inklings actually have a good chance because of splatoon hype, but I don't know how many people are voting for them? Same thing for abraham lincoln. Remember that at the end of the day they won't necessarily go with the character with the most votes, so I think Inkling and Abe would be good at least for branding purposes. WOULD PROBABLY ALSO BE INTERESTING FIGHTERS so that's not so bad.

As fed up as people are with Diddy Kong, I don't know if they'd love or hate getting Dixie. I'm a little surprised they didn't make her an alternate costume for him actually kinda

You know what would be really cool is if we got a weird character no one was expecting, like the trainer from Wii Fit.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Aw come on, no Knuckles? who will I play as then? :sadlink:

Posted

I'm optimistic about Andy, though. Sure I doubt many people are voting for him (I certainly didn't even think to do so) but maybe nintendo will keep him in mind at the very least?

Posted

what would he do, have grunts die for him while he goes and eats hotdogs with the other COs?

comic92.jpg

Posted

Wayforward is equally as down for Shantae in smash bros as I am. They are trying to rally people to the Shantae flag and even have color palettes drawn up for her

41419268f4a6425707c78cf6c74200e0_origina