New Smashbros Discussion Thread

715 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been playing with Mewtwo a bit, and he's essentially almost exactly the same as his Melee version. He seems a bit difficult to combo with, but I feel that practice will fix that. I plan to get the Protoman and X costumes too, so that'll be fun.

Posted

So there's a rumor that Street Fighter's Ryu and Fire Emblem's Roy will be likely DLC some time. There are sound clips for the 3DS version found in the new update that went live today. 

Could be cool. It's funny how people complained about Roy and Marth being similar to each other in Melee, yet Lucina is in Smash 4. 

Posted

Ryu would be interesting, he's a popular Capcpom character so that would be neat. Would his playstyle be similar to that of the Street Fighter series? Who knows.

Roy, however, is an odd one. He was a clone back then, and he really isn't that popular of a Fire Emblem character. I mean if they're releasing him just to have all the old characters come back sure, otherwise eh.

Posted

I read a lot of awkwardzombie so I feel really sad about him not being in brawl or smash 4

Posted

i pretty much had this exact same impression

Except I also hate the look of the menus; there's no consistency, just a bunch of random shapes in random sizes. It looks like someone just threw a bunch of cutouts into a box and then called it a day.

Cassandra likes this

Posted

Of all the characters they could add, Roy is probably the wooooooooooorst choice considering how many sameface anime swords there already are

Posted

He's probably one of the easiest, though. Just recolor Marth a bit. 

But yeah, puppy these lame anime characters

Posted

this girl is aggressive as bananas, it's a stressfest watching her but it's still really cool

Posted

Videos of Ryu and Roy surfaced

Posted

http://youtu.be/kVFsm1s-ywc

Posted

That

wasn't what i was expecting

Posted

Is it weird that the thing I'm most excited about is anticipating how awkward zombie is going to respond to roy being back in smash:

3FZfzou.jpg

Q6KByEn.jpg

vq8tpwc.jpg

3KgwQg8.jpg

kWnONBe.jpg

RiJYIKf.jpg

tn7W0va.png

e37lI2i.png

V3lcX1B.png

FlGUgDp.png

T1g, Eka, DR SHRUBBERY! and 1 other like this

Posted

This whole pre-E3 Smash video is hype as heck. It looks like they put a lot of work into Ryu. It's cool how much love they seem to put into making every character, especially ones that are new to the series, like Megaman, Little Mac, Wii Fit Trainer, Pac Man, etc.

SilverAlchemic and Eka like this

Posted

So like, they are adding Roy because he is also a clone of Marth and Lucina right?  Makes him easier to make or something

EDIT: Just saw Muff's ninja post. Looks like the change his moves up. Thats cool. Still very much a clone character

Posted

Yeah, that's probably the case. Same with Lucas. If it makes people happy though, it's not all that bad. At least they changed a bit of it from what they showed.

Also, the poster Akiman did for Ryu's arrival:

0FfhHYV.png

I'm dying. Wii Fit Trainer. Pac Man eating wood. But then there's the part that it's referencing an old Street Fighter poster as well.

nx0s8ik.jpg

And it gets even better. And things make more sense, but also even more funny.

Original sizes for both pictures:

http://i.imgur.com/AuhR12y.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/h51dekr.jpg