New Smashbros Discussion Thread

715 posts in this topic

Posted

OK wow Ryu's implementation in game is puppying insane. He probably has an Evil Ryu and a Ken color palette. Also probably Dan.

I also like how they picked Street Fighter 2 as his basis, which is a Super Nintendo Game

Eka likes this

Posted

N64 SMASH STAGES COMETH

tumblr_inline_npxzg9kGi61qgr6tq_500.gif

pheonix561 and T1g like this

Posted

wow that is kinda weird that they didn't do Evil Ryu, but its even weirder that there isn't a Ken color palette

Posted

Maybe those count as different intellectual property and nintendo would have to pay extra for them? Not sure if the color palettes count, I'll be it was something they discussed when they were purchasing the rights to use ryu in the game.

Posted

That can't be it because Ken is a trophy in the game

Posted

Well Rayman is too. So maybe it is that issue pheo said.

If they had a Ken recolor, you know—you just KNOW— that people would cry about the lack of a knuckles or shadow recolor for sonic.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

ok yeah that is a good point

I am actually pretty hyped for Roy. He is the first character I played as in Melee, and the one I sort of main still in that game.

I also like how his final smash is the same as his Critical Hit animation

roy_masterlord_sword.gif

Posted

OH GOD I DIDNT REALIZE THE DLC WAS OUT RIGHT NOW AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Posted

I JUST PAID 30$ FOR THE BUNDLE THAT INCLUDES BOTH VERSIONS OF THE GAME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Posted

30$ for how much content?? Also if there isn't a ms pacman skin or even ghost recolors of pac man then it's gotta be what Pheo said.

Posted

Maybe I missed it but did Nintendo give a reason for why not all of the N64 stages are up? They only put in the Kirby stage so far.

And as for both versions is it $30? Must be the exchange rate because its close to $40 for me. ;_; I need to save up some before I can buy any DLC.

Posted

It was 3 characters, 2 stages, and a whole bunch of mii costumes, for 2 versions of the game. So the cost is somewhat understandable, but its dumb that i have to pay for both version of the game

Cassandra likes this

Posted

Oh so if I were to only get the wii u version it'd be less, right? Still seems pretty steep. Especially for Nintendo. I mean mario kart 8 dlc, both packs added like 50% more tracks and only cost 12 bucks or something for both.

Posted

yeah too true. Problem is i wanted both the characters and the stages so I wound up paying the extra amount

Pizzza likes this